Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1598981 times)

bobster

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #960 on: August 06, 2013, 11:11:57 am »
I'm still shelving stuff in the game room.  I hit a big bump in the road last night.  A game is missing.  I remember buying it for $3.95.  I didn't sell it.  I've looked everywhere I know to look.  Gun Nac for the NES is lost.  It sucks too because she ain't cheap.  $#*!

Ouch Bummer :/
Currently Playing: The Witcher

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #961 on: August 09, 2013, 11:49:37 am »
Another shot of something in My Last Corner of the World
My wife put this together for me last night.  It looks real nice lit up.

bobster

« Reply #962 on: August 09, 2013, 11:54:19 am »

*snip*

I have that very same curio cabinet :D

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #963 on: August 09, 2013, 11:59:03 am »

*snip*

I have that very same curio cabinet :D

I bought it from some old lady's yard sale for $20.  I wanted to put systems in it (NES, SNES, and whatnot), but it's just a shade too shallow.  Game & Watches it is, I guess.

soera

« Reply #964 on: August 09, 2013, 12:05:37 pm »
Thats the exact same display cabinet I used for my DQ shrine at first. I definitely agree on it being too shallow. It certainly didnt hold much for long when I started adding things like sealed controllers and what not. However, for your situation, it looks really good!

bobster

« Reply #965 on: August 09, 2013, 12:50:42 pm »
It is deceptive how deep it is. That mirror is what does it. I've got my Lego and some action figures in mine :D

desocietas

« Reply #966 on: August 12, 2013, 04:26:48 pm »
Haven't had time to go back and read the posts I've missed, so please excuse me if this has already been mentioned but...

http://kotaku.com/extreme-gamestop-pricing-leaves-some-fans-calling-scam-1108627828

Hopefully my friend still has a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles for me so I don't have to pay $90 for what might just be an unshrinkwrapped used game.  This is ridiculous if it's true, and it all looks very suspect...

I have a page monitor on the Xenoblade stock at my local branches, and it looks like over the weekend (while I was out of town), it went from 0 local stores to at least 25 local shops having the item in stock  >:(
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 04:30:39 pm by desocietas »
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

bobster

« Reply #967 on: August 12, 2013, 04:32:44 pm »
I just read that over on /r/gamecollecting. That's super shady. Magically it's in "low stock" in every gamestop around me.

soera

« Reply #968 on: August 12, 2013, 06:02:02 pm »
Yeah Im getting the low stock on every store in the area too. Im kind of pissed cause I actually went to go pick up a copy when it was still on shelves and they all magically disappeared. Now they are twice the price?

desocietas

« Reply #969 on: August 12, 2013, 06:19:59 pm »
Yeah Im getting the low stock on every store in the area too. Im kind of pissed cause I actually went to go pick up a copy when it was still on shelves and they all magically disappeared. Now they are twice the price?

Yup, that's how I felt.  Where were these copies the other week when I had a 25% off coupon? I would've happily dropped $35 or $40 on a used game then.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #970 on: August 12, 2013, 07:51:11 pm »
Word on the street is that the new ones popping up have a "Nintendo" on the inside of the case where the old ones said "Wii".
Now this is just a rumor I saw somewhere on the interwebs.  Can anyone confirm or disprove this?

Edit: Mine says "Wii"
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 07:58:24 pm by turf »

foxhack

« Reply #971 on: August 12, 2013, 08:17:51 pm »
Word on the street is that the new ones popping up have a "Nintendo" on the inside of the case where the old ones said "Wii".
Now this is just a rumor I saw somewhere on the interwebs.  Can anyone confirm or disprove this?

Edit: Mine says "Wii"

A thread at NeoGAF showed pictures of this. That means that they're using newer cases. Which means these are reprinted copies.

soera

« Reply #972 on: August 12, 2013, 09:42:23 pm »
Reprinted is fine with me. Reselling an exclusive store only game as used for twice the price as new is not fine with me. Its bullshit and its a form of price gouging. I know games arent "necessary" but it still fits.

soera

« Reply #973 on: August 13, 2013, 01:36:18 pm »
So I had a little time today out of the house and just happened to be near a Gamestop. Walked in and asked if they had a copy of Xenoblade. Guy was like "oh you mean this? I just got it today." And pulled out what asthetically was a brand new copy of the game (codes still in the inside, all the other stuff too). I asked him what the fuck on the price, why its twice the price of new and he tells me "We dont sell new copies anymore." I mentioned to him that even the "new" copies they sold were already opened. He didnt say anything and started helping some other guy who came in to sell a few Xblah games. After that dude was done and left, he looks back at me and asks if I want it. I say hell no, not for $90 ... he kind of laughs a little. I tell him that its bullshit that every GS in the local area suddenly got in a copy of the game just today and that all the gaming forums around the internet right now know of what the hell GS is doing and that they are on borrowed time and sooner than later GS is going to be just another worthless memory and walked out the door. The 2 girls working there were kind of thrown off and their eyes got really big. I just smiled all the way to the car.

desocietas

« Reply #974 on: August 13, 2013, 01:55:42 pm »
I mentioned to him that even the "new" copies they sold were already opened.

hahahah, ^ this was probably my favorite part.  good goin', man!
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas