Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1592596 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #2280 on: May 16, 2014, 12:01:43 pm »
That...that's certainly something.   :o  Now I'm wondering if I still have that artbook and/or soundtrack.   ;)

GH version, no less!

I've got both, but I'm not interested in parting with them...I like & listen to that OST a lot  8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #2281 on: May 16, 2014, 12:15:32 pm »
Meh, that's what mp3 ripping software was made for!  :P  Seriously tho, I'm not the biggest fan of that series so if I *do* have those 2 extras (not sure that I do...) then they certainly aren't worth that much for me to keep.  :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

soera

« Reply #2282 on: May 16, 2014, 01:19:30 pm »
Thats the Japanese version.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2283 on: May 16, 2014, 01:38:41 pm »
Thats the Japanese version.

You sure about that?

I see that some of them are being sold/shipped from JP -but- if you look on the "product information" page...and look at the game, the case, the art book, the CD...even all of the writing in the thumbnails (that have text in them) is in English  :o

Maybe our version is rare/in high demand in JP?

soera

« Reply #2284 on: May 16, 2014, 01:44:08 pm »
My guess is its exactly the opposite. The JP version is probably in high demand here. Im guessing it wasnt nearly as popular there so the amount of CEs were more limited and, if its anything like most JP versions of games, there is more content as far as rated R type stuff.

The initial picture is probably just a generic pic.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2285 on: May 16, 2014, 01:46:15 pm »
My guess is its exactly the opposite. The JP version is probably in high demand here. Im guessing it wasnt nearly as popular there so the amount of CEs were more limited and, if its anything like most JP versions of games, there is more content as far as rated R type stuff.

check out its item #  ;)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2286 on: May 16, 2014, 01:51:52 pm »

check out its item #  ;)

It's also the NA release date - not the JP one...

argyle

« Reply #2287 on: May 16, 2014, 02:16:37 pm »
Yeah, it also mentions that it's by Atlus, who had nothing to do w/ the JP version.  Definitely looks like the US version to me.

Turns out I have the soundtrack cd but not the artbook.  :P 
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

foxhack

« Reply #2288 on: May 16, 2014, 02:53:42 pm »
It's just an inflated price that shady Amazon resellers came up with.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #2289 on: May 16, 2014, 07:53:26 pm »
Almost caved and dropped by a game store here today but was able to talk myself out of it. Halfway through the month and I'm still game free.

Got a sponsor?  :P

Well this thread is called "VGCs Anonymous." I'm gonna need my month long chip by the end of this.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2290 on: May 17, 2014, 08:05:57 am »
Almost caved and dropped by a game store here today but was able to talk myself out of it. Halfway through the month and I'm still game free.

Got a sponsor?  :P

Well this thread is called "VGCs Anonymous." I'm gonna need my month long chip by the end of this.

Haha!

You know what happens when you've got one foot in tomorrow & one in yesterday; right?

A.  You piss all over today  ;)

argyle

« Reply #2291 on: May 17, 2014, 10:47:44 pm »
So here's a flea market story for you guys.  First, let me say that I don't tell people when I think their stuff is overpriced - I think that's bad form.  They figure it out I assume when I thank them & walk away.  If they're just a little higher than what I think is fair I'll make them an offer, when they're WAY high (some guy today told me $60 for an old-style NES that looked very beat up) I don't even bother because if their price is that far off from mine I figure my offer will just insult them.  Again, they'll figure it out when no one buys it for that price.  ;)

Anyway, I walk up to a booth that was mostly odds & ends but I did see a ps1 system & a few rough-looking games in a stack, so I'm glancing over them.  The games are PS2, oddly enough, and nothing even remotely interesting.  I was about to just walk on when he starts trying to sell me on the ps1, telling me about the controllers/cables/etc. that it comes with and how he'll make me a good deal on it.  I tell him I don't need another one, I have 2 now - I just bought a second one a couple weeks ago at a yard sale.  He asks me what I paid for it, so I tell him - $5 (technically it was $4 because it didn't include a controller, but I amazingly stumbled across a used ps1 controller at Gamestop of all places for $1 the next day so I just call it $5).  He laughs and goes "He didn't know what he had!"  I pause, that kinda struck me funny and again, this guy initiated the price discussion not me.  So I stop (I was walking away) and replied "No, I thought that was about average."  He then takes this "you don't know what you're talking about, *I* do" tone and goes "No, I'd have to have AT LEAST $30 for mine!".  It took everything in me to swallow the *very* sarcastic "well good luck with THAT!" that was on my tongue, and instead I just walked away.

::)

« Reply #2292 on: May 17, 2014, 11:51:34 pm »
So here's a flea market story for you guys.  First, let me say that I don't tell people when I think their stuff is overpriced - I think that's bad form.  They figure it out I assume when I thank them & walk away.  If they're just a little higher than what I think is fair I'll make them an offer, when they're WAY high (some guy today told me $60 for an old-style NES that looked very beat up) I don't even bother because if their price is that far off from mine I figure my offer will just insult them.  Again, they'll figure it out when no one buys it for that price.  ;)

Anyway, I walk up to a booth that was mostly odds & ends but I did see a ps1 system & a few rough-looking games in a stack, so I'm glancing over them.  The games are PS2, oddly enough, and nothing even remotely interesting.  I was about to just walk on when he starts trying to sell me on the ps1, telling me about the controllers/cables/etc. that it comes with and how he'll make me a good deal on it.  I tell him I don't need another one, I have 2 now - I just bought a second one a couple weeks ago at a yard sale.  He asks me what I paid for it, so I tell him - $5 (technically it was $4 because it didn't include a controller, but I amazingly stumbled across a used ps1 controller at Gamestop of all places for $1 the next day so I just call it $5).  He laughs and goes "He didn't know what he had!"  I pause, that kinda struck me funny and again, this guy initiated the price discussion not me.  So I stop (I was walking away) and replied "No, I thought that was about average."  He then takes this "you don't know what you're talking about, *I* do" tone and goes "No, I'd have to have AT LEAST $30 for mine!".  It took everything in me to swallow the *very* sarcastic "well good luck with THAT!" that was on my tongue, and instead I just walked away.

::)

5 bucks for a PS1? I wouldn't say that was average lol That's kinda crazy cheap.  I think a more comfortable, non-store price is more around 15 to 20 bucks for a working PS1.  At least that's what I've seen.

I make sure not to do the same thing either with prices, I don't really like to call people out, like I tried to get this Jungle Green N64 controller from a reseller at the Flea Market and they wanted like 15 for it.  The thing is broken, the analog is gone, it's basically just worth it for the shell which is fine since I happen to have spare parts for one so I should be able to replace the parts, but I told her I'd do 5 and she just said no, because she knows it is rare.  That thing has been there for...over a year? Longer? A broken rare thing doesn't mean it's really worth much anymore.

Now that I think about it, I might try and get that again.  It's been quite awhile and I could really use it.  Gonna play the "it's been in your shop for a long time" card and see if that works lol

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2293 on: May 18, 2014, 05:05:58 pm »
When will Assassins Creed games just drop the whole modern part?  I want to be a pirate not a computer hacker.

« Reply #2294 on: May 18, 2014, 05:35:15 pm »
When will Assassins Creed games just drop the whole modern part?  I want to be a pirate not a computer hacker.

I wish they had dropped it a long time ago, it's really dumb and as seen in AC3, was just a garbage story.  Really the worst aspect of the series.