Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1552608 times)

90snostalga

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #2325 on: May 25, 2014, 09:04:11 am »
If you didn't watch UFC 173 tonight, you missed some awesome fights.

You, sir, just made me sad. I had to close tonight. :(

Are you a manager yet?  Are you still enjoying the delivery business?

I think its going to happen this week. Im tired though as I havent had a day off at all this calendar month.

Oh snap.  I just realized you have Admin status!  Congrats!!!!   8)

htimreimer

« Reply #2326 on: May 25, 2014, 06:01:24 pm »
what do you guys think of the boldness of this boxart for a turn based strategy game for the sharp X68000

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2327 on: May 25, 2014, 07:58:57 pm »
what do you guys think of the boldness of this boxart for a turn based strategy game for the sharp X68000

Because it has Nazi imagery? Doesn't seem that offensive to me. WWII did happen, and lots of games have you fighting Nazis in WWII.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 08:06:57 pm by burningdoom »

foxhack

« Reply #2328 on: May 25, 2014, 08:05:12 pm »
It's Japanese, they don't shy away from using that stuff in box art or similar things.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2329 on: May 25, 2014, 08:18:25 pm »
I went to Disney World a couple of weeks ago. They took all the Nazi stuff out of the Indiana Jones stunt show. I guess that's offensive now days?

90snostalga

« Reply #2330 on: May 26, 2014, 10:11:26 am »
Lesson learned.   Never unscrew an xbox 360 controller and take it apart to try and fix some of the stuck buttons.  Does not work as easy as an old Sega controller.  Now my 360 controller is broken...

karyann

« Reply #2331 on: May 26, 2014, 10:33:32 am »
Lesson learned.   Never unscrew an xbox 360 controller and take it apart to try and fix some of the stuck buttons.  Does not work as easy as an old Sega controller.  Now my 360 controller is broken...

Oh gosh I learned this (for the 3rd time, no less... seems like I didn't learn yet actually) this week-end but for PS2 controllers. Damn are these things impossible to put back the same way it was before... I had a (probably) working dirty controller, I have a "broken" clean one now.  >:(
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 10:35:22 am by karyann »

soera

« Reply #2332 on: May 26, 2014, 11:23:59 am »
Ahhh yes. Ive done this many many times. Its a horrible pain to put controllers back together. Ive gotten really good at PS3 controllers. PS2 I have totally given up on.

jobocan

« Reply #2333 on: May 26, 2014, 11:29:02 am »
So this saturday I moved to a new house, and lesson learned on my side too, never hire movers, they will rip you off.

Once I get this game room a bit more sorted out I'll be posting pictures of it. Still missing some consoles and stuff. Still lots of stuff to do, and some things didn't work as planned, but I took a week off work to take care of everything. Buying your first house is a slightly stressful affair... but it's going only a little bit worse than I was expecting :P

foxhack

« Reply #2334 on: May 26, 2014, 02:38:20 pm »
Wait, they stole some of your boxes? Don't they keep an inventory or something?

jobocan

« Reply #2335 on: May 26, 2014, 03:27:45 pm »

Nah, no boxes stolen, just... sort of randomly put in wrong rooms and me not knowing where they are in the house (we moved to a smaller house, so there's a lot of stuff in weird places right now).

The problem with the movers is that they estimated the move to take them 4 hours after we listed what furniture we had to move, and it took them nearly 12, and they still charged us for the extra time they took, and the boss of the company was also extremely rude on multiple occasions, so I put up a complaint to the Better Business Bureau.

90snostalga

« Reply #2336 on: May 26, 2014, 04:35:46 pm »

Nah, no boxes stolen, just... sort of randomly put in wrong rooms and me not knowing where they are in the house (we moved to a smaller house, so there's a lot of stuff in weird places right now).

The problem with the movers is that they estimated the move to take them 4 hours after we listed what furniture we had to move, and it took them nearly 12, and they still charged us for the extra time they took, and the boss of the company was also extremely rude on multiple occasions, so I put up a complaint to the Better Business Bureau.

Sorry to hear that.  I will take note of this tho'.  Me and the family plan, keyword is plan, on moving to a house early next year after taxes.  It will be our first house together.  I'll probably just get family to help us move everything to avoid confusion.  I would be paranoid about hiring someone to do it tho' thinking they may try to take stuff. 

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2337 on: May 26, 2014, 09:00:51 pm »
Riddle me this. Why is WWE '13 on Wii a $30+ game?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2338 on: May 26, 2014, 09:37:36 pm »
Riddle me this. Why is WWE '13 on Wii a $30+ game?

Great game, best WWE wrestling game in the last few years. But I have no idea why it would be more on the Wii, especially considering the controls are likely a mess.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2339 on: May 27, 2014, 03:10:59 am »
Ad inside of a comic book: