Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1582954 times)

90snostalga

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #2355 on: May 28, 2014, 03:41:26 pm »
Honestly Turf, I did not fully understand what your post meant.  Are you saying you dont like when a new user brags and shows off their collection pics?
He's admitting to being elitist and looking down on other peoples collections. At least on the inside.

It's ok Turf, we still love you.

P.S. Any new videos soon?

Oh okay.  I get it.  That explains a few things...

scott

« Reply #2356 on: May 28, 2014, 03:57:47 pm »
I think everyone in any hobby can pretty easily become and elitist. Its happened to me before, back when I was a wow raider. Its a pretty easy thing to have happen, actually.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

90snostalga

« Reply #2357 on: May 28, 2014, 04:11:37 pm »
I think everyone in any hobby can pretty easily become and elitist. Its happened to me before, back when I was a wow raider. Its a pretty easy thing to have happen, actually.

I need to get out from under my rock!  lol.  Please educate me on what in the world is a "wow raider"?

90snostalga

« Reply #2358 on: May 28, 2014, 04:12:53 pm »
Anyone find their self going to Gamestop because of a secret crush on an employee there? Or is that just me?   ;)

@Scott, I see your playing Panzer Dragoon Saga.  Would you say so far that the gameplay is worth its Ebay worth?

scott

« Reply #2359 on: May 28, 2014, 04:35:15 pm »

I need to get out from under my rock!  lol.  Please educate me on what in the world is a "wow raider"?

World of Warcraft end game raiding, where you go in to a dungeon with 10-40 people and do high end content. It used to require a pretty cohesive team in order to knock out bosses, I don't know if that's still the case. But you needed people with the right character builds, the right team make up and you needed people that could focus and follow orders.

scott

« Reply #2360 on: May 28, 2014, 09:44:33 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1TxX-gLdL4

hmm. I can't get youtube links to embed..

foxhack

« Reply #2361 on: May 28, 2014, 09:49:33 pm »

hmm. I can't get youtube links to embed..

It doesn't work with https links.

scott

« Reply #2362 on: May 28, 2014, 09:52:21 pm »
Ahh.

soera

« Reply #2363 on: May 28, 2014, 11:02:47 pm »

Raiding isnt just limited to WoW neither. I used to raid on Everquest 6 days a week. Scott explained the WoW form, Ill explain the Everquest form. A raid is 54 people split up into 9 groups all using a certain chat command and gathered together to take down a boss whether it be a dragon, a god, etc. It normally requires at least 3-4 really beefed up tanks (a warrior type wearing the best armor to stand there and piss off the monster and get beat on while the rest of the raid beats on the monster) about a dozen healers and lots of support classes (which is what I was - a bard). Raids require a lot of planning, a lot of focus, and a lot of teamwork but if it works out right, the loot drops are second to none.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2364 on: May 28, 2014, 11:56:17 pm »
Anyone find their self going to Gamestop because of a secret crush on an employee there? Or is that just me?   ;)
Guilty...

I only saw her a few times and  I was either already thinking of a purchase beforehand or picking up a pre-order anyway.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 12:36:28 am by MJMaranan »

Please check out the games I have for sale.

jcalder8

« Reply #2365 on: May 29, 2014, 08:26:24 am »
Maybe it's my mood at the time or maybe I read too much into what they are posting; but when I cruise around other sites and see people showing off their collection with an album of pictures, I can't help but think "That's cute". 
Everyone's collection is "cute" to someone else.

Congrats on passing 2000 items...... that's a "cute" little collection

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2366 on: May 29, 2014, 08:30:46 am »
Maybe it's my mood at the time or maybe I read too much into what they are posting; but when I cruise around other sites and see people showing off their collection with an album of pictures, I can't help but think "That's cute". 

Thanks dude. I need that.

bobster

« Reply #2367 on: May 29, 2014, 09:06:45 am »

Hahahah I'm glad we all get along here.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2368 on: May 29, 2014, 09:12:38 am »

truth!

ALL of our collections are "quaint & cute" compared to da Flea's, though  :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #2369 on: May 29, 2014, 09:57:42 am »

truth!

ALL of our collections are "quaint & cute" compared to da Flea's, though  :P

Well yeah, but that's because Flea steps outside his door & trips over 3 piles of rare complete games every morning.  :P 

I had to take him off of follow the other day because my feed page was nothing but his pickups!   :o
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis