Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1651269 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #3285 on: August 28, 2014, 12:34:15 pm »
Ah, After giving Atelier Rorona about an hour, that game is not for me.  I played a PS2 Alchemy game years ago very similar that I could not get into.  The story did not capture my attention at the beginning.  This girl Rorona comes to the town to show everyone what the technology statue or thing was and she could stay if they let her practiced alchemy.  Then to find out she barley knows alchemy and the shop is mysteriously going to be shut down, etc.  Story just was not strong to me or catching.  But I gave it a chance and tried to go out and find ingredients and did a couple of battles with monsters.  It just did not do it for me.  I understand it has a cult following but I just cant handle it. 

I wish I could because I really wanted to get into the Atelier series  :'(  But regardless of that, I appreciate the recommendation Disgaeniac!   :)

At least you gave it a shot    ;D

No worries, as much as I might *think* that they should - not everyone's going to like & enjoy every game the same way that I do    ;)

At least here at VGC, we don't get much of the immature & prevailing attitude and theme that a lot of other gaming sites do...you all know wtf I'm talking about; right?

The old & ever popular "you're *wrong* and/or have bad taste if you don't like what I do the exact same way & amount that I do" one   :P

Yea I tried and gave it a shot.  I did like the animation, you know the cartoonish look.  That was very appealing but that was about all for me tho.  I did get a giggle tho.  The part were her master was like "oh do are you talking about what I did to you in your sleep last night?"  after a few seconds, I was like what??  Its like the game hints at sexual humor which was clever lol  ;)

And this is the only gaming site I'm affiliated with so I don't know about any other ones and I now fell left out.  I take it VGCollect is the Best!??  :)

I laughed at that too!

VGC is MY favorite gaming site, but, not all of the other ones are really terrible.

KASH - I read jfloyd the same way as you.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #3286 on: August 28, 2014, 06:06:50 pm »
Am I alone in thinking that the analog stick on the 3DS is complete & total crap?  Stupid thing sticks all the time, and when it isn't sticking it still doesn't move smoothly at all.  I hate playing games that require it.

Side-note: the "special" levels in Super Mario 3D World make me want to punch a baby seal.   >:(
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

davifus

« Reply #3287 on: August 28, 2014, 06:59:37 pm »
Am I alone in thinking that the analog stick on the 3DS is complete & total crap?  Stupid thing sticks all the time, and when it isn't sticking it still doesn't move smoothly at all.  I hate playing games that require it.

Side-note: the "special" levels in Super Mario 3D World make me want to punch a baby seal.   >:(

It does suck... I'm still wondering how im going to enjoy Smash 4 @ october with my tiny 3ds screem with a awful flat analog.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

Bwigdahl

« Reply #3288 on: August 28, 2014, 07:41:43 pm »
Yeah that analog stick definitely doesn't feel great. it always feels like it's about to slip.

karyann

« Reply #3289 on: August 29, 2014, 10:22:26 am »

I don't know, I personally like it and don't have any issues! But I'm a bit worried about Smash too. Let's wait and see!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3290 on: August 29, 2014, 01:09:59 pm »

I don't know, I personally like it and don't have any issues! But I'm a bit worried about Smash too. Let's wait and see!

It's no worse than the PSP one.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3291 on: August 29, 2014, 01:50:34 pm »
I'm not a very smart person... not at all. 

I'm trying to buy yet another arcade cabinet.  It's PacMan this time.  Dude wants $400 right now, but I'm going to shoot him $300 and hope to land at $350.  It's a couple hours away from here, so I haven't seen it in person.  Damn this arcade habit.  I don't have room for it, but I want every reasonably priced cabinet I can find.

argyle

« Reply #3292 on: August 29, 2014, 01:52:18 pm »

Maybe, but it's put to shame by the Vita sticks. 
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

davifus

« Reply #3293 on: August 29, 2014, 01:55:03 pm »

Vita is great

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3294 on: August 29, 2014, 01:57:21 pm »

Vita is great

Really? I hate the long load times, being that it's a handheld and supposed to be quick gameplay. And I feel it has a pretty weak library.

argyle

« Reply #3295 on: August 29, 2014, 02:20:14 pm »
I love both handhelds and wouldn't part with either one, but I actually own more games on my Vita than my 3DS. 

davifus

« Reply #3296 on: August 29, 2014, 02:34:05 pm »

Vita is great

Really? I hate the long load times, being that it's a handheld and supposed to be quick gameplay. And I feel it has a pretty weak library.

A weak Library can always grow. The US is the one with the weak library. Japan Vita Library is pretty great. Spec wise the vita is far superior than the 3DS

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3297 on: August 29, 2014, 02:35:57 pm »

I'm trying to buy yet another arcade cabinet.  It's PacMan this time.  Dude wants $400 right now, but I'm going to shoot him $300 and hope to land at $350.  It's a couple hours away from here, so I haven't seen it in person.  Damn this arcade habit.  I don't have room for it, but I want every reasonably priced cabinet I can find.

Yeah, I'm quoting myself.  What of it??

I really need to stay off of craigslist.  I've sent emails for 4 arcade cabinets since lunch.  Pacman, Ms. Pacman, Double Dragon, and Marvel vs. Capcom.  This could get expensive real fast.

90snostalga

« Reply #3298 on: August 29, 2014, 02:48:25 pm »

I really need to stay off of craigslist.  I've sent emails for 4 arcade cabinets since lunch.  Pacman, Ms. Pacman, Double Dragon, and Marvel vs. Capcom.  This could get expensive real fast.

Dont feel bad Turf. You can donate the arcade. How about this? I'll give you 100 to cover the delivery fee and you bring it to my home? Problem solved. You will no longer be creating chaos in your game room but still feeding your arcade habit. What you say? 8)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3299 on: August 29, 2014, 03:04:45 pm »

Dont feel bad Turf. You can donate the arcade. How about this? I'll give you 100 to cover the delivery fee and you bring it to my home? Problem solved. You will no longer be creating chaos in your game room but still feeding your arcade habit. What you say? 8)

How about I give you $100 and you come clean out my garage and transform it into the arcade / work space that I want.