Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1651107 times)

bobster

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #3315 on: September 02, 2014, 08:32:41 am »
In celebration of Halloween I have been debating on starting a Resident Evil marathon, playing all the main games from 0 to 6 (also included are Code Veronica and Revelations). I normally would be diving right into this, but I have been studying for about a month and half for the CompTIA A+ certification and want to make sure I keep the momentum going with them. Given I'd have 9 games to get through in 2-months, I will have to decide really soon. Thought I'd ask the room and see what everyone else thinks?

If I do not go this route, I will probably be picking some other horror themed game to play this October. In past years I've played various Castlevania games and Fatal Frame, and some potential candidates this year are Disgaea (not really horror-themed, but always gave somewhat of a Halloween-ish vibe), Clock Tower 2, Dead Space, or Dark Souls.
I'm torn because I always want someone to succeed and improve their education. But on the other hand, I love video games!

Do you have a date yet for your test? I usually give myself a month or less total. I find that if I drag it out, it's less likely to happen :(.

More on topic, this sounds like a great idea! Maybe I'll make it a point to finish Silent Hill: Downpour, and finally get around to playing Siren!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

karyann

« Reply #3316 on: September 02, 2014, 08:53:15 am »
Japan really always gets the best looking systems. I'm not even a big Dragon Quest fan, and I want this PS4!

http://tinycartridge.com/post/96401919687/metal-slime-playstation-4-sony-is-putting-out-a

argyle

« Reply #3317 on: September 02, 2014, 08:56:02 am »
I picked up some horror PS2 games earlier this year and in testing them out I found that - at least up-front - I was really digging Kuon.  So I think I'm gonna play through it in October.  I'd also like to play through Dead Space 3, but with all the new releases between now & then I'll be lucky to get one game knocked out of my backlog.  ;) 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

soera

« Reply #3318 on: September 02, 2014, 09:00:19 am »
Japan really always gets the best looking systems. I'm not even a big Dragon Quest fan, and I want this PS4!

http://tinycartridge.com/post/96401919687/metal-slime-playstation-4-sony-is-putting-out-a

Im going to find one. This is my destiny.

kashell

« Reply #3319 on: September 02, 2014, 09:22:44 am »
I was never a Dragon Quest fan, so that PS4 is kind of an eye sore. By which I mean it's a huge eye sore. By which I mean it would be used as a book end or a drink coaster.

karyann

« Reply #3320 on: September 02, 2014, 09:25:02 am »
I was never a Dragon Quest fan, so that PS4 is kind of an eye sore. By which I mean it's a huge eye sore. By which I mean it would be used as a book end or a drink coaster.

But but but slimes are so cute!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3321 on: September 02, 2014, 09:27:32 am »

Yeah, I personally think that it would look better sans the (liquid metal) slime!

Whaaaaaaat, Brad?!

Do you mean to tell me that you don't already have 3 or 4 of these bad boys in your house?!  :o

Btw - in my house, Costume Quest is the only acceptable & appropriate game to be played annually for Halloween  8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

foxhack

« Reply #3322 on: September 02, 2014, 09:43:26 am »

Ew, someone spilled ice cream on it.

I dig the color, though.

soera

« Reply #3323 on: September 02, 2014, 09:50:54 am »

Yeah, I personally think that it would look better sans the (liquid metal) slime!
I was instantly attracted to the look of the system with the slime on it. But of course I have a weakness! :D
Whaaaaaaat, Brad?!

Do you mean to tell me that you don't already have 3 or 4 of these bad boys in your house?!  :o
No one has this up for pre-order yet. :( Im going to be checking on a daily basis though

Btw - in my house, Costume Quest is the only acceptable & appropriate game to be played annually for Halloween  8)
I can live with that, lol.

argyle

« Reply #3324 on: September 02, 2014, 12:08:01 pm »
The slime is apparently removable:

Which makes sense, since judging from the pic with it on the system it would appear to be blocking at least one of the USB ports.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

thekosmickollector

« Reply #3325 on: September 02, 2014, 04:52:39 pm »
So for some reason I just played FreeSki for 2 straight hours and now I feel a little insane, send help

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3326 on: September 02, 2014, 05:00:55 pm »
So for some reason I just played FreeSki for 2 straight hours and now I feel a little insane, send help

2 hours?! How many runs did you make down the hill? The monster shows up to eat you after like 2 minutes.

thekosmickollector

« Reply #3327 on: September 02, 2014, 05:37:15 pm »

2 hours?! How many runs did you make down the hill? The monster shows up to eat you after like 2 minutes.

I really, honestly have no idea. I was just playing it mindlessly with my music playlist in my headphones and before I knew it 2 hours had passed.

« Reply #3328 on: September 02, 2014, 06:47:17 pm »
In celebration of Halloween I have been debating on starting a Resident Evil marathon, playing all the main games from 0 to 6 (also included are Code Veronica and Revelations). I normally would be diving right into this, but I have been studying for about a month and half for the CompTIA A+ certification and want to make sure I keep the momentum going with them. Given I'd have 9 games to get through in 2-months, I will have to decide really soon. Thought I'd ask the room and see what everyone else thinks?

If I do not go this route, I will probably be picking some other horror themed game to play this October. In past years I've played various Castlevania games and Fatal Frame, and some potential candidates this year are Disgaea (not really horror-themed, but always gave somewhat of a Halloween-ish vibe), Clock Tower 2, Dead Space, or Dark Souls.
I'm torn because I always want someone to succeed and improve their education. But on the other hand, I love video games!

Do you have a date yet for your test? I usually give myself a month or less total. I find that if I drag it out, it's less likely to happen :( .

More on topic, this sounds like a great idea! Maybe I'll make it a point to finish Silent Hill: Downpour, and finally get around to playing Siren!

I wish it only took a month to study for this test. I am fairly computer savvy, but there are a lot of specifications I knew little to nothing about so I've decided to study my ass off and take the test in January. I've been very consistent with it, but I still have a long way to go, especially if I'm going to take it soon.

I've decided to just start playing something next month. I might actually take on one of the newer RE titles since I've never played 5 or 6.

davifus

« Reply #3329 on: September 02, 2014, 06:55:14 pm »

Do you have a date yet for your test? I usually give myself a month or less total. I find that if I drag it out, it's less likely to happen :( .

I wish it only took a month to study for this test. I am fairly computer savvy, but there are a lot of specifications I knew little to nothing about so I've decided to study my ass off and take the test in January. I've been very consistent with it, but I still have a long way to go, especially if I'm going to take it soon.

I've decided to just start playing something next month. I might actually take on one of the newer RE titles since I've never played 5 or 6.

Go with 5. 6.. ehh I hate it. If all fails I'd go with 4 because that is the best and my favorite.
I give RE 6 a pity 7/10.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 06:59:14 pm by davifus »
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)