Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1650779 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #3855 on: October 09, 2014, 03:50:54 pm »
I don't get how someone could think J-Pop is weird, especially in comparison to the majority of the stuff on the airwaves these days.

To answer dark's question, my favorite singer would be the lady who sang Starry Night, which is the opening song for Tales of Symphonia.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #3856 on: October 09, 2014, 04:03:20 pm »
I don't get how someone could think J-Pop is weird, especially in comparison to the majority of the stuff on the airwaves these days.

To answer dark's question, my favorite singer would be the lady who sang Starry Night, which is the opening song for Tales of Symphonia.

I don't listen to anything on the airwaves these days  :P

Also, I don't think J-Pop is weird in general, I just don't like the music. I was just saying that Hatsune Miku specifically was weird. I mean how is a synthesized/animated japanese schoolgirl performing live with a bunch of middle aged japanese dudes NOT at least a little bit weird?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 04:08:04 pm by Bwigdahl »

argyle

« Reply #3857 on: October 09, 2014, 04:20:05 pm »
Maybe I've seen Macross Plus one too many times, but every time I see her/it I can't help but wonder how much longer it will be before she starts murdering people. :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3858 on: October 09, 2014, 05:41:19 pm »
QUESTION -

(You can only choose *ONE*; none of that old & wishy-washy "it's a tie between ___ & ___" nonsense)...be decisive, folks!

Name your favorite singer/lyricist, current or not, on video game music, OST's, etc.

I've gotta name Emi Evans (NieR & Drakangard 3); hand down  ;)

nobuo uematsu

What's he sang on?

I was assuming composers were allowed too because of OST'S

I love me some Uematsu too but, I was going/looking for *voices* with this one...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

davifus

« Reply #3859 on: October 09, 2014, 05:53:31 pm »
QUESTION -

(You can only choose *ONE*; none of that old & wishy-washy "it's a tie between ___ & ___" nonsense)...be decisive, folks!

Name your favorite singer/lyricist, current or not, on video game music, OST's, etc.

I've gotta name Emi Evans (NieR & Drakangard 3); hand down  ;)

nobuo uematsu

What's he sang on?

I was assuming composers were allowed too because of OST'S

I love me some Uematsu too but, I was going/looking for *voices* with this one...

Alright then RIKKI - Suteki da ne
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3860 on: October 09, 2014, 05:54:01 pm »
Oh yeah!

Anyone know who's beautiful voice it is singing the vocals for Persona's "Velvet Room" - I love dat' voice; reminds me a bit of Amy Lee (from Evanescence)  8)

I also remember thinking that whoever it was singing the female vocals from Eternal Poison (PS2; you played that too, right Kashy?)  had a sweet & strong voice.

And...wtf's her name?
Sang "1,000 years" in FFX-2 - another pleasing voice!

Don't get me wrong folks, Emi Evans is still, hand down, my favorite...just listing some others that I like  ;)

davifus

« Reply #3861 on: October 09, 2014, 06:00:18 pm »
Oh yeah!

Anyone know who's beautiful voice it is singing the vocals for Persona's "Velvet Room" - I love dat' voice; reminds me a bit of Amy Lee (from Evanescence)  8)

I also remember thinking that whoever it was singing the female vocals from Eternal Poison (PS2; you played that too, right Kashy?)  had a sweet & strong voice.

And...wtf's her name?

Don't get me wrong folks, Emi Evans is still, hand down, my favorite...just listing some others that I like  ;)

1000 years
Jap - Koda Kumi
Eng - Jade Villalon
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3862 on: October 09, 2014, 06:03:00 pm »
Oh yeah!

And...wtf's her name?

1000 years
Jap - Koda Kumi
Eng - Jade Villalon

I'm with you on Suteki da ne too; beautiful song!

argyle

« Reply #3863 on: October 09, 2014, 06:20:31 pm »
Oh yeah!

And...wtf's her name?

Lol, my wife despises the Velvet Room song. :P After putting something like 150 hours into P4 Golden before finishing it, when she then started up P3 Portable (yeah, she's going backwards ;) ) she goes "Oh no, it's the SAME SONG for the Velvet Room!?!?!"  :o >:(

;D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

karyann

« Reply #3864 on: October 09, 2014, 07:55:03 pm »

Lol, my wife despises the Velvet Room song. :P After putting something like 150 hours into P4 Golden before finishing it, when she then started up P3 Portable (yeah, she's going backwards ;) ) she goes "Oh no, it's the SAME SONG for the Velvet Room!?!?!"  :o >:(

;D

I just went and listened to it on Youtube, and while her voice sounds clear, these kinds of vocals do get on my nerves too  :( So I guess she's not alone!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3865 on: October 09, 2014, 09:23:08 pm »
Just for the record, I think J-pop is a bit strange, too. But then, I'm a lifelong metalhead so that's bit of the pot calling the tea-kettle black on my part.

pacpix

« Reply #3866 on: October 09, 2014, 09:39:05 pm »
Just for the record, I think J-pop is a bit strange, too. But then, I'm a lifelong metalhead so that's bit of the pot calling the tea-kettle black on my part.
Ha I catch myself doing that often.  I'll listen to a song/genre and think "this is weird..." and then realize that the 90s Funeral Doom Metal album I just listened to is equally as strange.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

Bwigdahl

« Reply #3867 on: October 10, 2014, 12:33:52 am »
I'm primarily an old hiphop head. mostly early 90s stuff like Wu-Tang, Mobb Deep, Tribe. I've never really gotten into anything heavier than like Slayer when it comes to metal. My favorite rock band is Queens of the Stone Age and is probably the most modern thing I listen to, lol... Well them and Mastodon

kashell

« Reply #3868 on: October 10, 2014, 12:31:32 pm »
Ar nosurge completed. Done with that game. Washing my hands of it. XD

maximo310

« Reply #3869 on: October 10, 2014, 12:33:31 pm »
So Dragon Quest II is getting re-released, and a official new translation in the new Ios/Android port. What is really interesting here is that they didnt port the original super famicom version, but they redid the graphics based on the Dragon Quest III remake so it looks pretty good. Plus SE finally gave us a break on pricing it high, so its only $5.  You may want to check it out if you like the series, or want to check out the new stuff in the game. Only issues are the controls and a fixed portrait mode.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.square_enix.android_googleplay.dq2_gp&hl=en

Update: There also was a dragon quest I port to android/ios that came out a month ago and has the same dragon quest 3 graphical update to it, and is going for the cheap price of $2.99 considering how short the game is. The dragon quest 3 graphics design for the remakes seems like a very cost saving measure to avoid having to entirely redo all of the graphics for more modern consoles by using a tileset from 1996, and saving a lot of money in the process.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 04:40:23 pm by maximo310 »