Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1651330 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #3945 on: October 14, 2014, 07:21:27 pm »
So, about that Snap Chat photo leak...

Yeah, so shocking. Didn't see that coming a mile away.

People, this isn't 1996. The internet has been around for a while. You'd think it would be known by now that nothing really disappears from the internet.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3946 on: October 14, 2014, 08:11:04 pm »

People, this isn't 1996. The internet has been around for a while. You'd think it would be known by now that nothing really disappears from the internet.

Except for Myspace...no one goes on their anymore.

karyann

« Reply #3947 on: October 14, 2014, 08:19:44 pm »

If only that would inspire people to stop posting crap on Facebook.  ::) If only.

foxhack

« Reply #3948 on: October 14, 2014, 08:22:20 pm »

Nothing disappears now. But there's a lot of early stuff that wasn't saved anywhere. But that's besides the point.

Apparently Dropbox also got hacked - though they claim anything that got leaked was done because of a third party app.

http://thenextweb.com/apps/2014/10/14/dropbox-passwords-leak-online-alleged-hack/

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3949 on: October 14, 2014, 08:28:20 pm »
Nothing disappears now. But there's a lot of early stuff that wasn't saved anywhere. But that's besides the point.

Have you heard of the Way Back Machine? It's basically a website that has different archives of websites dating well back into the 90s. You can visit old sites the way they used to be. I've spent a few hours at a time browsing that site, at times.

Revisiting the days when WCW was the biggest wrestling organization in the world.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3950 on: October 14, 2014, 08:50:20 pm »

foxhack

« Reply #3951 on: October 14, 2014, 09:01:26 pm »
Have you heard of the Way Back Machine?

Why do you think I said now?

Wayback Archive doesn't have everything from back in the day... and a lot of non-US sites are also missing. :(

Bwigdahl

« Reply #3952 on: October 14, 2014, 10:32:19 pm »
I spent some time on that wayback just now trying to find some of my old posts on IGN lol. That was almost 10 years ago jesus.

maximo310

« Reply #3953 on: October 14, 2014, 11:09:24 pm »
Bayonetta 2. . . WOW!!!!

That is all. . .

I heard the initial sales for it was pretty bad.
It sold 40k and was No.3 in sales in Japan for its opening week. The only reason why it didn't sell more copies was because Super Smash Bros 3DS came out that week with a million copies sold in the first two days. Honestly, the media was making out like it was some big screwup despite the fact its been getting glowing review scores, so don't listen to what those articles say, just go and buy the game next week!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3954 on: October 15, 2014, 07:35:06 am »

care to elaborate?

i've got no clue wtf this is about/referencig!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #3955 on: October 15, 2014, 08:55:51 am »

care to elaborate?

Same here. I would love to hear the juicy gossip.

I'm almost at the part in Flanoir where I can pick a friend to bond with. I'm thinking of selecting Regal first, getting his last title, letting the trophy pop and then resetting so I can do Colette's stuff. My final file will be for my least favorite character: Genis. At least with him I can also get Presea's adorable outfit.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3956 on: October 15, 2014, 09:48:36 am »
KASHY -

I'm *finally* about to beat/finish the 1st phase in Ar no Surge (I know, I know...I haven't been able to find more than 10-15 minutes at a time for gaming lately = I've barely made any progress in the game and, I *have* been reading all of the dialogue - which, as you know,  likely adds HOURS to the game).

I can say that that other...thing has panned out for me AND I am currently reading, fixing, writing/(re)writing, correcting, trimming down, proof-reading, and adding to scripts written by writers I can't name, for tv shows & movies - that I also can't name (or, that don't even Have a name yet).

For the present - by my own choice - I'm doing so in the capacity of a 'ghost', and am being fairly compensated for my time and, more importantly & more satisfying...I'm now among "those" whom receive lovely, lime-green colored envelopes quarterly (aka "residuals"), so wish me luck!

I'm still uncertain about how I feel concerning receiving more money by remaining anonymous vs making less money and receiving 'writing credits'; thoughts?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

soera

« Reply #3957 on: October 15, 2014, 11:17:05 am »

care to elaborate?

This makes #3. I dont pay attention to stuff.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3958 on: October 15, 2014, 11:24:51 am »

care to elaborate?

This makes #3. I dont pay attention to stuff.

#4.  But, I'm a moron.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #3959 on: October 15, 2014, 11:27:10 am »
Hackers got ahold of some 3rd party site that saves the pictures people take in snapchat. they leaked like 100k+ photos of just regular users. Apparently this one is a little bit more taboo however, considering if you just take a a random 100,000 photos from a site like that, odds are there are minors involved in various states of undress... I never go in for when they leak stuff like this from age-appropriate celebs, and I sure as hell am not gonna touch this one with a 500 ft pole. Some people just have too much fucking time on their hands.