Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1651601 times)

davifus

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #3990 on: October 17, 2014, 08:00:42 pm »
Welcome back, 90s!  8)

I just received my 16GB Class 10 Sandisk SD card which I ordered for my 3DS, and it's not as big a difference than I thought it would be, but it certainly does load faster. Seeing how I almost don't download anything, this will probably last me a lifetime  :P

Cccclaaaasss 10...

too fast

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #3993 on: October 18, 2014, 02:13:15 pm »
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-s-controversial-parity-policy-criticized-by-stealth-inc-developer/1100-6419373/

W.t.F?!   :o

One of the many reasons I am baffled by people that are "fans" of Microsoft. I'm not naive, I'm well aware that all businesses are in it to make money. But Microsoft has a long, LONG history of screwing over everyone in their path just to make a buck. I really think most people who take up for them these days must be too young to have been around back in the early Windows days when they were buying up & closing every competitor they came across. But at the same time, it isn't like they've gotten any better.  Iunno, again, Sony & Nintendo both wanna make money too and they both do things that irritate me as well - but I don't get the feeling that either of them are downright evil. Microsoft is basically the Umbrella Corporation. :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

karyann

« Reply #3994 on: October 18, 2014, 03:07:28 pm »
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-s-controversial-parity-policy-criticized-by-stealth-inc-developer/1100-6419373/

One of the many reasons I am baffled by people that are "fans" of Microsoft. I'm not naive, I'm well aware that all businesses are in it to make money. But Microsoft has a long, LONG history of screwing over everyone in their path just to make a buck. I really think most people who take up for them these days must be too young to have been around back in the early Windows days when they were buying up & closing every competitor they came across. But at the same time, it isn't like they've gotten any better.  Iunno, again, Sony & Nintendo both wanna make money too and they both do things that irritate me as well - but I don't get the feeling that either of them are downright evil. Microsoft is basically the Umbrella Corporation. :P

Agreed!

From what I have seen, a lot of Microsoft fans are either uninformed on their behavior and policies, or are hardcore fans of some of their franchises (mostly Halo). I'm not saying this is a bad thing (well, not for being a big fan of a franchise anyway), but this is what I've noticed when people say they're MS fans.

I just received my 16GB Class 10 Sandisk SD card which I ordered for my 3DS, and it's not as big a difference than I thought it would be, but it certainly does load faster. Seeing how I almost don't download anything, this will probably last me a lifetime  :P
Well I derped, it seems like the card I bought isn't compatible with the 3DS. It keeps saying I don't have a SD card inserted, then that I do, then that I don't... I've got to buy another one, after making sure ibeforehand that I'm buying a compatible one this time around  :-\
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 03:10:12 pm by karyann »

maximo310

« Reply #3995 on: October 18, 2014, 04:04:23 pm »

Well I derped, it seems like the card I bought isn't compatible with the 3DS. It keeps saying I don't have a SD card inserted, then that I do, then that I don't... I've got to buy another one, after making sure ibeforehand that I'm buying a compatible one this time around  :-\
[/quote]
Did you try to format the card at all? The SD card should work on there because there are some people who have been using the same type of card and it works on their 3DS. That's pretty weird.

maximo310

« Reply #3997 on: October 18, 2014, 04:15:22 pm »

You know, I was talking to someone about that last night about the parity thing and being a huge ms fan he said "Well, they need to hold on to what games we have on the xbox consoles against these other consoles" and then said something about how Nintendo's games just suck now. I mentioned Bayonetta 2, and he went into a frenzy and was like " This game is way too sexualized" in a similiar way to the Polygon review. I then suggested to him that he should try the game out for himself to play and form his opinion, and he said " I won't purchase Bayonetta 2, because... it exists." WTF?! I guess I'll just have to leave him to stick with MS since he's such a loyal fan in the ideal sense that Microsoft has in mind.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3998 on: October 18, 2014, 04:15:25 pm »

Agreed!

From what I have seen, a lot of Microsoft fans are either uninformed on their behavior and policies, or are hardcore fans of some of their franchises (mostly Halo). I'm not saying this is a bad thing (well, not for being a big fan of a franchise anyway), but this is what I've noticed when people say they're MS fans.

Eh, M$ is a huge company and, you can pretty easily be a fan of M$ consoles & exclusives w/o being a fan of M$ as a whole...isn't their gaming department/division one of their smaller & less profitable ones overall?

maximo310

« Reply #3999 on: October 18, 2014, 04:16:49 pm »

Agreed!

Eh, M$ is a huge company and, you can pretty easily be a fan of M$ consoles & exclusives w/o being a fan of M$ as a whole...isn't their gaming department/division one of their smaller & less profitable ones overall?
Yeah, its been losing quite a bit of money for awhile now, and shareholders have been badgering MS to spin off the Xbox division in order to save the whole company lots of money.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4000 on: October 18, 2014, 04:18:07 pm »

May 2, 2014

Uh...

What's your point, Foxy?

I didn't know about it + it seems like I'm not the only one AND, this *IS* the "open discussion" thread; does the date on the article really have anything to do w/ the discussion that we're having about it?  :o

argyle

« Reply #4001 on: October 18, 2014, 04:25:53 pm »

You know, I was talking to someone about that last night about the parity thing and being a huge ms fan he said "Well, they need to hold on to what games we have on the xbox consoles against these other consoles" and then said something about how Nintendo's games just suck now. I mentioned Bayonetta 2, and he went into a frenzy and was like " This game is way too sexualized" in a similiar way to the Polygon review. I then suggested to him that he should try the game out for himself to play and form his opinion, and he said " I won't purchase Bayonetta 2, because... it exists." WTF?! I guess I'll just have to leave him to stick with MS since he's such a loyal fan in the ideal sense that Microsoft has in mind.

Yeah, I swung by my closest GS last night to put a preorder down on Bayonetta. I am familiar with the guys that were working tho I don't know them as well as some others. They were nice but I heard them talking and just had to keep my mouth shut - HARDCORE MS fanboys apparently. One of them made some kind of comment (when he heard I was getting Bayonetta) like "I don't understand how IGN could give that game a 9." And then one of the other ones replies "Because it's a Wii game that's good that isn't Mario."  :-\

I just paid & left, hoping to get out before they tried to force ME to drink the kool-aid too.  ::)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

maximo310

« Reply #4002 on: October 18, 2014, 04:48:55 pm »

Yeah, I swung by my closest GS last night to put a preorder down on Bayonetta. I am familiar with the guys that were working tho I don't know them as well as some others. They were nice but I heard them talking and just had to keep my mouth shut - HARDCORE MS fanboys apparently. One of them made some kind of comment (when he heard I was getting Bayonetta) like "I don't understand how IGN could give that game a 9." And then one of the other ones replies "Because it's a Wii game that's good that isn't Mario."  :-\

I just paid & left, hoping to get out before they tried to force ME to drink the kool-aid too.  ::)
Yeah, I'm sorry to hear that. I wish many people would try other games outside their comfort zone and see how they actually like it from their opinion. Unforuntately, there are too many people today who are predominantly polarized towards their perfered console and aren't willing to try new stuff, as I've seen many friends who were introduced to gaming through the 360 stick to Microsoft and FPS's through their whole gaming career.  I've tried to bring up other games to some people over the years to people, and some were cool about it, but others laughed at me because " Haha you play that kiddy Nintendo console", and at this point I don't think there is too big of a chance to change peoples' opinions about stuff when they aren't willing to consider a different viewpoint on the subject,

thekosmickollector

« Reply #4003 on: October 18, 2014, 05:12:46 pm »
A little unrelated to what you guys're talking about, but I figure this isn't worth starting a topic about so yknow :P

Anyway, I've grown very interested in obscure 70's and 80's gaming with things like the MicroVision and the Vectrex and I'd really love to have some of it in my collection, but being a teenager with very little money these things aren't easy to go and buy. Does anyone know of anything similar that won't set me back much here in the UK? The games don't have to be great or anything since I'm more interested in the history of it all more than anything.

Thanks in advance :)

foxhack

« Reply #4004 on: October 18, 2014, 05:25:08 pm »
What's your point, Foxy?

I didn't know about it + it seems like I'm not the only one AND, this *IS* the "open discussion" thread; does the date on the article really have anything to do w/ the discussion that we're having about it?  :o

Well, I'm wondering. Is this still an issue? Has Microsoft changed their policy? That post was made half a year ago, and lots of things change (often for the worse...)

I keep away from console stuff so I have no idea.

A little unrelated to what you guys're talking about, but I figure this isn't worth starting a topic about so yknow :P

Anyway, I've grown very interested in obscure 70's and 80's gaming with things like the MicroVision and the Vectrex and I'd really love to have some of it in my collection, but being a teenager with very little money these things aren't easy to go and buy. Does anyone know of anything similar that won't set me back much here in the UK? The games don't have to be great or anything since I'm more interested in the history of it all more than anything.

Thanks in advance :)

The ZX Spectrum?