Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1651712 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #4020 on: October 19, 2014, 03:08:30 pm »
80s pack-in posters with NES and Sega Master System games. Have these both hanging on my man-cave wall. Just wanted to share these bits of retro-goodness where they'd be appreciated.

*Burningdoom casts "Retro-Ragnarok"*

*Disgaeniac is "Deja-vous-ed" and lost in "Remember When's..."

- for the next 3 turns  8) 
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #4021 on: October 19, 2014, 04:46:25 pm »
Tears to Tiara II has an instruction manual that is in English only, color and explains everything. That is how you make an instruction manual. I'm really excited to try this game when I get the chance.

foxhack

« Reply #4022 on: October 19, 2014, 06:28:20 pm »

kashell

« Reply #4023 on: October 19, 2014, 09:27:54 pm »
Can one of the mods (or whomever) add the PSN versions Mega Man X4 and Mega Man X5 to the database? Or is that not possible? ^^()

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4024 on: October 19, 2014, 09:34:11 pm »
Can one of the mods (or whomever) add the PSN versions Mega Man X4 and Mega Man X5 to the database? Or is that not possible? ^^()

It's user run, homie.  Do it yourself.  Click the "Add New Item" button and have at it. 

kashell

« Reply #4025 on: October 20, 2014, 08:03:17 am »

It's user run, homie.  Do it yourself.  Click the "Add New Item" button and have at it.

I'm so used to having servants do my bidding! How am I supposed to function on this site?

(I'll give it at try) XD

soera

« Reply #4026 on: October 20, 2014, 08:24:16 am »
80s pack-in posters with NES and Sega Master System games. Have these both hanging on my man-cave wall. Just wanted to share these bits of retro-goodness where they'd be appreciated.

Ahhh the days of gaming where games come with more than just a game and a code. I think its one of the reasons I enjoy buying some limited editions is that it feels like it should when you buy a game.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4027 on: October 20, 2014, 08:30:15 am »
Tears to Tiara II has an instruction manual that is in English only, color and explains everything. That is how you make an instruction manual. I'm really excited to try this game when I get the chance.

Other than the manual though, it's just like another RoAW game (all JP dialogue w/ Engrish subs); right Kashy?

kashell

« Reply #4028 on: October 20, 2014, 09:06:03 am »

Other than the manual though, it's just like another RoAW game (all JP dialogue w/ Engrish subs); right Kashy?

With the dialogue and subs? Yes. Regarding the game play, sort of? You can adjust the difficulty at any time, undo turns and it looks like there is only one ending.

argyle

« Reply #4029 on: October 20, 2014, 11:02:07 am »
Anyone got a ton of cash to spare for Dragon Quest plushies and toys?

http://gametz.com/General_Marketplace/fs-massive-dragon-quest-collection-toys-figures-plushies-rarities--521927.html

See, why you gotta go and do that? ??? That's like throwing a box of chocolate bars into a Weight Watchers meeting.

...I'm in negotiations for a couple of things now.  ;)

With the dialogue and subs? Yes. Regarding the game play, sort of? You can adjust the difficulty at any time, undo turns and it looks like there is only one ending.

I really like the sound of that. :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4030 on: October 20, 2014, 12:05:17 pm »

yeah, that's what I thought.

I just read a review of it (by someone who liked it) and, the only turn-off was mentioning a...

...wait for it -

150 minute

cut scene + text that has to be gone through in one shot, to get to the next save point  >:(

*Shudders; reminded of SO: TtEoT  :-\

argyle

« Reply #4031 on: October 20, 2014, 12:26:15 pm »
Holy crap! :o A 150 min cutscene makes both MGS4 and the Xenosaga games look succinct.  :-X
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4032 on: October 20, 2014, 12:38:04 pm »
Holy crap! :o A 150 min cutscene makes both MGS4 and the Xenosaga games look succinct.  :-X

Truth, in all sooth  :P

Btw - today's trivia question:

How far is your closest GS store from your house?

Just asking because, Carrie happened to reset the trip counter to 0 before we left and, from my house to my GS is 4.5 miles.

Then again, 2.5 miles of that is just getting from my house to the highway.

karyann

« Reply #4033 on: October 20, 2014, 12:40:29 pm »

yeah, that's what I thought.

I just read a review of it (by someone who liked it) and, the only turn-off was mentioning a...

...wait for it -

150 minute

cut scene + text that has to be gone through in one shot, to get to the next save point  >:(

*Shudders; reminded of SO: TtEoT  :-\

Damn, that's like an average movie  :o Is there a hint or something before the cutscene that warns about its length?

kashell

« Reply #4034 on: October 20, 2014, 12:45:13 pm »
Can you send a link to that review? My guess is that there might be a bit of embellishing, but one of the features of the game is that it styled itself after a visual novel. 150 minutes seems really -REALLY- extreme.