Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1651790 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #4065 on: October 23, 2014, 09:10:11 am »
Heh!

Like I told you in a PM, Kashypooh ;)

there's only 2 animes that I've ever watched from beginning to end -

Berserk, which I liked, and

Grave of the Fireflies, which I honestly thought was a little 'meh', a lot over-rated, and - kept my attention *just* enough to see it through to the end. 

Well...I was wrong & forgout about one more; I've also watched (from the beginning to the end), the 3 discs of the anime for the original Disgaea game.

Kinda' to make a point -but- also surprising the shit out of me - the other day, Carrie must have hunted through my garage, attic, closets, and drawers from dressers all over my house...to put all of my anime together in one place and, I couldn't believe how much of it there is!

I mean, I only ever got any animes from:

a). buying to support N1,

b). things I've found at different sales, for a buck or less, and

c). gifts I've been given.

Actually, there's also a few "d's", that I've allowed friends to give when I've won at playing cards...and they were too light on cash/Kash to pay me what they'd lost.

Anywho, she's gonna write me up a list of what's there and, later on...maybe I'll post it here - so that, those of you who know your anime can help me out with what's decent & what's garbage ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #4066 on: October 23, 2014, 09:36:59 am »
Nothing really.

You edited your post before I could reply, but I'm just going to leave this here and say it's not as bad as it seems sometimes. :) And remember, there's a ton of good that goes on every day, but that doesn't make for "compelling news" apparently.

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

davifus

« Reply #4067 on: October 23, 2014, 10:14:13 am »
Davifus -

Only reason for the "Fate" purchase was because I saw it online while ordering the Tears to Tiara anime + I remembered that a friend rec'd it to me a long time ago.

How's that Sword Art Online anime & what's it about?

Hang in there, Karyann!

SAO was probably the #1 hyped show during 2012. I was in fact on the hype train too. Now, take off the fanboy glasses and the show has problems. Pacing was probably the worst. The 1st arc (Arincrad) is enjoyable then you go to the atrocious 2nd part of the season (ALO) half which is notorious for bad pacing and  I understand because it was basically a 1 or 2 week frame.

I still has some fan boy in me so I still enjoy the show.

Aincrad arc 8/10 - better pacing could of made this a 10/10
ALO - 5/10 - pacing

I fairly enjoy GGO (3rd Arc), and soon the world end arc is starting. Sinon is best girl.

The intro & outro for SAO has alway been great.

I regret not buying the full SAO anime limited set when it came out but it was 300-400 for the whole set. Yeezus
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 10:22:23 am by davifus »
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

kashell

« Reply #4068 on: October 23, 2014, 11:20:09 am »
I guess I'm wondering why SAO got so much hype. I don't recall .hack or Fate getting people super excited and they sort of have the same premise.

argyle

« Reply #4069 on: October 23, 2014, 11:28:33 am »
I guess I'm wondering why SAO got so much hype. I don't recall .hack or Fate getting people super excited and they sort of have the same premise.

Talking about the games or anime? I can't speak to the anime, but I know there was a pretty big buzz around the .hack games back in the day, especially the first series. I think that hype is largely responsible for the games being so expensive now, because while they're fun they're not THAT good. ;)
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

davifus

« Reply #4070 on: October 23, 2014, 11:45:38 am »

SAO
>VRMMO
>Good Plot
>Great OST, Intro, and Outro.
>Great Climax
>Waifu Materials/Harem

Similar occurrence with 2013 #1 Hype Show Snk

>Good Plot (Interesting)
>Great OST, Intro (by far), Outro
>Great Climax
>Variety of Characters
>Waifu Materials

This could be all coincidence and all the hits shows were just lucky.

bobster

« Reply #4071 on: October 23, 2014, 11:48:53 am »
You know, it just occurred to me that theFlea hasn't been around lately. I miss his write ups on old systems. I hope he's doing ok!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4072 on: October 23, 2014, 12:01:48 pm »
Alrighty, then - here's the Anime List; just keep in mind that - other than the 3 animes that I mentioned in my previous post - I'm completely, 100% clueless & ignorant (I know *nothing*) about any of the following titles other than, well...erm - their names :P

High School of the Damned,

Gad Guard Persona
: Volume Three,

Bible Black; Book One / First Scripture, Bible Black: Revelations, and, Bible Black: Only,

Disgaea: Volume One, The Netherworld Prince, Disgaea; Volume Two; A Netherworld Story, and Disgaea; Volume Three: The Netherworld War,

The Grave of the Fireflies ,

Step Up Love Story; Volumes 1 and 2,

Shusaku,

DNA Hunter

FF VII: Advent Childen blu ray,

Berserk 6 DVD's,

Ghastly Prince Enma: Burning Up (N1 LE),

Demon King Daimao 2 blu ray discs,

Persona: Trinity Soul: Volume One (N1 LE),

Persona: Trinity Soul; Volume Two,

Card Captor Sakura (N1 premium & complete edition),

Archer Complete 4th season,

Samurai X; The Motion Picture, and

Tales of Vesperia blu ray.   
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #4073 on: October 23, 2014, 12:21:36 pm »
Alrighty, then - here's the Anime List; just keep in mind that - other than the 3 animes that I mentioned in my previous post - I'm completely, 100% clueless & ignorant (I know *nothing*) about any of the following titles other than, well...erm - their names :P

Gad Guard Persona

Bible Black; Book One / First Scripture, Bible Black: Revelations, and, Bible Black: Only,

Disgaea: Volume One, The Netherworld Prince, Disgaea; Volume Two; A Netherworld Story, and Disgaea; Volume Three: The Netherworld War,

Shusaku,

DNA Hunter

Berserk 6 DVD's,

Well Card Captor is horrible, you should just send that to me & let me dispose of it for you. :)

karyann

« Reply #4074 on: October 23, 2014, 12:25:26 pm »
Nothing really.

You edited your post before I could reply, but I'm just going to leave this here and say it's not as bad as it seems sometimes. :) And remember, there's a ton of good that goes on every day, but that doesn't make for "compelling news" apparently.

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/

Haha yeah, I know it's not only bad things, but I was kind of in shock. Everything happened relatively close and so suddenly... I edited ot because I just wrote my post on the spur of the moment. I felt like that was kind of a downer comment for nothing.

Thanks a lot though! And that link looks really like an awesome place, I have to take a proper look later :)

kashell

« Reply #4075 on: October 23, 2014, 12:39:47 pm »
>VRMMO
>Good Plot
>Great Climax
>Waifu Materials/Harem

VRMMO...I guess that's something sort of unique. ...I guess. ...maybe. XD
Good plot: That's debatable. The overall plot was tired, but the characters were likable.
Music: Subjective, I guess. I didn't care for any of the tunes. On the other hand, I liked the music in Get Backers whereas others did not.
Climax: Depends on the arc. XD
Ladies: I don't see it as a harem anime. Blade Dance or Tenchi Muyo fit that bill.

davifus

« Reply #4076 on: October 23, 2014, 12:49:22 pm »

Gad Guard Persona

Shusaku,

DNA Hunter

Berserk 6 DVD's,

Well Card Captor is horrible, you should just send that to me & let me dispose of it for you. :)

I had the same thought. I read the manga and it was sooooo bad. I'll take it off your hands  8).

The Graves of the Fireflies -  :'( 

abe

« Reply #4077 on: October 23, 2014, 01:05:08 pm »

Gad Guard Persona

Shusaku,

DNA Hunter

Berserk 6 DVD's,

Uh... are these all things you own? How does one end up with a copy of Bible Black without knowing what it is? It seems a bit too sketchy to accidentally get several copies of. :o
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4078 on: October 23, 2014, 01:12:34 pm »
I saw a Christmas commercial last night, no joke.

I know the retailers like the start the Christmas shopping season earlier and earlier each year. But this is ridiculous. We haven't even had Halloween yet!

davifus

« Reply #4079 on: October 23, 2014, 02:00:43 pm »
>VRMMO
>Good Plot
>Great Climax
>Waifu Materials/Harem

VRMMO...I guess that's something sort of unique. ...I guess. ...maybe. XD
Good plot: That's debatable. The overall plot was tired, but the characters were likable.
Music: Subjective, I guess. I didn't care for any of the tunes. On the other hand, I liked the music in Get Backers whereas others did not.
Climax: Depends on the arc. XD
Ladies: I don't see it as a harem anime. Blade Dance or Tenchi Muyo fit that bill.
Pseudo harem at best
This is for everything except ALO