Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1652922 times)

kashell

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #4680 on: November 22, 2014, 09:53:58 am »
For all of the folks who got Smash, I hope you're having a splendid time.

As I mentioned before, I decided to treat myself to the Tales of Symphonia Chronicles CE. And holy hell is this a top-notch CE. The extras are fantastic. I can't believe I waited so long to pick this up.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4681 on: November 22, 2014, 10:50:59 am »
As I mentioned before, I decided to treat myself to the Tales of Symphonia Chronicles CE. And holy hell is this a top-notch CE. The extras are fantastic. I can't believe I waited so long to pick this up.

Heh; yeah - I'm surprised that you weren't one of the 1st to pre-order it!  :o

With having had next to no personal experience & exposure to or knowledge of the Tales series --and-- when *even* kashell (a semi & fairweather fan of the series :P) is saying & writing that the music in the games is okay, but...nothing special - as a lover of gaming OST's, I've gotta say that the 4-disc OST that came w/ my ToS LE - was much better (and I liked it a lot more) than I was expecting to ;D

Also, kash - now that you've got yourself the LE - hopefully, you can fill me in on what that book that's part of the LE is about & what, if anything, it's connected to/expands upon...

I remember seeing on my "cube" LE that, somewhere - it was numbered; anyone remember how many of them were made?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

abe

« Reply #4682 on: November 22, 2014, 10:56:21 am »

Heh; yeah - I'm surprised that you weren't one of the 1st to pre-order it!  :o

With having had next to no personal experience & exposure to or knowledge of the Tales series --and-- when *even* kashell (a semi & fairweather fan of the series :P) is saying & writing that the music in the games is okay, but...nothing special - as a lover of gaming OST's, I've gotta say that the 4-disc OST that came w/ my ToS LE - was much better (and I liked it a lot more) than I was expecting to ;D

Also, kash - now that you've got yourself the LE - hopefully, you can fill me in on what that book that's part of the LE is about & what, if anything, it's connected to/expands upon...

I remember seeing on my "cube" LE that, somewhere - it was numbered; anyone remember how many of them were made?

There were 15,000 copies made of the LE.

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2013/10/14/tales-of-symphonia-chronicles-gets-adorable-limited-edition/
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4683 on: November 22, 2014, 01:28:12 pm »
Rant: So last week I helped my friend move, and he was like, oh ya i was a SNES. and I had an extra(he didnt know), so I told him, I would sell him my extra, he also saw I had an extra NES and wanted both. So we made a deal, and I told him, with his money, i plan on buying a ps4 with it... So he told me he will come next week(today) to pick them up and buy them... Sure enough I hit him up and he flaked on me....
So no black friday ps4 deal....... FUCK!
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4684 on: November 22, 2014, 04:27:45 pm »
D'oh!

I just got my 666th trophy :-\

trophy count on my psn profile's reading & showing "# of trophies = 666"

*BUT*

what's strange & not making any sense to me is that my PSNProfiles trophy card has/is showing my total as only 644 :o

AND, this is right after syncing them on my PS3 & updating my PSNProfiles trophy card ???

Anyone know why?

kashell

« Reply #4685 on: November 22, 2014, 05:17:21 pm »
I'll be reading the book throughout the weekend. I just finished setting up the figures and they look adorable on my desk. I might take a few to work.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4686 on: November 22, 2014, 05:48:39 pm »
I'll be reading the book throughout the weekend. I just finished setting up the figures and they look adorable on my desk. I might take a few to work.

A "real" Tales fan would be listening to that sweet, sweet, 4-disc OST in their car, whilst driving said 'figures' to one's job :P

kashell

« Reply #4687 on: November 22, 2014, 06:38:23 pm »

A "real" Tales fan would be listening to that sweet, sweet, 4-disc OST in their car, whilst driving said 'figures' to one's job :P

I am ashamed. I'll be shredding my membership card now.

I'm actually looking forward to driving to work so I can start listening to it. Only Tales can do that sort of thing for me.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #4688 on: November 22, 2014, 07:45:15 pm »
I really don't know why I waited until yesterday to start hooking up my laptop to my tv when playing games.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4689 on: November 23, 2014, 07:18:42 am »

I am ashamed. I'll be shredding my membership card now.

I'm actually looking forward to driving to work so I can start listening to it. Only Tales can do that sort of thing for me.

Same here - I'd say that about 1/2 of the cd's I listen to while driving are game OST's

kashell

« Reply #4690 on: November 23, 2014, 01:00:17 pm »
I either listen to game CDs or NPR. Otherwise, my radio is turned off.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4691 on: November 23, 2014, 01:31:07 pm »
YAY!

Spent around an hour doing it *but* I finally knocked-out one of the more annoying, pain-in-the-ass trophies for Tears to Tiara 2, this morning  ;D

It doesn't *sound* too bad or look all that bad on paper, (all it really comes down to is "Viewing all (10) of the special Team-Attacks".

The annoying & frustrating parts are that:

a).  by the time you've 'opened' up all of these attacks - you're already 35+ stages into the game,

b).  most all of them will involve & require the use of your least-used, lowest-leveled, and weakest characters,

c).  a lot of them have ridiculously inconvenient, awkward, non-practical, and just, plain old stupid requirements, positionings, and pre-requisites to trigger them, and lastly

d).  99% of the time - they're just not at all practical or worthwhile for using in a real battle situation; meaning that...very likely, the only time that you'll ever be seeing/using them, will be when you go out of your way to get the trophy.

In other news - just got home with my PS4 copy of Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments ;D

karyann

« Reply #4692 on: November 23, 2014, 03:18:24 pm »
Well, I finally got my amiibos! And with them, Minecraft for Vita. But it seems that there is no such thing as a Minecraft PS Vita cartridge... it's a box containing a download code  >:( I hate when they do that. I'm getting a return label and shipping the game box back to amazon. I'll buy the PS3 version instead, I'd rather have a physical box (especially since box PS3 and PS Vita versions comme with a download code for the other version...)

davifus

« Reply #4693 on: November 23, 2014, 04:00:41 pm »
Well, I finally got my amiibos! And with them, Minecraft for Vita. But it seems that there is no such thing as a Minecraft PS Vita cartridge... it's a box containing a download code  >:( I hate when they do that. I'm getting a return label and shipping the game box back to amazon. I'll buy the PS3 version instead, I'd rather have a physical box (especially since box PS3 and PS Vita versions comme with a download code for the other version...)

Lol, the box for the minecraft does it even have the cartridge mold in it?
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4694 on: November 23, 2014, 04:04:17 pm »

I haven't had that happen to me yet, but...you're damned skippy that I'd be mad as hell too, if & when someone ever went & pulled/sent some shit like that to me >:(

You said that you got it from Amazon, right karyann?

I'd really think that their ToS would require that kind of thing to be made clear by the seller in the item's description & condition...was it in there?

I'm only asking because, I've learned my own lesson (and paid the price for it) about 'skimming' them some times :-\

Now, however, you can bet your ass that I read them like a gold-digger reading their newest pre-nup ;)