Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1653046 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #4710 on: November 23, 2014, 08:47:53 pm »
I'm not the bragging type... but I'm damn proud of my signature right now. 8)
That sig is pretty awesome. Good job if you made those!
Thanks! ;D If anyone wants one like this done, I'd be happy to oblige.

exonerator!. Those are amazing!

Can I borrow (read: have) those so I don't have to steal it? 

« Reply #4711 on: November 23, 2014, 08:50:33 pm »

Be my guest! ;D Hell, I'd give you the PSDs if it wasn't a terrible mess of unlabelled overlays and layers.

karyann

« Reply #4712 on: November 23, 2014, 09:15:59 pm »
If the future is all-downloadable/always online games in the next generation (around 2020), I don't think I'll be playing very many new games. Having the physical copy I can play whenever is what makes it worth a damn, to me. I don't like this trend.

Amen to that! When this day comes, I'll have my huge backlog to keep me busy forever anyway.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #4713 on: November 23, 2014, 09:35:43 pm »
I know there are only a few football fans here, but I'm just in too much awe to not post this... Odell Beckham Jr. (a rookie) for the Giants just had probably the greatest catch I've seen in my 20+ years of watching football at an age I can remember... He did this against the Cowboys (my team) and I was more amazed than angered lol.

full video here for anyone who didn't see it who might want to http://deadspin.com/odell-beckham-jr-makes-circus-catch-of-the-year-for-a-1662456576

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4714 on: November 23, 2014, 10:04:32 pm »
That is unreal!  Awesome catch.

« Reply #4715 on: November 23, 2014, 10:14:05 pm »
That's very impressive, and this is coming from a dirty canuck who doesn't watch a lick of football.

Bwigdahl

« Reply #4716 on: November 23, 2014, 10:35:40 pm »
That's very impressive, and this is coming from a dirty canuck who doesn't watch a lick of football.

I just saw a video of a Vancouver Canucks game where the entire crowd of Canadian fans sang pretty much the entirety of the US national anthem after the lady who was singing's mic cut out... I was impressed but also slightly ashamed because I know I wouldn't be able to do the same for the Canadian one. I could hum it though! You Canucks are ok in my book.

argyle

« Reply #4717 on: November 23, 2014, 10:51:42 pm »

Be my guest! ;D Hell, I'd give you the PSDs if it wasn't a terrible mess of unlabelled overlays and layers.

Where did you find the fonts? I might try my hand at some of those, that's a very cool idea. :)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #4718 on: November 23, 2014, 10:56:22 pm »
Where did you find the fonts? I might try my hand at some of those, that's a very cool idea. :)

I didn't use any fonts for the Castlevania one, and I barely used a font for the Contra one. Contra's logo, for the most part, is the same as the Terminator font, so I just tweaked it a bit. The Castlevania one is all pixel manipulation.

davifus

« Reply #4719 on: November 23, 2014, 11:04:21 pm »
That Catch was unreal

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #4720 on: November 23, 2014, 11:17:54 pm »
If the future is all-downloadable/always online games in the next generation (around 2020), I don't think I'll be playing very many new games. Having the physical copy I can play whenever is what makes it worth a damn, to me. I don't like this trend.

If things ever go 100% digital I'm out of new gaming. I'm even on the fence about a lot of newer games since many of them have severe DLC abuse and they are patched so heavily that once the server go down, many games will likely be so broken without the patches that they'll be unplayable/borderline unplayable. I am a firm believer in ownership and let's face it, there is none with digital content and games.

« Reply #4721 on: November 23, 2014, 11:36:45 pm »

If things ever go 100% digital I'm out of new gaming. I'm even on the fence about a lot of newer games since many of them have severe DLC abuse and they are patched so heavily that once the server go down, many games will likely be so broken without the patches that they'll be unplayable/borderline unplayable. I am a firm believer in ownership and let's face it, there is none with digital content and games.

Titanfall is going to be as useful as an AOL disc in 7 years. The fact that the game is always-online, even for single player... yikes. I don't like the future. Not to mention that Day Zero patches are just a shameful display of ineptitude. So yeah, just fuck the whole thing entirely. If there isn't a reasonable reform with how console games are distributed by the next generation, or if it gets worse, I'll just lose faith. What good is collecting something you can't even hold?

maximo310

« Reply #4722 on: November 23, 2014, 11:49:58 pm »

Titanfall is going to be as useful as an AOL disc in 7 years. The fact that the game is always-online, even for single player... yikes. I don't like the future. Not to mention that Day Zero patches are just a shameful display of ineptitude. So yeah, just fuck the whole thing entirely. If there isn't a reasonable reform with how console games are distributed by the next generation, or if it gets worse, I'll just lose faith. What good is collecting something you can't even hold?
Yeah, alot of these practices are really getting out of hand, just look at AC: Unity's problem across all platforms, and Halo Master Chief Collection multiplayer issues, and 15gb day one update. The main problem that I see is that many of these companies who create patches for their games won't really support them or keep them up once the console the game is on is dead. So we will have the problem of losing the online option, both for multiplayer and making certain games playable in some cases. We're probably going to see these problems jump in a larger scope once the PS3 and Xbox 360 get discontinued in 2015-2016, but no one has seemed to really address this issue in the game industry and its pretty concerning how many of these games will become worthless because of the huge digital aspects forced onto games in order to play them, or that the game is not as fun because of the lack of patches needed to fix the game's problems.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4723 on: November 24, 2014, 01:29:51 am »
I hate the idea of digital download only, like others, I want the CD, because once you run out of space, you gotta delete stuff. And I agree with all the post release day one patching... its like wtf, this thing should be tested already. If I am gonna drop that kind of money on a new game, I dont wanna be the beta tester.....

If I am gonna be a tester, I wanna get paid haha

Oh and Packers won :D
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 02:09:23 am by fighterpilot562 »
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #4724 on: November 24, 2014, 08:20:06 am »
I'm going to echo the sentiments on here. If gaming goes digital only, then I'm done with it. The downside is that there won't be any new games for me. But, the upside is that there are so many games out there that I want to try from back in the day that I should be good for a looooooong time.