Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1653919 times)

argyle

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #4950 on: December 05, 2014, 09:42:27 am »
Great to see all of this praise for it. I'm excited to see what happens next. I really like how Jowy and the hero have a better dynamic than the previous hero and freakin' Gremio. I couldn't stand Gremio. @_@

Suikoden on the DS was average at best. I wasn't a fan, but I think YMMV.
That's my understanding about the DS game as well. I feel as a Suikoden fan, I should probably try it out at least lol.

I want it just because it's the only one released in the US that I'm missing. :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

kashell

« Reply #4951 on: December 05, 2014, 10:25:46 am »
I had a hard time finding my copy of it. @_@ Hopefully everyone else has better luck if they wish to add it to their collection.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4952 on: December 05, 2014, 12:17:40 pm »
Happy Sinterklaas everyone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinterklaas

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4953 on: December 05, 2014, 12:50:54 pm »
I just learned you can turn into a bird in gta 5 on ps4/xbone..... guess what ill be doing today lol
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #4954 on: December 05, 2014, 01:58:14 pm »
If anyone here is getting Guilty Gear Xrd for the PS3, you simply must add me to your friend list so we can play together! It'll be out in a couple of weeks and I'm hella excited about it.

tpugmire

« Reply #4955 on: December 05, 2014, 04:44:10 pm »
Happy Sinterklaas everyone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinterklaas

Interesting, I had no idea. Happy Sinterklaas to you as well.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

abe

« Reply #4956 on: December 05, 2014, 05:43:54 pm »
If anyone here is getting Guilty Gear Xrd for the PS3, you simply must add me to your friend list so we can play together! It'll be out in a couple of weeks and I'm hella excited about it.

I plan on getting it for the PS4, can PS3 and PS4 players play together? Also, not sure if this applies to you, but the limited editions have been delayed. :'( It'll take at least another week according to Aksys, because of people being on strike or something foolish.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4957 on: December 05, 2014, 11:30:05 pm »
So, I just saw that a new King's Quest has been announced. Excuse me while I go pick up the pieces. My head just exploded.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4958 on: December 06, 2014, 12:45:56 am »
Comic ad in the back of Wolverine #17.

Look how different Bowser (then better known as King Koopa) looked back then.

And look at how cheap a new game system (with a game and accessories) was back then!

And look at this ad for Tengen. Crazy they got a mainstream Marvel Comics ad like this, being an illegitimate NES game producer and all.:

« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 12:48:46 am by burningdoom »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4959 on: December 06, 2014, 01:19:35 am »
Wouldn't you be pissed if you paid $35 for Anticipation?  How about the screenshots of Zelda II and Simon's Quest on the left?

soera

« Reply #4960 on: December 06, 2014, 02:08:35 am »
SMB says SMB II also heh.

argyle

« Reply #4961 on: December 06, 2014, 07:14:43 am »
I had a hard time finding my copy of it. @_@ Hopefully everyone else has better luck if they wish to add it to their collection.

Saw it at my local mom & pop store last night, but they want $40 for it - seems a bit steep to me.  :-\
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4962 on: December 06, 2014, 07:20:27 am »

Saw it at my local mom & pop store last night, but they want $40 for it - seems a bit steep to me.  :-\

I think he was taking about Suiko 2, Argy...which, no one *ever* has a copy of 'fall into their lap' ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #4963 on: December 06, 2014, 11:06:00 am »
Nope, Suikoden for the DS. While not nearly as rare as Suikoden II, I had a hell of a time finding it. 40 dollars is a bit much.

I'm getting the regular version of GG Xrd. The bonuses aren't that great from what I can tell. Instead of a soundtrack, it's something called a vocal track? So, hopefully my copy doesn't get delayed. That's really annoying, though. I'm not sure if it's a union thing or a trucker thing, but going on strike now when presents are supposed to be delivered is beyond selfish.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4964 on: December 06, 2014, 11:32:30 am »
Wouldn't you be pissed if you paid $35 for Anticipation?  How about the screenshots of Zelda II and Simon's Quest on the left?

I have never played Anticipation.

And good eye. I never caught the Zelda/Castlevania mix-up.