Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1654001 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #4995 on: December 08, 2014, 04:13:54 pm »
I wish I had better news, but I haven't heard from him lately. I've barely been on GameFAQs.com myself unless it's for something Suikoden II related.

;D

Now theres a clear case of the hard-to-get, calling the hard-to-get, hard-to-get; for playing hard-to-get 8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #4996 on: December 08, 2014, 04:28:51 pm »
I used to have the Tales of Legendia & Abyss guides, but I sold them a while back. :(
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #4997 on: December 08, 2014, 05:31:24 pm »
I used to have the Tales of Legendia & Abyss guides, but I sold them a while back. :(

who's the new avvie, Greg?

argyle

« Reply #4998 on: December 08, 2014, 05:43:27 pm »

who's the new avvie, Greg?

Kiki from Kiki's Delivery Service - my favorite Studio Ghibli movie. :) My wife found it for me.
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

karyann

« Reply #4999 on: December 08, 2014, 08:56:53 pm »
I don't know how many here have played and / or enjoyed Fat Princess on PS3, but I'm so excited for Fat Princess Adventures!  :D With Persona 4, Kingdom Hearts 3 and this, I definitely need a PS4 by Christmas 2015.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJkC4BTAH3s

(there, guys... I posted #4999, go ahead and grab #5000 :P )

abe

« Reply #5000 on: December 08, 2014, 09:03:39 pm »

Don't mind if I do...  ;)

I haven't played Fat Princess yet so I don't know what to expect from the new one, but I'm definetly excited for Persona 5. It seems that there are finally enough reasons (games) to really justify getting a PS4.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 09:06:37 pm by abe »
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

kashell

« Reply #5001 on: December 08, 2014, 09:04:37 pm »
Playing hard to get is fun!

But when you're being played...it's not so fun. XD In other news, my Mana collection is complete! Secret of Mana arrived today. For the first time, I got to read through the instruction manual and see the gorgeous map that was included. They just don't make games like they used to anymore.

abe

« Reply #5002 on: December 08, 2014, 09:11:50 pm »
Playing hard to get is fun!

But when you're being played...it's not so fun. XD In other news, my Mana collection is complete! Secret of Mana arrived today. For the first time, I got to read through the instruction manual and see the gorgeous map that was included. They just don't make games like they used to anymore.

I miss the days when I'd read through a game's manual before I started playing it. Now we're lucky if a game comes with a manual at all, or even less often one that's actually worth reading through. It's all about cutting costs to make more money now. :'(
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

kashell

« Reply #5003 on: December 09, 2014, 07:58:36 am »
If a game comes with a manual, I always read through it first before starting the game. However, manuals these days lack the pizazz that ones from Square's golden age had. They were a bit a hokey, but they were colorful, detailed and informative. *sigh* I miss the days of Squaresoft.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5004 on: December 09, 2014, 07:58:54 am »

Don't mind if I do...  ;)

I haven't played Fat Princess yet so I don't know what to expect from the new one, but I'm definetly excited for Persona 5. It seems that there are finally enough reasons (games) to really justify getting a PS4.

Niiiii-iiiice ABE!

No one else in this wide world will ever be able to do what you've done...in making the 5,000th post in the VGCA thread :P

On the topic of this thread - does anyone remember being the one who stickied it...or have a way of finding out who it was?
I just want to thank them because, afaik & iirc; this is the 1st (and only) thread of mine to ever be stickied...anywhere ;D

As a big, long-time, & happily willing supporter of both Sony (I'm doing my gaming on Bravias, which I'm not only satisfied with but, they've (knock on wood) been 100% problem & maintenance free for well over 5+ years now) & a fan & supporter of their PlayStation line (excepting, of course, their ill-advised & little-considered...'thing' (aka the PSPGO(nowhere)) -

In all honesty - aside from the perspective of wanting to support Sony & help in growing the PS4's install base #'s - in retrospect, there was really no need at all for me (and IMO, anyone) to get the PS4 at launch.  It was mostly due to memories of the nighmare of finding a PS3 anywhere close to its launch time, resellers trying (and probably succeeding!) at flipping 'em online for ~ $2,000 (around 4x what the one I'd pre-ordered cost), and the unbelievable stories of people who were actually  standing out in the winter weather for 1-2 *entire* days...to *try* to *maybe* get one, and - in some parts of the state - there were even those who went through (and subjected their own families, friends, and children to) all of that, only to be robbed/jacked at gun/knife point; and go home w/o anything but wounded pride, crying children, a feeling of stupidity & days of wasted time, and (I would *really* hope)...a lesson learned + a drastic re-evaluation of priorities and what is and isn't Sane, when it comes to wanting, getting, and "needing" a video game console...right now! :-\

karyann

« Reply #5005 on: December 09, 2014, 08:18:38 am »
In all honesty - aside from the perspective of wanting to support Sony & help in growing the PS4's install base #'s - in retrospect, there was really no need at all for me (and IMO, anyone) to get the PS4 at launch.  It was mostly due to memories of the nighmare of finding a PS3 anywhere close to its launch time, resellers trying (and probably succeeding!) at flipping 'em online for ~ $2,000 (around 4x what the one I'd pre-ordered cost), and the unbelievable stories of people who were actually  standing out in the winter weather for 1-2 *entire* days...to *try* to *maybe* get one, and - in some parts of the state - there were even those who went through (and subjected their own families, friends, and children to) all of that, only to be robbed/jacked at gun/knife point; and go home w/o anything but wounded pride, crying children, a feeling of stupidity & days of wasted time, and (I would *really* hope)...a lesson learned + a drastic re-evaluation of priorities and what is and isn't Sane, when it comes to wanting, getting, and "needing" a video game console...right now! :-\

Well this is a valuable life lesson that you learned too, it seems! :P There rarely is a good reason to buy a console at launch though, apart from the fact that it helps the manufacturer live, know that the system is wanted, and repair any problem with the system that the QA missed. The Nintendo 64 is one of the exceptions, with Mario 64 as a launch title. There are probably one or two others, but off the top of my head I don't remember.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5006 on: December 09, 2014, 08:26:19 am »

Well this is a valuable life lesson that you learned too, it seems! :P There rarely is a good reason to buy a console at launch though, apart from the fact that it helps the manufacturer live, know that the system is wanted, and repair any problem with the system that the QA missed. The Nintendo 64 is one of the exceptions, with Mario 64 as a launch title. There are probably one or two others, but off the top of my head I don't remember.

I pre-ordered mine ;)

argyle

« Reply #5007 on: December 09, 2014, 09:12:43 am »

I pre-ordered mine ;)

Eh, I disagree. I bought my PS4 at launch, picked it up at midnight, and haven't regretted it for a second. I can understand where you're coming from Kenny, don't get me wrong - it definitely took a bit for any JRPGs to start hitting (and there's still only one right now IIRC) but since I play a bit of everything, except sports, I've never had a lack of something to play on it. Heck, it has become my go-to console. Warframe, a free-to-play *launch* title, has taken up probably around 350 hours of my time so far and I'm still playing it nearly every day. I have a respectable library of 21 games for it now, all of which I enjoy.

I had people telling me before the system came out that there was no need to buy it anywhere close to launch. But this always came off as a bit patronising, even tho I know people don't MEAN it that way. Basically, you know what's best for you - if the launch/early titles do nothing for you then of course you shouldn't get one near launch. But just because they don't appeal to you doesn't mean they don't appeal to me. ;)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5008 on: December 09, 2014, 10:04:39 am »
Very true, Greg

This is all from my perspective of wanting & playing strictly RPG's

to each their own on what = enough wanted games to justify buying at launch

kashell

« Reply #5009 on: December 09, 2014, 10:25:40 am »
Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

There's a Tales of Vesperia strategy guide, too. ^^ I forgot about that one since it's regarded as being pretty crappy.