Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1654350 times)

abe

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #5025 on: December 09, 2014, 08:58:20 pm »
It looks like a webcam image to me, and those usually have a "mirrored" setting in them for some reason.

Guess he just didn't notice. Or care.

Oh, good point - might be webcam, which might explain why he's sitting so low.  Haha, still surprises me what people will think will be "enough" for an eBay listing...

It's still better than no picture at all, right? :-\ Some people on eBay can't even be bothered to put a picture of the actual item for sale.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

foxhack

« Reply #5026 on: December 09, 2014, 08:59:50 pm »
It's still better than no picture at all, right? :-\ Some people on eBay can't even be bothered to put a picture of the actual item for sale.

Which is funny because you're supposed to use a pic of the actual item since a while back.

desocietas

« Reply #5027 on: December 09, 2014, 09:36:22 pm »

Which is funny because you're supposed to use a pic of the actual item since a while back.

Yeah, I'm surprised by how often I see stock photography used.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5028 on: December 10, 2014, 12:58:14 am »

Nah. Ebay provides you with a stock photo a lot of the time. I usually replace it with my own.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5029 on: December 10, 2014, 08:11:36 am »
Now free to PS+ members:

Deadly Premonition!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

argyle

« Reply #5030 on: December 10, 2014, 08:29:01 am »

Nah. Ebay provides you with a stock photo a lot of the time. I usually replace it with my own.

Yeah, for some reason games & movies I believe are the 2 categories they still allow stock images. But I won't buy from anyone who uses them, feels like they're trying to hide something to me.

And here I am, taking images w/ our expensive camera & making sure the lighting, focus, etc. are all just right when I list stuff on ebay. :P
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

kashell

« Reply #5031 on: December 10, 2014, 08:56:52 am »
I have to say Suikoden II keeps continuing to surprise me. I really like seeing faces from the first game making a return and the new characters have their own unique quirks. I'm anxious to see more interactions with all of them. I'm glad I'm using a guide though. If I wasn't, I would have missed out on some things already. @_@

bobster

« Reply #5032 on: December 10, 2014, 08:58:35 am »
I have to say Suikoden II keeps continuing to surprise me. I really like seeing faces from the first game making a return and the new characters have their own unique quirks. I'm anxious to see more interactions with all of them. I'm glad I'm using a guide though. If I wasn't, I would have missed out on some things already. @_@
I'm really glad to see you're enjoying it. I sometimes wonder if my love for that game is nostalgia based or if it really is as great as I think. Seeing someone with a completely clean slate enjoying it is always awesome  :).
Currently Playing: The Witcher

kashell

« Reply #5033 on: December 10, 2014, 09:38:43 am »
Yeah, I was worried about it being one of those "hyped" RPGs but it's turning out to be a great experience. That said, there are some things that I like more from the first Suikoden. The thing that immediately comes to mind is the castle hideout. The first game had a relatively simple yet functional blueprint. In Suikoden II, I keep getting lost. @_@ The same can be said for some of the towns. Bigger isn't always better. There are other minor nitpicks, too. But, all in all, a great experience so far. I love going to RPGs from the "golden era", especially if they're ones I never got around to playing before.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5034 on: December 10, 2014, 10:14:03 am »
Yeah, I was worried about it being one of those "hyped" RPGs but it's turning out to be a great experience. That said, there are some things that I like more from the first Suikoden. The thing that immediately comes to mind is the castle hideout. The first game had a relatively simple yet functional blueprint. In Suikoden II, I keep getting lost. @_@ The same can be said for some of the towns. Bigger isn't always better. There are other minor nitpicks, too. But, all in all, a great experience so far. I love going to RPGs from the "golden era", especially if they're ones I never got around to playing before.

IMO, FF VII was one of *those* games :-\

kashell

« Reply #5035 on: December 10, 2014, 10:30:25 am »

You mean it was too hyped for you?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5036 on: December 10, 2014, 10:40:02 am »

No.

Not so much too hyped but, more a case of my disappointment when playing it, for not living up to the epic & incomparable  greatness; as advertised.

That said, I didn't play it until last generation and - had I played it when it was released - I'm sure that I'd have thought more of it & seen it in another/better light.

I didn't hate (or even dislike) the game...just, IMO, it was a pretty meh (7/10) game.

thekosmickollector

« Reply #5037 on: December 10, 2014, 11:30:42 am »
In case anyone cares, I uploaded my first video to my channel today!
It's more of an intro than anything but hey, you all get to find out what I really look like! :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBZsHJpxkBc

kashell

« Reply #5038 on: December 10, 2014, 12:01:00 pm »

No.

Not so much too hyped but, more a case of my disappointment when playing it, for not living up to the epic & incomparable  greatness; as advertised.

That said, I didn't play it until last generation and - had I played it when it was released - I'm sure that I'd have thought more of it & seen it in another/better light.

I didn't hate (or even dislike) the game...just, IMO, it was a pretty meh (7/10) game.

I can totally understand that. The same thing happened to me the first time I played Chrono Cross. The sad thing is, this was on its release day back in (I think) 2000. I thought to myself, "This...is it? Meh..."

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5039 on: December 10, 2014, 12:06:52 pm »
My buddy showed me the secret mine tunnel in gta 5 in ps4. (had no clue about it) it was pretty cool, be a awesome place to hide out during bountys.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730