Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1542691 times)

bobster

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #5580 on: January 13, 2015, 03:51:34 pm »
My work is usually in front of a computer so I don't have much opportunity to be active unless I'm walking to lunch and taking the stairs back up to the 10th floor. It's something...I guess. XD
I walk to fill up my mug with water. That's about it lol.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5581 on: January 13, 2015, 03:52:30 pm »
Exercise gives me a bad reaction, so I don't do it. I get all hot and sweaty. My muscles ache. And I start breathing heavily. It's just not healthy for me. ;)

Bwigdahl

« Reply #5582 on: January 13, 2015, 04:30:16 pm »
as usual Seinfeld sums it up quite well

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5583 on: January 13, 2015, 04:55:03 pm »
A head's up for eBay buyers:

Don't buy from the seller "gogamerscom". They sent me two disc ones of Tales of Symphonia, rather than both discs. They took many days to reply after I wrote them about it, and only replied after I gave up waiting and started a report process. Then they made me pay for the return shipping as well as required that I had to pay for tracking, too. They told me if they had it in stock, they would send me a replacement.

Well today I get a notice saying that they're going to refund me. So I start looking again for another copy of ToS, and one of the first listings I see is from the same seller!!! Are you freaking kidding me?! I wrote them again, asking them about it, with a link, and asking why I didn't get that copy. And why in the hell should I have to pay the shipping for their mistake?!

Crappy as hell customer service.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 04:56:53 pm by burningdoom »

« Reply #5584 on: January 14, 2015, 12:57:32 am »
Please tell me I'm not alone is saying that I sometimes spend over an hour just marveling at my collection?

I love picking this off my shelf, just to examine a game, and continue to do this over and over again while taking in the collection as a whole at the same time. Perhaps it's just taking pride in my games and collection, but my god I'm in love with it :)

davifus

« Reply #5585 on: January 14, 2015, 01:41:18 am »
Please tell me I'm not alone is saying that I sometimes spend over an hour just marveling at my collection?

I love picking this off my shelf, just to examine a game, and continue to do this over and over again while taking in the collection as a whole at the same time. Perhaps it's just taking pride in my games and collection, but my god I'm in love with it :)

I wouldn't say over an hour but I gaze over my collection frequently.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5586 on: January 14, 2015, 02:17:43 am »
I gaze at my collection from time to time...  There were even some instances when I found out that a few of them haven't been listed yet.

Also...  Thanks for the heads-up, burningdoom!

Please check out the games I have for sale.

Warmsignal

« Reply #5587 on: January 14, 2015, 02:52:56 am »

I sometimes spend over an hour marveling at your collection.  :P

I gaze at my collection from time to time...

If you gaze for too long into your collection you will find that your collection gazes also into you.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 02:58:00 am by Warmsignal »

kashell

« Reply #5588 on: January 14, 2015, 08:01:06 am »
I might spend a couple of minutes admiring, but I'd much rather be playing.

abe

« Reply #5589 on: January 14, 2015, 08:04:27 am »

I wouldn't say over an hour, but I do spend a fair amount of time staring at my games. I spend more time looking at them after I've just bought something too.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

« Reply #5590 on: January 14, 2015, 08:07:51 am »
I need an opinion.

First of all, I hate working out. Absolutely hate it. But, I know it's important so I tend to spend 45 minutes or so a few days out of the week attempting to "better" myself even though I would much rather be gaming. The last gym I joined was insanely expensive: 90 dollars a month for two people. So, we cancelled our memberships. Now, I'm struggling to find a facility that's close to either where I live or where I work. So far, I only have a few options and I'm not very pleased with them. Any insight on this FWP (first-world problem) would be appreciated.

Anytime Fitness is the cheapest. It's 30 dollars a month and open 24/7. The problem is that I am never able to get a hold of the staff so I can't even sign up. This worries me because if I want to cancel, I can already tell it will be a huge hassle.

There's a Cross Fit facility right across from my house. However, it's Cross Fit and I have been pretty adamant about not drinking that Kool-Aid. Also, it's probably 100 dollars a month.

There's a personalized facility called Koko, but it's also crazy expensive. The upside is that it's always a one-on-one session and never crowded.

Opinions on these? Am I better off buying my own equipment? I wouldn't even join a place until February since this is the worst month to go anywhere having to do with a NY resolution. This is really frustrating. I would much rather be bettering my Venom game in Guilty Gear than myself, after all. XD

I go to the ymca. Its 50 a month for my entire family. Daughter gets free swim. Lessons and football.  I go 4 days a week for 2 hours and lift.

kashell

« Reply #5591 on: January 14, 2015, 08:31:55 am »
That's actually where we used to belong, but we didn't get the 50 dollar a month deal. For two people, it was 90 a month. Totally not worth it. I'm meeting with Anytime Fitness today after work. A lovely representative finally got in touch with me and we had a pleasant conversation. So, we'll see how this goes.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5592 on: January 14, 2015, 10:26:38 am »
A fella falls off the face of the world for a minute and there's so much I can add to the last few pages.   
Big post coming with lots of quotes!

I need an opinion.

First of all, I hate working out. Absolutely hate it. But, I know it's important so I tend to spend 45 minutes or so a few days out of the week attempting to "better" myself even though I would much rather be gaming. The last gym I joined was insanely expensive: 90 dollars a month for two people. So, we cancelled our memberships. Now, I'm struggling to find a facility that's close to either where I live or where I work. So far, I only have a few options and I'm not very pleased with them. Any insight on this FWP (first-world problem) would be appreciated.

Anytime Fitness is the cheapest. It's 30 dollars a month and open 24/7. The problem is that I am never able to get a hold of the staff so I can't even sign up. This worries me because if I want to cancel, I can already tell it will be a huge hassle.

There's a Cross Fit facility right across from my house. However, it's Cross Fit and I have been pretty adamant about not drinking that Kool-Aid. Also, it's probably 100 dollars a month.

There's a personalized facility called Koko, but it's also crazy expensive. The upside is that it's always a one-on-one session and never crowded.

Opinions on these? Am I better off buying my own equipment? I wouldn't even join a place until February since this is the worst month to go anywhere having to do with a NY resolution. This is really frustrating. I would much rather be bettering my Venom game in Guilty Gear than myself, after all. XD

Have you looked into Martial Arts?  I know I got in killer shape learning Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.  I also have a ton of friends that train MMA.  It's a lot of fun, but I don't like to get punched in the face.  I just stick to BJJ. 
You'll meet cool people.  Most of the ones I know aren't the stereotypical meathead type.  Most are normal guys with 9-5 jobs.  If you want to do something that will get you in shape and doesn't have that rigid gym feel, check out a Jiu Jitsu gym.  It's a blast.  Plus, you can learn to choke a man from tons of different angles and wreck his limbs! 

I dont understand the need for gyms. As long as you eat right and stay active, shouldnt be an issue.

The only reason you would need a gym is if you are going to try to change your body and get a trainer.

There's a whole thing about going to the gym.  If you drive there, you'll put in some work.  If you're going to run around the block, you can put that off real easy.  Plus, there's the whole social/accountable thing at a gym.  You'll make friends and gym buddies.  They'll keep you going.

I'm not going to say I do it for hours, but I do sit in my gameroom and just look around sometimes.  Sometime I marvel at the greatness.  Other times I wonder about the madness. 
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 10:29:38 am by turf »

kashell

« Reply #5593 on: January 14, 2015, 11:15:59 am »
Hmm, you know I never considered that. Should I just do an area search for "martial arts" gyms? It sounds like fun.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5594 on: January 14, 2015, 11:56:22 am »
Hmm, you know I never considered that. Should I just do an area search for "martial arts" gyms? It sounds like fun.
I'd google something more specific than "Martial Arts".  You'll get a ton of "karate" places for kids.  You need to be a little more specific.

I would suggest Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.  It's the martial art I got the most out of.  It has very minimal punching and kicking.  So, you can go all out in sparring and no one gets hurt.

Give Jiu Jitsu a shot.  It's so fun.  If you want to do Mixed Martial Arts, you mix wrestling, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, kick boxing, boxing, and just about any other way to fight in pot and fight.  It's fun.  Give it a shot.  Maybe you'll find something you like.

Where are you at?  I may know someone.  The family tree's branches stretch wide.   ;)