Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1543128 times)

davifus

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #5730 on: January 27, 2015, 11:02:18 am »
Waiting for snowpocalypse to hit Atlanta again. #neverforget
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

kashell

« Reply #5731 on: January 27, 2015, 11:13:40 am »
It's about 40 degrees in Nashville and no snow. So...yay?

Yep, I keep hoping we get one of those rare "OMG it's snowing in the South! Grab all the milk & bread you can carry then stay home until the crisis is over!" 1" "snowstorms", but it's not looking likely this year. :(

After snowmageddon (sp) in Atlanta last year, I was hoping for the same thing so I could have a few days off to game. Oh well, there's always next year.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5732 on: January 27, 2015, 11:56:33 am »
Got around 5" here in Central Jersey so far. I hear it's a lot worse by the coast.

this part of our coast only got 3 - 5"  ;D

instead of the 18 - 24" that was being predicted 8)

Bah!

Hardly worth starting up my snow blower!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5733 on: January 27, 2015, 12:24:48 pm »
Got around 5" here in Central Jersey so far. I hear it's a lot worse by the coast.

Bah!

Was just reading group text from my work and that's what it said. I'd still get the snow blower out, but then again the driveway's long enough to warrant it.

argyle

« Reply #5734 on: January 27, 2015, 12:49:11 pm »

Bah!

3-5"???  :o How are you still alive & posting man! That's defcon-1 level snowfall! Run for your life!!!!
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5735 on: January 27, 2015, 01:05:38 pm »
Waiting for snowpocalypse to hit Atlanta again. #neverforget

kashell

« Reply #5736 on: January 27, 2015, 02:04:44 pm »
God...to think that I was there during that time. I was lucky enough to make it home without too much trouble...but still. Man that was a nightmare.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5737 on: January 27, 2015, 03:17:35 pm »
God...to think that I was there during that time. I was lucky enough to make it home without too much trouble...but still. Man that was a nightmare.

kash - what game is that - all of the way to your left in your pic/sig (your most recent addition)?  I can't quite make it out.

Also, what happened that you "made it through"?

I'm either forgetting and/or ignorant of what you're referring to...

soera

« Reply #5738 on: January 27, 2015, 03:17:55 pm »
Did anyone else see 3-5'' and snow blower and get to one of those Beavis and Butthead moments?  :P 8) :o ;D ;) ::)

kashell

« Reply #5739 on: January 27, 2015, 03:24:12 pm »

kash - what game is that - all of the way to your left in your pic/sig (your most recent addition)?  I can't quite make it out.

Also, what happened that you "made it through"?

I'm either forgetting and/or ignorant of what you're referring to...

That would be Mad Maestro for the PlayStation 2. I used to own it years ago, and now I'm happy to have a (complete) copy of it once again.

I was talking about the snowstorm last year that massacred Atlanta. Most people had to abandon their cars or stay in their workplace over night. I was able to make it home. The following week, we got hit by another snowstorm but the city was better prepared for it. Of course, that didn't stop me from picking up Atelier Escha and Logy on day one. ^~

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5740 on: January 27, 2015, 03:26:53 pm »
Did anyone else see 3-5'' and snow blower and get to one of those Beavis and Butthead moments?  :P 8) :o ;D ;) ::)

Did anyone else read this post and think that the "3 - 5" part must have struck a nerve & hit just a wee, teensy-weensie, shriveled little short, short, bit too close to home for soera :o

kashell

« Reply #5741 on: January 27, 2015, 03:43:45 pm »

Did anyone else read this post and think that the "3 - 5" part must have struck a nerve & hit just a wee, teensy-weensie, shriveled little short, short, bit too close to home for soera :o

Guilty. But, I'm also a size queen.

soera

« Reply #5742 on: January 27, 2015, 03:54:09 pm »
 :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

tpugmire

« Reply #5743 on: January 27, 2015, 04:49:20 pm »
The weather in Utah has been unseasonably warm this winter. Usually about this time of year I'm up to my ass in snow. We had our first real snow on Christmas day, and it hung around for a week until it melted. There's still some snow up in the mountains, but I hear that the ski resorts are worried. The Sundance Film Festival is going on right now about 20 mins away and there is little snow for all the celebrities to ski on.  Suits me just fine, it makes my job easier.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5744 on: January 27, 2015, 04:51:10 pm »
The weather in Utah has been unseasonably warm this winter. Usually about this time of year I'm up to my ass in snow. We had our first real snow on Christmas day, and it hung around for a week until it melted. There's still some snow up in the mountains, but I hear that the ski resorts are worried. The Sundance Film Festival is going on right now about 20 mins away and there is little snow for all the celebrities to ski on.  Suits me just fine, it makes my job easier.

Same here. The rest of the country is in a blizzard, while here in Northern California they're worried we're gonna have drought in the summer because we've been having 70-degree days in January, when normally we're in the 30s-50s and raining.