Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1542328 times)

karyann

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #5910 on: February 09, 2015, 10:03:08 pm »
So THAT'S what the fuss is all about around Sega these days. I honestly just hope that Atlus will not suffer  :-\

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5911 on: February 10, 2015, 01:21:32 am »
No matter what happens, I still have my collection/backlog to fall back on.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5912 on: February 10, 2015, 06:31:36 am »
No matter what happens, I still have my collection/backlog to fall back on.

words to live by ;)

aka my motto ;D
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #5913 on: February 10, 2015, 08:08:29 am »
So THAT'S what the fuss is all about around Sega these days. I honestly just hope that Atlus will not suffer  :-\

If something were to happen to Atlus, I'd be devastated. That is one game company that has stayed true to themselves over the years and that's part of the reason why they continue to get my support.

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5914 on: February 10, 2015, 10:24:28 am »
Still waiting for shenmue III
Perhaps a new Sega/Nintendo collaboration for a new f-zero game :)
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5915 on: February 10, 2015, 10:56:15 am »
SHIT -

-diddilly :o

So.

I'd resigned myself to the "kill 50k monsters" trophy in CoH2G,

I'd decided to tough it out with the "Reincarnation" (ie: *slooo-ooo-wly* level a character all the way up) trophy, and,

After several hours of staring at mini maps (~120+ different ones)...I'd even *Finally* gotten the trophy for "exploring 100% of every (game + post-game) dungeon"; as in, finding & touching/stepping on every.  single.  square. on every. single grid/map. of every. single. dungeon.

Yep, even the "sneaky" ones (the ones you can only reach once certain spells, levels, skills, etc have been attained & reached, the ones that only certain party combinations (determined by: racial compatibilities, alignments, classes, and the affinities - likes, loves, dislikes, & hatreds - of said races, classes, and alignments, etc) will be able to reach, and...yep - even those where you'll have to suicide/sacrifice some of your favorite party members (*worst* case = potentially, losing them forever if 2 consecutive revival attempts fail to the *best* case...where they 'only' (*permanently*) lost points from their VIT(ality) stats; which...are pretty damned important + hard to come by in this game) :-\

The point?!

I'm pretty damned pissed & confused about why the fuck the:

"Found All Treasure Chests" trophy

didn't pop with the "100% exploration" one >:(

What I Want to know is this: if I've been to (*seen*) every damned place in the game -AND- c'mon, now...like I'm going to ignore/leave a treasure chest sitting there & *NOT* snatch it, whilst I'm doing the work for the exploration trophy --and-- knowing in advance what I'd need to do + where I'd need to go to get these trophies...why the hell didn't they pop together?!

(again with the):  >:( 's

Whelp.

I guess there's no choice but to re-run every step of every dungeon, looking for *that* damnably inevitable 'chest that didn't appear at  _____, until _____ story/progression point has been reached/occurred' treasure chest...

That said - as dat' half-full guy...the full half of the glass that I'm finding here is going to be that, at least it will keep me more invested during my grind (from ~16k) to 50k monsters  ;)

kashell

« Reply #5916 on: February 10, 2015, 11:02:34 am »
First world problems in 3, 2, 1...

I'm headed to Florida tomorrow to visit my grandparents. It's always a good time and I'm always happy to see them, but I just checked the weather and it looks like it's going to be chilly for the entire time I'm there. A few weeks ago, I picked up Muramasa for the Vita so I had something to play. However, since it looks like it won't be quite warm enough to soak up some UV rays, I think I'm going to bite the bullet and pick up one more Vita game, which will likely end up being Criminal Girls.

Shame. I was hoping to come back with a healthy, fabulous tan.

EDIT: I just saw your post, dark. I felt the aggravation through the screen as I read that. I have been there with the Star Ocean 4 trophies and it was all kinds of frustrating to have to re-trace steps all over again. That said, you seem to have the right attitude! You're going to have yet another trophy not many others will!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 11:09:20 am by kashell »

soera

« Reply #5917 on: February 10, 2015, 11:40:17 am »
I somehow missed the exploration trophy on Ni no Kuni as well. Without doing another total play through, I dont know how I would ever accomplish that one either.

Warmsignal

« Reply #5918 on: February 11, 2015, 12:01:40 am »
Little bit depressed today over one of my local spots. This place has been pulling out their game stock from being in storage for over 5 years, with lots of great selection that's not picked over much and until today had been going by a flat cost policy of $10 per game, regardless of what it was. Been cherry picking that place for a while, and went there today to find out the owner has caught the game selling fever again, and now all games are $20, unless he has at least 5 copies of them, then it's $10. So basically 90% of the good games are $20 now. The only stuff they have with 5 copies is just the crap nobody wants. Looks like he'll be holding on to that massive stock for another 20 years at those rates.  ???

If I could have known this was coming, I would have spent crazy money before. I had my eye on probably another 20 games there. Thought I could take my time.  :-\
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 12:07:17 am by Warmsignal »

jcalder8

« Reply #5919 on: February 11, 2015, 01:18:48 am »
In case any of you guys need a suggestion for Valentine's Day:

PS: Thanks Pac
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 03:48:05 am by jcalder8 »

pacpix

« Reply #5920 on: February 11, 2015, 01:54:45 am »
In case any of you guys need a suggestion for Valentine's Day:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elQGa97sNFM

PS: I couldn't get the video to embed, am I missing something?

Change https to http when using the YouTube tag.
Code: [Select]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elQGa97sNFM[/youtube]
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #5921 on: February 11, 2015, 03:02:44 am »
There any way to get a Guncon 2 for a PS2 working on a flatscreen or am I SOL with it? Kinda bummed cause I was excited to get a Time Crisis 2: Crisis Zone bundle and Resident Evil Dead Aim, but forgot that it might not likely work...which it doesn't.  Sadly don't have enough room to get myself a big old TV to use here, so if there's nothing that can be done, I guess I will have to hold off playing these things for awhile.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5922 on: February 11, 2015, 09:16:59 am »
the/my

*palm2myface*

for not seeing the obvious & thinking of it before now -

thought + triviality

of the day

is:

QUESTION:

What makes a damn, fine container/storage for strangely-sized & miscellaneous swagly (my word - ya' saw it here 1st!) itrems?

ANSWER:

Those square-shaped, tin containers that Christmas cookies come in ;D

Bang those pesky little crumbs out (preferably outside and/or over a garbage can ;) ) & voila!

Use & enjoy with and/or without the built-in plastic tray 8)

argyle

« Reply #5923 on: February 11, 2015, 09:43:45 am »
the/my

*palm2myface*

for not seeing the obvious & thinking of it before now -

thought + triviality

of the day

is:

QUESTION:

What makes a damn, fine container/storage for strangely-sized & miscellaneous swagly (my word - ya' saw it here 1st!) itrems?

ANSWER:

Those square-shaped, tin containers that Christmas cookies come in ;D

Bang those pesky little crumbs out (preferably outside and/or over a garbage can ;) ) & voila!

Use & enjoy with and/or without the built-in plastic tray 8)

Not a bad idea! Personally, I use boring old shoe boxes, but they do the trick. ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #5924 on: February 11, 2015, 10:18:34 am »
just broke 500 items. -more if you include doubles