Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1660386 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #5940 on: February 12, 2015, 01:46:31 pm »
Game Gears kind of suck to play, even in working condition. I had one (until the sound stopped working). The problem with a good majority of games on it are two things:

1. The games are often so zoomed-in that you can't see what's coming and you get cheap deaths as a result.

2. Any games that have lots of movement (such as Sonic) get blurry when the speed ramps up.

And yeah, they are prone to breaking. The speakers on mine stopped working.

I so wish someone would make something like the Super Game Boy so we can play Game Gear games on the T.V. That might eliminate some of the blurriness, at least. And it would mean we wouldn't have to take chances on faulty Game Gears.

thekosmickollector

« Reply #5941 on: February 12, 2015, 01:50:48 pm »
Ah, that's a damn shame. Soldering or anything like that is pretty much out of my boundaries completely since I don't have the equipment and I wouldn't want to regardless for fear of making things worse :P

Again though, it's a real shame so many of them are faulty. The games look pretty good and you can get them very cheap as well, but that might be due to the fact that there are barely any consoles out there to play them on anymore, haha

desocietas

« Reply #5942 on: February 12, 2015, 02:01:19 pm »
Well my girlfriend just broke up with me today.... Kinda saw it coming..... but still took it kinda hard. But that is life and I just gotta move on in my life.

Ugh, sorry to hear that... As they say, everyone relationship will fail until you find the one that doesn't :/

Hopefully these events, as painful as they may be, will put you in the right place to find happiness again in the near future.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5943 on: February 12, 2015, 02:49:53 pm »
Well kids, y'all are like family to me so I'm going to drop a bomb.  It needs to be out there. 

My wife left me December 31.  What a New Year's Eve.  I sat at home alone. I didn't see it coming at all.  Really blindsided me.  I was depressed as all shit.  That's the biggest reason I've been away from the site.  I just checked in every now and then to let you folks know I was still kicking. 

Well, I had a visit with a lawyer today.  Looks like I'll be divorced in 30-45 days.

Things are starting to look up though.  The boy and I are getting used to the "new normal"  It's scary, but we'll do fine. Now, the problem is hiding my massive video game collection until after I have a lady charmed.  ;)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5944 on: February 12, 2015, 02:58:52 pm »
Well kids, y'all are like family to me so I'm going to drop a bomb.  It needs to be out there. 

My wife left me December 31.  What a New Year's Eve.  I sat at home alone. I didn't see it coming at all.  Really blindsided me.  I was depressed as all shit.  That's the biggest reason I've been away from the site.  I just checked in every now and then to let you folks know I was still kicking. 

Well, I had a visit with a lawyer today.  Looks like I'll be divorced in 30-45 days.

Things are starting to look up though.  The boy and I are getting used to the "new normal"  It's scary, but we'll do fine. Now, the problem is hiding my massive video game collection until after I have a lady charmed.  ;)

I am sorry to hear this. Best of luck man, remember play nice, don't talk to her about anything about the Divorce and go through your lawyer for that type of stuff. And dont try and hide assets/money. And document everything. Good luck.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5945 on: February 12, 2015, 03:05:56 pm »

I say you leave it out in the open, girls gotta fall in love with the collection too ;)

argyle

« Reply #5946 on: February 12, 2015, 03:08:02 pm »

Man, I really hate to hear that. I went through my own divorce about 7 & a half years ago now. It hurt, and it really sucked at the time, but things are so much better now that I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Oh, and my wife now tells me that the first thing that really got her interested in me was my game room. ;)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5947 on: February 12, 2015, 03:31:03 pm »
Wow guys, I'm really sorry to hear about your luck. I'll keep you in my prayers.

desocietas

« Reply #5948 on: February 12, 2015, 03:38:48 pm »
Turf, I'll be keeping you and your boy in my thoughts; you're a strong and awesome dude, and you'll make someone a very lucky person in the future.  Your boy is already very lucky to have you as his father.

And I agree - don't hide your game collection.  It's a badge and a huge part of you as a person.  Whomever you meet will know about your game collection soon enough - why hide it?  It's certainly less creepy than people who display a sword collection.  ::)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

bobster

« Reply #5949 on: February 12, 2015, 03:45:40 pm »

Wow Turf really sorry to hear about what's been going on. I definitely wish you the best of luck. You're an awesome guy and I'm sure you'll do fine! We all have your back  :D
Currently Playing: The Witcher

davifus

« Reply #5950 on: February 12, 2015, 03:49:23 pm »
-
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 03:52:11 pm by davifus »
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

davifus

« Reply #5951 on: February 12, 2015, 03:51:44 pm »

Wow, I cant even wrap my head around this...
Baffled is the correct reaction
Best of luck Tuff
We are all here for you.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5952 on: February 12, 2015, 04:25:15 pm »
luv ya, turf!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

Warmsignal

« Reply #5953 on: February 12, 2015, 08:27:37 pm »
Seems many VG Collector's are having / or had relationship woes just in recent times. :( Hope it's not the lifestyle of gaming / collecting itself that is driving couples apart!  ??? Then again, it's shocking to think that half of marriages end up that way.

Game Gears kind of suck to play, even in working condition. I had one (until the sound stopped working). The problem with a good majority of games on it are two things:

1. The games are often so zoomed-in that you can't see what's coming and you get cheap deaths as a result.

2. Any games that have lots of movement (such as Sonic) get blurry when the speed ramps up.

And yeah, they are prone to breaking. The speakers on mine stopped working.

I so wish someone would make something like the Super Game Boy so we can play Game Gear games on the T.V. That might eliminate some of the blurriness, at least. And it would mean we wouldn't have to take chances on faulty Game Gears.

Gotta disagree. I like the Game Gear, and replacing the caps isn't so bad. Yeah, the games are zoomed in, but you get more fluid gameplay as a trade off. IMO, the Game Gear was the best handheld until the release of the original Nintendo DS. There's no way, regardless of any library, that I'd consider any handheld from the 90s that wasn't color, and wasn't also back-lit. Couldn't stand that then, and still can't now.

There are Game Gear mod kits where you can play RGB out, but the mod isn't so easy to do.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 08:36:29 pm by Warmsignal »

karyann

« Reply #5954 on: February 12, 2015, 10:49:51 pm »

Damn man, that's a hard one. :/ Keep yourself entertained, even when you don't feel like it; it keeps the mind awake! I wish you the best of luck, you're an awesome guy who deserves good things :) hope everything turns out for the best.