Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1661512 times)

argyle

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #6120 on: February 20, 2015, 12:28:06 pm »
pre-order & prepay 15-20 upcoming games?

I'm gonna go against the grain and say I'd use most of it to preorder upcoming stuff I know I want. I'd probably split it more or less like this:

$600-$700 - Preorders or tucked away for future titles when their preorders become available.

$100-$200 - Pickup a few import games I've had my eye on, maybe an older game or two.

Whatever's left - save for a rainy day (in other words, when I stumble across something unexpected that is a *must have*)

:)
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6121 on: February 20, 2015, 12:31:56 pm »
Already made a start  8)

so far:

$50 PSN card,

Evolve (PS4),

Borderlands 2 Vita Bundle, and

Super Mario 3D World Deluxe Wii-U Set

and...there's still another $400, or so waiting to be thrown at something ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #6122 on: February 20, 2015, 12:39:18 pm »
and...there's still another $400, or so waiting to be thrown at something

My birthday is in June, so I'll let someone else ask for blessings from dark. ^^()

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6123 on: February 20, 2015, 12:41:49 pm »

My birthday is in June, so I'll let someone else ask for blessings from dark. ^^()

to *know* dark is to be blessed (darkly)  8)

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6124 on: February 20, 2015, 12:43:44 pm »
;D

yep, this is a "Happy Face" post, question, bit of good news, and a hypothetical (to & for the rest of you)!

last night, i won (and - more importantly - was paid-in-full on the spot) between $1,300 and $1,400 in cash playing cards.

forget about the $300 to $400 part of it, though...my girl's going to be getting some nice & unexpected treats, nights out, and surprises with it :-[

So...the question/hypothetical is:

If an unexpected grand was to fall into your lap - earmarked & needed for nothing but treating yourself + your collection...what would you get?

2-3 consoles?

a shitload of games?

1 or 2 "Holy Grail" games?

pre-order & prepay 15-20 upcoming games?

get a decade's worth of psn & max-out your psn wallet (iirc, it's got a cap of $200 or $300)?

a combination of the above? (explain/describe)

none of the above? (explain/describe)

an idea that i haven't even thought of or listed?

etc?

;D

I'd splurge and buy something that I feel like I have 0 chance of finding in the wild like Neo-Geo or TG-16 (this is assuming I'm managing my finances correctly and dont have debt)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6125 on: February 20, 2015, 12:49:55 pm »
Man, is it just me, or does the Wii U's gamepad have like no battery time? It's worse than my Game Gear was, no joke. I find myself just playing it constantly plugged into the charger.

They'll probably put out a 2nd edition of the console down the road that will address this, though.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6126 on: February 20, 2015, 01:01:55 pm »
Man, is it just me, or does the Wii U's gamepad have like no battery time? It's worse than my Game Gear was, no joke. I find myself just playing it constantly plugged into the charger.

They'll probably put out a 2nd edition of the console down the road that will address this, though.

That is how I feel about the ps4 controller. That thing dies quick. I need to buy 2 more so I can rotate them off charges like I use to do with my ps3 controllers.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #6127 on: February 20, 2015, 01:20:58 pm »

to *know* dark is to be blessed (darkly)  8)

June 6th, by the way. Just saying. All are invited to TN for a party, of course.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6128 on: February 20, 2015, 02:11:39 pm »
Quick question that I hope someone here can answer for me before I leave work today:

Can I add some arbitrary amount to my Nintendo eShop account from my debit card like say $22.96? Or does it have to be in $10, $20, and $50 amounts only?

The answer that question will decide if I need to go to GameStop to pick up an eShop point card after work, or not.

Thanks in advance. :)

bobster

« Reply #6129 on: February 20, 2015, 02:12:52 pm »
Quick question that I hope someone here can answer for me before I leave work today:

Can I add some arbitrary amount to my Nintendo eShop account from my debit card like say $22.96? Or does it have to be in $10, $20, and $50 amounts only?

The answer that question will decide if I need to go to GameStop to pick up an eShop point card after work, or not.

Nope only fixed numbers. It's basically the bane of my existence and one of the reasons I waited so long to get Shovel Knight (I had like 14.96 or some crap when I needed 15  ::).
Currently Playing: The Witcher

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6130 on: February 20, 2015, 02:17:53 pm »

Nope only fixed numbers. It's basically the bane of my existence and one of the reasons I waited so long to get Shovel Knight (I had like 14.96 or some crap when I needed 15  ::).

That sucks. I want to get Pier Solar ($14.99) and Breath of Fire ($7.99). And that's it!

bobster

« Reply #6131 on: February 20, 2015, 02:22:10 pm »

That sucks. I want to get Pier Solar ($14.99) and Breath of Fire ($7.99). And that's it!
Yup it's crappy. Don't forget they'll charge tax so you'll need a bit extra beyond those prices as well  >:(.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6132 on: February 20, 2015, 04:24:55 pm »

Yup it's crappy. Don't forget they'll charge tax so you'll need a bit extra beyond those prices as well  >:(.

I didn't get taxed when I downloaded Shovel Knight ($14.99) and Shadow of the Ninja ($4.99). I had exactly 2 cents credit left after using my $20 eShop card.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6133 on: February 20, 2015, 04:43:27 pm »
Someone just informed me that I can't add such amounts as unused credit, but I can just purchase the games directly using my debit card. Does that sound right to you? If so, then problem solved!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6134 on: February 20, 2015, 04:46:55 pm »
does Ninty (Wii, DS, 3DS, Wii-U...whatever)

have any kind of equivalent to Sony's trophies/M$' achievements?

also - just got a Wii-U ;D

my understanding is that it's b/c and will play Wii games (making the b/c Wii that I bought - and haven't even once - connected and/or tried it out/used it) from soera, well...redundant; right?

next up: since I didn't originally plan on getting a Wii-U (heh, even with 'found' / 'given' money - I *still* have no interest in an XBO :P )

i'm pretty much in the...

...dark,

as it were ;)

concerning its current, coming soon, and/or announced & confirmed game library -

what is there/is there coming for the system, in the way of RPGs?