Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1662562 times)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #6315 on: March 07, 2015, 08:31:52 am »
ZanyGaeniac's  CoH2G (up-dateable) Plat-Countdown!!!

47,000... :-X

48,000...... >:(

49,000... :'(

50,000/Platinum  8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #6316 on: March 07, 2015, 10:14:38 am »
Congratulations on the platinum!!!!!!!!!!!!1111one!1eleven!!

IIRC, Suikoden Tactics takes place before any of them and acts a prequel (10 or so years??) to IV. It's a very -VERY- slow SRPG, but it has some unique ideas.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6317 on: March 07, 2015, 10:28:33 am »

IIRC, Suikoden Tactics takes place before any of them and acts a prequel (10 or so years??) to IV. It's a very -VERY- slow SRPG, but it has some unique ideas.

you've gotta watch the #'s as I cross 'em out...no plat yet  :(

kashell

« Reply #6318 on: March 07, 2015, 10:36:15 am »

you've gotta watch the #'s as I cross 'em out...no plat yet  :(

: D................... >__>

Still haven't had my morning java...didn't even see the strike throughs.

Apologies. <3

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6319 on: March 07, 2015, 11:30:00 am »

50,000/Platinum  8)

No worries, kash - as it happens - I'm both happy & able to add that next strike-through now...just hit a bit over 44k; starting to taste that L'il bitch  :P

nice visit, buddy?!

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6320 on: March 07, 2015, 11:45:44 am »
Dang! Congrats!
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6321 on: March 07, 2015, 12:33:29 pm »
3 (tres) Things (cosas) -

1st (primera):

- Not owning an XBone, having gotten rid of a 360 after < a week with it, and knowing that I'll never have the interest or the desire to own either/or ever again...I haven't been & don't really pay attention to or keep up with M$' exclusives, acquisitions, news, etc.  Additionally - I'm also really late to the whole 'Minecraft' party.

So...imagine my surprise, when buying myself a PS4 copy of it & seeing a PS3 version too...my friend (a GS manager) told me that M$ owns Mojang (the dev + creator of the game); when did this happen?  Was it after the Sony versions were released *OR* did Mojang, somehow, snag a clause or ryder in their contract to be 'owned' by one company...while still being able to develop for others?

Regardless - it'll be feeling kinda' cool & funny to be playing a game owned by M$ on Sony consoles  :P

2nd (segundo):

Is Nintendo fucking serious?!  >:(

If I understand correctly, the upcoming 3DS game, Xenoblade Chronicles, will only be playable on the "NEW" 3DS(-XL); new Nintendo hardware that a). makes older & other memory cards obsolete by switching from sd to micro sd *AND* doesn't even come with/include something as basic & necessary as a Power.  Adaptor. W/O having to pay extra for that, too & buy it separately  :o

Is this just initially *OR* are there going to be 3DS and/or Wii-U versions to follow?

If not...if I *have* to (I don't -and- I refuse to and won't) buy another "3DS" to play a 3DS game; well, Ninty will have completely lost & blown any goodwill that I've ever had for them.  That would be a really shitty thing for them to pull!  >:(

Thoughts?

Last (ultima):

Since I was pretty much 'gifted' (read: bought it with the proceeds of a card game:) a new, Wii-U Mario World bundle...I'm thinking about (eventually) setting it up & trying her out.  For those of you who have them & are familiar with them...what are your thoughts (yea or nay) on using/playing it; both/either with the new screen-portable-controller thingie and/or with other motion controls, joysticks, etc one-handed?

How hard/easy + time-consuming is its initial set-up?

Thanks  ;)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 12:35:18 pm by disgaeniac »

karyann

« Reply #6322 on: March 07, 2015, 12:43:36 pm »

50,000/Platinum  8)

Good luck with that!  8)

I've been going through my collection (and wishlist) to remove what I don't really need. I feel like I lost track of what I originally wanted to collect, which is "games that I want to play", so I started removing a few things that I'll trade for things that I actually want more :) Sorry for the spam that some are having in their feeds :P

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6323 on: March 07, 2015, 12:59:09 pm »
I agree that "steaming pile of human waste" was a bit too over the top and probably demeaning.

But at the same time: I work with disabled people ever day, my job is to teach a computer basics class at a work program for the disabled. I also have a developmentally delayed brother. With the experience I have, I can guarantee you that in 95% of those cases where you think they are incapable of personal hygiene, that they actually are and it's nothing more than laziness because they'd rather be playing video games, on their smart phone, or talking to boys/girls, etc. Personal hygiene is a normal subject covered at our work just for that reason; because how are they going to land jobs if they're too lazy to take the time to shower each day? And, most of them that REALLY are incapable of personal hygiene, have house staff to assist them with it. So the ones that stink, are often the ones that actually should be able to take care of their hygiene.

soera

« Reply #6324 on: March 07, 2015, 01:30:25 pm »
Heh Kenny, Im glad you explained what the numbers were for. I kept seeing them and was lost a little. I may have missed a previous post on what they were. Good luck on your platinum. Im sure you already have seen how sad and pathetic my plat list is. :P

As far as your trio of questions :

1) Microshaft recently bought the Minecraft company. Eventually Im sure it will be a Microshaft/Xbox none exclusive type of crap. In the meantime, its still available for all the original options.

2) Xenoblade 3ds is indeed one of the only officially announced games that requires the "New" 3DS. As far as I know, however, its just a portable version of the Wii game so I cant imagine its going to make it to the original 3DS and it should be playable on the Wii U.

3) While my family enjoys the Wii U, I cant see how practical the gamepad will be one handed. :( Set up and everything is pretty simple though if you decide to try it out.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6325 on: March 07, 2015, 02:27:32 pm »

2). Xenoblade 3ds is indeed one of the only officially announced games that requires the "New" 3DS. As far as I know, however, its just a portable version of the Wii game

Ah.  I didn't know that - I was thinking that it was a new & different/separate game so...that makes it a *little* better --but-- *only* a little.

I'm seeing that as the equivalent of Sony having, say, their PSP-2000 their PSP-3000...where they won't play each other's games, stop coming with & start charging extra for an adapter/charger, AND - to top it off - made the 2 systems' memory cards incompatible with each other; seriously, Nintendo?!

That's just wrong & fucked-up on so many levels! >:(

@burningdoom you're probably right and know better than I do about that...I work counselling (adult) addicts, alcoholics, gamblers, etc.

@gtf78

A...

...CO, you say?  :o

We may have already met!  :P
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 02:29:20 pm by disgaeniac »

foxhack

« Reply #6326 on: March 07, 2015, 04:13:49 pm »
*AND* doesn't even come with/include something as basic & necessary as a Power.  Adaptor. W/O having to pay extra for that, too & buy it separately  :o

Their reasoning, stupid as it was, was that people would already own an earlier version of the system - with the power adaptor. It works on both.

Again: stupid.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6327 on: March 07, 2015, 05:15:28 pm »
*AND* doesn't even come with/include something as basic & necessary as a Power.  Adaptor. W/O having to pay extra for that, too & buy it separately  :o

Their reasoning, stupid as it was, was that people would already own an earlier version of the system - with the power adaptor. It works on both.

Agreed.

« Reply #6328 on: March 07, 2015, 06:02:16 pm »

Agreed.

Good thing GameStop has some for $35 used.  ::)

karyann

« Reply #6329 on: March 07, 2015, 07:14:40 pm »
Good thing GameStop has some for $35 used.  ::)

Urgh, Gamestop... Everywhere else, the original brand is $15 brand new. *rolls eyes*