Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1664344 times)

Bwigdahl

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #6720 on: April 03, 2015, 10:43:47 am »
The controversy is over.  I am now Chewbacca

It's a wookie!

(10 points to whoever gets that reference)

I bent my wookie.

devancowan

« Reply #6721 on: April 03, 2015, 01:44:52 pm »
Thought it would be better to post on here instead of making a completely new thread.

Does anyone have any recommendations on gaming magazines? I'm not looking for something digital but something that will be actually shipped to my house.

thekosmickollector

« Reply #6722 on: April 03, 2015, 03:10:28 pm »
Thought it would be better to post on here instead of making a completely new thread.

Does anyone have any recommendations on gaming magazines? I'm not looking for something digital but something that will be actually shipped to my house.

Retro Gamer is fantastic!! Not sure about the US one but in the UK its awesome! :)

devancowan

« Reply #6723 on: April 03, 2015, 03:30:13 pm »

Retro Gamer is fantastic!! Not sure about the US one but in the UK its awesome! :)

That's actually the one I was leaning towards! I'm actually not very knowledgeable about retro gaming so I think it will be very interesting!
Cheers!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6724 on: April 03, 2015, 04:52:46 pm »

Note that (IMO), it's not a very "good" magazine --but-- if you're already using GameStop to buy, sell, and/or trade-in games, (*especially*, if you buy/sell/trade used games; as their "Plus" membership gives you (I think) 10% extra store credit for your used items and 10% off of the 'regular' price of their used games) if you pay the annual fee (iirc; between $20 and 30 bucks a year); it comes with a 'free' subscription (to your choice of digital or in your mailbox once a month) to Game-Informer; don't let the "informed" part fool you  :o

Summed up = if you do or if you're going to be buying or selling a decent amount of used games at GS...it just 'makes sense' to get the magazine for free along with it.

Personally, I wouldn't pay for "Plus", just for the magazine/I'd only bother getting & looking at it since it's a perc from something else.

*protip*

"GameInformer magazine is owned, published, edited, and distributed by GameStop, Inc.  GameInformer's employees (writers, editors, columnists, and assorted other corporate drones) are all; again, employed by & work for GameStop, Inc.  The opinions expressed & reported therein, are explicitly & solely, also the opinions 'given' (provided) to them & approved by GameStop, Inc.  The integrity & objectivity - of both GameInformer and GameStop, Inc.- is renowned worldwide (for both being absent and being a joke :P)  Please read and enjoy our magazine for what it is.  Reading, believing, making decisions & spending money - based on the information, reviews, opinions, advertisements, and recommendations - found within can & does provide all of our readers with a deliciously, tasty experience (*Optimally* experienced); heavily-salted"  8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6725 on: April 03, 2015, 08:44:52 pm »
Yeah, Retro Gamer U.K. is awesome. Packed full of articles, interviews, and reviews; and high production value. But you pay for it. Pricey magazine at $12.99 a pop.

The U.S. Retro magazine isn't nearly as good, I have a subscription to it and I don't plan on renewing it. It's not as big, it's not as well written, and just feels less excting.

devancowan

« Reply #6726 on: April 04, 2015, 11:06:02 am »

Note that (IMO), it's not a very "good" magazine --but-- if you're already using GameStop to buy, sell, and/or trade-in games, (*especially*, if you buy/sell/trade used games; as their "Plus" membership gives you (I think) 10% extra store credit for your used items and 10% off of the 'regular' price of their used games) if you pay the annual fee (iirc; between $20 and 30 bucks a year); it comes with a 'free' subscription (to your choice of digital or in your mailbox once a month) to Game-Informer; don't let the "informed" part fool you  :o

Summed up = if you do or if you're going to be buying or selling a decent amount of used games at GS...it just 'makes sense' to get the magazine for free along with it.

Personally, I wouldn't pay for "Plus", just for the magazine/I'd only bother getting & looking at it since it's a perc from something else.

*protip*

"GameInformer magazine is owned, published, edited, and distributed by GameStop, Inc.  GameInformer's employees (writers, editors, columnists, and assorted other corporate drones) are all; again, employed by & work for GameStop, Inc.  The opinions expressed & reported therein, are explicitly & solely, also the opinions 'given' (provided) to them & approved by GameStop, Inc.  The integrity & objectivity - of both GameInformer and GameStop, Inc.- is renowned worldwide (for both being absent and being a joke :P)  Please read and enjoy our magazine for what it is.  Reading, believing, making decisions & spending money - based on the information, reviews, opinions, advertisements, and recommendations - found within can & does provide all of our readers with a deliciously, tasty experience (*Optimally* experienced); heavily-salted"  8)

I looked at Game Informer but it ships to US only.. Like everything good lol

devancowan

« Reply #6727 on: April 04, 2015, 11:07:03 am »
Yeah, Retro Gamer U.K. is awesome. Packed full of articles, interviews, and reviews; and high production value. But you pay for it. Pricey magazine at $12.99 a pop.

The U.S. Retro magazine isn't nearly as good, I have a subscription to it and I don't plan on renewing it. It's not as big, it's not as well written, and just feels less excting.

I really want the U.K version of Retro gamers but It's like 80 pounds for 13 issues. When you convert pounds to the shitty canada dollars its like 157 dollars..

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6728 on: April 04, 2015, 11:30:47 am »
TOAnyone who cares!

Updated my sell list a bit more by removing all items that have been shipped from it

and

by starting to add some of my PS2 doubles, games I've already played, games I can't/won't ever play, etc

bobster

« Reply #6729 on: April 04, 2015, 11:59:24 am »
Man Kenny you've got so much stuff I'd love to buy, if only I had the cash!

I couldn't find an answer on the internets, and perhaps that's my answer, but I know a lot of 3rd parties made wireless controllers for the PS2. Does anyone know if Sony made any official ones? I'm guessing not but figured someone here would know.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6730 on: April 04, 2015, 12:01:20 pm »
Might score a Wii U with 4 games for $150 :D
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6731 on: April 04, 2015, 12:05:54 pm »

I really want the U.K version of Retro gamers but It's like 80 pounds for 13 issues. When you convert pounds to the shitty canada dollars its like 157 dollars..

Oh yeah, I know. No different in the U.S. That's why I just buy it off the stands at Barnes & Noble.

kashell

« Reply #6732 on: April 04, 2015, 01:18:40 pm »
Aha...ahahaha...ha...

That's the sound one makes after maxing all of the Lily Ranks in HD Noire. I made that sound and got a weird look, but it was so worth it. All Lily Ranks are officially done.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6733 on: April 04, 2015, 01:19:04 pm »

I couldn't find an answer on the internets, and perhaps that's my answer, but I know a lot of 3rd parties made wireless controllers for the PS2. Does anyone know if Sony made any official ones? I'm guessing not but figured someone here would know.

This is the only one that is actually branded by Playstation, I just sold one, its actually really a good controller. http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-PlayStation-2-Cordless-Action-Controller/dp/B0001VNNE8

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6734 on: April 04, 2015, 01:53:38 pm »

This is the only one that is actually branded by Playstation, I just sold one, its actually really a good controller. http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-PlayStation-2-Cordless-Action-Controller/dp/B0001VNNE8

I've had and, I've always liked & went with that Logitech wireless controller for my PS2 gaming.

I'm confused, though  ???

Bobster was asking if there were any "Official" Sony wireless, PS2 controllers...isn't the one that you linked to, tafk, a Logitech controller rather than a Sony one?