Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1663940 times)

bobster

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #6735 on: April 04, 2015, 02:18:29 pm »
This is the only one that is actually branded by Playstation, I just sold one, its actually really a good controller. http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-PlayStation-2-Cordless-Action-Controller/dp/B0001VNNE8
Hmmm Logitech is definitely a trustworthy brand and if Sony blessed it, I guess it's the one I'll pursue! My girlfriend says we need to get one so I guess I shall!

I've had and, I've always liked & went with that Logitech wireless controller for my PS2 gaming.

I'm confused, though  ???

Bobster was asking if there were any "Official" Sony wireless, PS2 controllers...isn't the one that you linked to, tafk, a Logitech controller rather than a Sony one?
Glad to hear you enjoyed yours as well. Like I said above, if Sony blessed it, that's good enough for me. I just got a couple Wavebirds for my Gamecube and now I'm on a wireless controller kick. I had some Pelican wireless Gamecube controllers and they were kind of spotty. That's the only reason I asked for official, as I'd like to make sure I'm getting good quality this time around.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

foxhack

« Reply #6736 on: April 04, 2015, 02:38:51 pm »
Guys, I have a Gamestop question. Can you buy downloadable games in store?

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/duck-dynasty/117993

This is eight bucks instead of the usual $40, and since it's a licensed game, I want to buy it before it gets pulled because Activision sucks. I can't technically buy the game here because my IP is Mexican and it might block me, but I guess I can go to the store across the border tomorrow while I'm buying groceries at the store nearby.

Also apparently a 360 game I have on my trade bucket is worth six bucks, so there's that. :p

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6737 on: April 04, 2015, 02:41:01 pm »
It's a gorgeous day in northern Arkansas. No better time to do some trash digging. A few decent finds so far. I think I've got a couple more stops to make.  8)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6738 on: April 04, 2015, 03:43:14 pm »

Glad to hear you enjoyed yours as well.

Yeah, I've had good luck with Logitech wireless products.  In fact, the wireless keyboard that I use with/for my PS3, is also a Logitech.

iirc, I bought it for 20 to 30 bucks within the 1st year of the PS3s' release...and - other than changing batteries once or twice a year - it's still going strong & working just fine.

Color me a happy and a repeat customer  8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

desocietas

« Reply #6739 on: April 05, 2015, 02:21:02 am »
Guys, I have a Gamestop question. Can you buy downloadable games in store?

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/duck-dynasty/117993

This is eight bucks instead of the usual $40, and since it's a licensed game, I want to buy it before it gets pulled because Activision sucks. I can't technically buy the game here because my IP is Mexican and it might block me, but I guess I can go to the store across the border tomorrow while I'm buying groceries at the store nearby.

Also apparently a 360 game I have on my trade bucket is worth six bucks, so there's that. :p

Yep, you can. I wanted to get the employee discount on Typing of the Dead and its DLC, and the only way to do that was to purchase it in-person.  If I recall correctly, they print out a receipt for you with the download key.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #6740 on: April 05, 2015, 02:34:13 am »
Yep, you can. I wanted to get the employee discount on Typing of the Dead and its DLC, and the only way to do that was to purchase it in-person.  If I recall correctly, they print out a receipt for you with the download key.

Check the finds thread. ;D

abe

« Reply #6741 on: April 05, 2015, 12:09:04 pm »
Soo... I need some help deciding what to spend the last of my Club Nintendo coins on. Should I get a couple games I want to play (but can buy from the eShop whenever I want) or another one of those 3DS card cases (which I can only get from Club Nintendo or resellers on eBay)?
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

soera

« Reply #6742 on: April 05, 2015, 12:10:53 pm »
Soo... I need some help deciding what to spend the last of my Club Nintendo coins on. Should I get a couple games I want to play (but can buy from the eShop whenever I want) or another one of those 3DS card cases (which I can only get from Club Nintendo or resellers on eBay)?

I was actually trying to save up to get one of those 3DS cases but I never got enough points. I ended with 300.  :-\

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6743 on: April 05, 2015, 01:10:21 pm »
It's a gorgeous day in northern Arkansas. No better time to do some trash digging. A few decent finds so far. I think I've got a couple more stops to make.  8)

I would dumpster dive my local gamestops. but I live in the ghetto.... and well... we have a lot of crazys here lol
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6744 on: April 05, 2015, 01:11:37 pm »
So.

What, exactly is "Bluetooth" and/or - what, exactly is it that "Bluetooth" does?

Is the word synonymous with "wireless"?

Thanks for any distinction & clarification between "bluetooth" & "wireless"  8)

abe

« Reply #6745 on: April 05, 2015, 01:21:36 pm »
So.

What, exactly is "Bluetooth" and/or - what, exactly is it that "Bluetooth" does?

Is the word synonymous with "wireless"?

Thanks for any distinction & clarification between "bluetooth" & "wireless"  8)

Bluetooth wireless technology uses short-length ultra high frequency (UHF) under a very specific band of radio frequencies. It's meant for short~ish range use and is often used with things like cellphones to communicate with things like cars. Wii remotes and PS3 controllers also use Bluetooth to communicate wirelessly. Xbox360 controllers do not use Bluetooth. Bluetooth is wireless but wireless does not necessarily mean Bluetooth, much like dogs are animals but not all animals are dogs.

Now answer my post. ;)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6746 on: April 05, 2015, 01:45:15 pm »
Now answer my post. ;)

Soo... I need some help deciding what to spend the last of my Club Nintendo coins on.

This one?

No can do  :(

I wouldn't know a Nintendo point - if it was pointed right at me.

Furthermore, I could be drowning in Nintendo points - waaaay beyond the point of death and, I still wouldn't know the point of these points - nor what you could & couldn't get with these points; making asking me for help on this, poignantly pointless...

...get the point?!  :o

Hey, now!

dont you be pointing dat' thang at me, young man  :P

TL;DR:

Words are fun to play with!  8)

edit

so what's up next for your PS3?

abe

« Reply #6747 on: April 05, 2015, 02:24:21 pm »

I'm having trouble deciding between getting back to some games I've started and want to play again, or starting something new that's a bit shorter. The two games on my PS3 I really want to get back to are Disgaea 4 and Tears to Tiara II. As you know from earlier, I'm also interested in finally starting Ar nosurge. I may just end up playing more Vita games instead like I seem to do so often. :P (I'm looking at you Tales of Hearts R!)

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6748 on: April 05, 2015, 03:35:37 pm »

I'm having trouble deciding between getting back to some games I've started and want to play again, or starting something new that's a bit shorter. The two games on my PS3 I really want to get back to are Disgaea 4 and Tears to Tiara II. As you know from earlier, I'm also interested in finally starting Ar nosurge. I may just end up playing more Vita games instead like I seem to do so often. :P (I'm looking at you Tales of Hearts R!)

Heh.

Now that I've got my VitaTv up & running - I find myself also looking to my Vita games A LOT more than I used to.  It's weird.  Before, I had a Vita & games for the Vita; but - I didn't really 'count' those games as potential "up next"s or "coming soon"s due to the uncomfortability, awkwardness, and just plain, old *frustration*; all of which makes up a big portion/aspect of my personal 'relationships' with handhelds.

Now that I'm playing (*and* loving + enjoying greatly) Noire...just like the 1st Neptunia game (in the series) that I played right after it launched = on my TV --and-- with my DS3 ;D  So, if I didn't know the VitaTv was there -or- if I couldn't see it on top of my PS4/and next to my PS3...it'd be impossible to tell that I wasn't playing a disc-based, PS3 game (same tv + same controller, etc).  With the PS3 (and its DS3 controller) being my favorite console & controller - the 20 to 30 Vita games that I had, feels like a whole new library of games just opened up to me  8)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6749 on: April 05, 2015, 03:37:33 pm »
You know what sounds good right now? A taco!
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730