Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1664363 times)

tafk

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #6810 on: April 14, 2015, 09:45:34 am »
Finally some good news. Star Ocean 5 is hap-hap-happening! And apparently, folks from the now gone tri-Ace are developing it. This makes me very pleased. I just hope that there aren't any battle trophies.

Maybe they will ret-con the fact that Star Ocean I and II were video games. Maybe Star Ocean III and IV were video games too?

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6811 on: April 14, 2015, 10:11:39 am »
Sorry for double post - Does anyone know if there is a database somewhere where you can see everything a release of a game came with? As I am now getting into things like old-PC gaming and collecting games I never had as a kid I want to make sure I know when I'm not getting something CIB.

argyle

« Reply #6812 on: April 14, 2015, 10:14:31 am »
Finally some good news. Star Ocean 5 is hap-hap-happening! And apparently, folks from the now gone tri-Ace are developing it. This makes me very pleased. I just hope that there aren't any battle trophies.

I'm happy about this too, even tho I hated SO3 & never played SO4 (tho I own it...). What's wrong with me!?! :o
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6813 on: April 14, 2015, 10:18:34 am »

Which platform(s) is Star Ocean 5 coming to;

kashy doo-doo?!

does that term of affection work for you, "Triumph Heart"?

poo and doo-doo are pretty much synonymous, right?  ;)

Triumph Heart...I can really dig that one. The other one, I'm not so sure. This is VG Collect, not a board about this word has been removed because EW GROSS.

It looks like SO5 will be for both the PS3 and the PS4.

Noire just now hit level 98 and, only has Wyn, Generia G, and Little Rain left to max Lilies for.

So, where and with what formations/set-up's did you find to be the least painless and the most efficient to get you through Lily Hell?

For Lily Grinding, I used the mission you mentioned: Collect Moon Grass. Clear the enemies, collect all but one moon grass and GET. TO. WORK. Set up your ladies in a cross formation with the one you're working on in the middle. In this case, Noire would be in the middle surrounded by Wyn, LR and GG. Start using her support skill and eventually...the trophy will DING!

Here's something I also HIGHLY recommend doing. As you know Vert, Lid and Wyn don't have support skills so they can't bump and grind the same way the other girls can. In the Moon Grass mission, consider letting the enemies live as long as you can and stick Lid in the middle of Wyn and Vert. Vert can use her Terai Division and Wyn can use Yellow Card. This will help build their Lily Ranks with Lid.

Actually, in any mission, consider bringing those three along and have them do nothing but debuff enemies. Every little bit helps!

Heh, yeah...that was my idea & advice to you, too - I was just hoping that you'd found a better way or improved on it :o

One neat little tidbit that you forgot/weren't aware of, that also speeds up the process a (very, very, very) little bit is:

Taking advantage of Noire's ability - whilst in HDD/CPU form - to 'double-up'; as in she gets a 4-stack of actions...2 Moves + 2 *others* per turn (like items, skills, attacks, etc) until she reverts back to l'il normal Noire - Lonely Heart :P
As you said - every little bit does help!

Did you already get a review of the game up on G*FAQs or rant/"Rate" or comment on "it's difficulty + the helpfulness & veracity of the roadmap and its"...

"time-estimate"? :-\

Ya' never know -

the way that this series multiplies & breeds spin-off's off of spin-off's, ad infinitum...

...The day of the fabulously, fabulous

Triumph Heart

...may yet come  ;)

As always - it's nice seeing Brad -n- Jason back around! ;D

Stop wasting your time looking for that pause button...

...L'il bitch is perma-stuck, broken, and doesn't work  :'(

« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 10:20:14 am by disgaeniac »
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6814 on: April 14, 2015, 10:35:44 am »
Is Star Ocean 5,  Frog Fractions 2?

argyle

« Reply #6815 on: April 14, 2015, 10:38:44 am »

I don't know what the connection is there, but I'd be all about a Frog Fractions 2! :D
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6816 on: April 14, 2015, 10:39:32 am »

nah;

It'll probably be:

Star Ocean V: Beyond the End of Time

8)

bobster

« Reply #6817 on: April 14, 2015, 10:57:14 am »
I guess I need to pick up the pace in Till the End of Time!
Currently Playing: The Witcher

abe

« Reply #6818 on: April 14, 2015, 11:02:43 am »

nah;

It'll probably be:

Star Ocean V: Beyond the End of Time

8)

It's actually Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness.
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6819 on: April 14, 2015, 11:03:09 am »

I don't know what the connection is there, but I'd be all about a Frog Fractions 2! :D

The connection is that tri-Ace was closed but apparently is developing this game. It all makes sense!

kashell

« Reply #6820 on: April 14, 2015, 11:34:14 am »

Maybe they will ret-con the fact that Star Ocean I and II were video games. Maybe Star Ocean III and IV were video games too?

I'm...not entirely sure what you mean. From a story perspective, the order is SO4, SO1, SO2 and then SO3. Are you wondering where number five will fit in? Either way, I'm thrilled by this news. Ask darky about the hours I spent ranting/raving/complaining/griping/but-somehow-enjoying Star Ocean 4.

Also, I forgot to mention that my HD Noire review is up. I also mentioned my/our thoughts on the PSN trophy website. If you want to have a look. ^^

desocietas

« Reply #6821 on: April 14, 2015, 11:57:09 am »

Frog Fractions 2 completed funding for their Kickstarter... We'll see if a game comes out of it.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

argyle

« Reply #6822 on: April 14, 2015, 01:03:26 pm »
Man, MKX is hitting pretty hard w/ the DLC it seems. I'm not 100% anti-DLC, I think it can (and has) been done right where it's a benefit to both the developer and the consumer.  But charging $30 for 4 characters ( :o )on day 1 plus patching down how many "koins" you earn so they can sell a $20 "krypt unlock" pack is ridiculous.   >:(  Wake me when the "Komplete" edition releases next year. And I may just buy that one used.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6823 on: April 14, 2015, 01:21:10 pm »
kash - nice job on the review, I just read + rec'd it!

argyle - you're preaching to the choir with (the majority) of DLC being handled, bundled, priced, released, and sold the way that it usually is  >:(

kashell

« Reply #6824 on: April 14, 2015, 02:04:12 pm »
Thanks, dark!

The DLC issue in Mortal Kombat doesn't surprise me. They did it with Street Fighter, BlazBlue, and even the new Guilty Gear. That said, I don't think the prices for those three were as outrageous as the new MK's. That's ridiculous.

What's even more ridiculous is that people still play that series. ^.~