Author Topic: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:  (Read 1650125 times)

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

Re: VGC's Anonymous/"General" Topic:
« Reply #7830 on: August 11, 2015, 12:09:05 pm »
Can a friend take her in for two days? If I was local, I would take her in for a few days.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #7831 on: August 11, 2015, 12:12:55 pm »
Can a friend take her in for two days? If I was local, I would take her in for a few days.

I thought about that. There are a few people I could ask, but I'd hate to bother them. @_@

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7832 on: August 11, 2015, 12:28:15 pm »

I thought about that. There are a few people I could ask, but I'd hate to bother them. @_@

That is what friends are for :). Friends help friends out.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

90snostalga

« Reply #7833 on: August 11, 2015, 12:33:30 pm »
I want to save up for a PS4 for my new place but I keep looking at these 4k ultra hd tvs and how pretty they look  :(...although I have a 30" standard for old skool games, a 55" 1080p for 360, ps3, etc, I'm so wanting the 4k for even newer stuff......too much technology

desocietas

« Reply #7834 on: August 11, 2015, 01:41:11 pm »
This Monster Hunter Diary commercial is adorable.

I saw a screenshot of this but had no idea it was a whole MH spinoff series! So cute! I want to play it one day  :o
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

rayne315

« Reply #7835 on: August 11, 2015, 01:45:41 pm »
I want to save up for a PS4 for my new place but I keep looking at these 4k ultra hd tvs and how pretty they look  :(...although I have a 30" standard for old skool games, a 55" 1080p for 360, ps3, etc, I'm so wanting the 4k for even newer stuff......too much technology

If it helps you any 4k tv's are pretty much a waste of money. The tv litterally displays at a resolution that is higher than that of the human eye. the tv is around 8.3 mega pixels and the human eye tops out roughly at 7.6 mega pixels in a 2-4 degree field in the exact center of your vision. Any farther out from that 2-4 degrees drops the resolution by a large portion.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 01:50:00 pm by rayne315 »
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7836 on: August 11, 2015, 02:29:49 pm »

If it helps you any 4k tv's are pretty much a waste of money. The tv litterally displays at a resolution that is higher than that of the human eye. the tv is around 8.3 mega pixels and the human eye tops out roughly at 7.6 mega pixels in a 2-4 degree field in the exact center of your vision. Any farther out from that 2-4 degrees drops the resolution by a large portion.

BOOM! 
Dropping Knowledge Bombs!

rayne315

« Reply #7837 on: August 11, 2015, 04:24:29 pm »

BOOM! 
Dropping Knowledge Bombs!

also for those of you who dont know that 2-4 degree field of your best vision roughly equates to if you placed an average length spoon/fork at the end of your nose and placed a quarter/half dollar at the end of the spoon. (it varies from person to person and utensil to utensil)

Honestly if I were you 90snostalga and I wanted to buy a tv I would buy one of those curved tv's. It just seems like more of the image gets to your eye in the way nature intended than not, making your viewing experience more immersive.

EDIT:
Also if you'd like to know the brain can percieve at between 50 and 80fps. (for a fluid video only 46 fps is necisary to trick the brain to think its a moving image with no lag) The average person can percieve roughly 60-65 (which is why high end tv's display at this) but we are extreamly sensative to change and can notice a single frame of lag in 90 fps.

So in summary anything higher than ~7 mega-pixels with anything higher than 60fps with 0 frames of lag is what i would consider a waste of money.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 05:24:11 pm by rayne315 »

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

foxhack

« Reply #7838 on: August 11, 2015, 05:20:19 pm »
60 FPS TV screens that blend lower frame rate video to make it look like it's running at 60 FPS make me want to puke.

I don't know why, they just do.

rayne315

« Reply #7839 on: August 11, 2015, 05:34:56 pm »
60 FPS TV screens that blend lower frame rate video to make it look like it's running at 60 FPS make me want to puke.

I don't know why, they just do.

Probobly because this creates lag (frame rate drop) by either reusing the exact same frames with no difference so it will run at 60 fps but you will only get ~40 different frames in those 60 frames for cheeper tv's. Or because they compare the 2 images on 2 frames and create all the frames between them with images that are exacly between sometimes causing unintended motion (a fast moving object will blend in with the background litteraly or in other terms motion blur)

Lol I research in depth all my large purchases before I buy them.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 05:54:06 pm by rayne315 »

XIII
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #7840 on: August 11, 2015, 06:23:45 pm »
I'm going to be selling my "region switch" modded Orange GameCube. The only problem is that I don't know how much to ask for it. Any ideas? To be clear it's just the system; no cables or controllers. The console is a Japanese system that I've modded to play North American games via a slide switch on the back of the unit. That way you can always go back and play Japanese games if you desire.

maximo310

« Reply #7841 on: August 11, 2015, 06:40:25 pm »
I'm going to be selling my "region switch" modded Orange GameCube. The only problem is that I don't know how much to ask for it. Any ideas? To be clear it's just the system; no cables or controllers. The console is a Japanese system that I've modded to play North American games via a slide switch on the back of the unit. That way you can always go back and play Japanese games if you desire.
Usually I've seen it priced at $40-60 on average for chipped Gamecubes.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7842 on: August 12, 2015, 05:25:52 am »
smh @ my

"gutter bruddas"

+

not a single joke about kash & his fair-weather love for his pussy :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

kashell

« Reply #7843 on: August 12, 2015, 08:18:01 am »
smh @ my

"gutter bruddas"

+

I guess this would be a case of Pussy Control?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7844 on: August 12, 2015, 09:03:38 am »
smh @ my

"gutter bruddas"

+

I guess this would be a case of Pussy Control?

Control or neglect?!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"