Author Topic: Megaman X Street Fighter?  (Read 1514 times)

jcalder8

Megaman X Street Fighter?
« on: December 09, 2012, 12:38:46 pm »
This is just bizarre!

scott

Re: Megaman X Street Fighter?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 01:43:49 pm »
I saw a link to this on capcom's twitter. Its kinda a cruel joke
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

foxhack

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 02:01:05 pm »
Capcom didn't even make it! This was done by a fan. They just decided to slap their name on it and make it "legal".

Assholes.

scott

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 02:13:51 pm »
Yup. cause Capcom doesn't care about Mega Man anymore. But they pulled the wool over a bunch of fans eyes with this one, didn't they.

jobocan

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 02:16:18 pm »
Capcom didn't even make it! This was done by a fan. They just decided to slap their name on it and make it "legal".

Assholes.

Yeah, this is something that's really annoying me with this project. This is something Capcom themselves should have made, as a true 25th anniversary project for both of their biggest franchises, instead they did... basically nothing for either, and I'm not counting that overpriced pack they released for SF :P

Not to say anything bad about the fans' work, the game does look excellent, but this is mind-blowingly stupid on Capcom's part.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 10:56:35 pm »
Wait, wait. Capcom gives us all a fantastic tribute game for the fans with amazing chip-tune remakes of fantastic SFII songs, spot on controls, and all the charm and love from the 8-bit era...and you guys are bitching about it?! Really? IT'S FREE!!! And it's still good. Who cares if it was made by fan as long as it's good.

scott

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 11:01:27 pm »
I think the biggest thing that people had a problem with is that they had cool projects going, then they cancelled them and dropped a shitty iOS game and then had this PC only download release to "celebrate" Mega Man's anniversary.

jobocan

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 08:08:39 am »
The problem is that Capcom didn't put any effort into actually celebrating their 2 biggest franchises. Instead they found a fan project that did just that, and put their name on it, disguising it as a "free present for the fans", when their only involvement being slapping their logo on it. But it's not just this that people are bitching about it, of course, it's a culmination of horrible decisions by Capcom in the last 3-4 years (especially in regards to MegaMan), and for some people this is the straw that broke the camel's back (I think the camel's back broke LONG before this though).

That said, I did play through it yesterday and it's pretty fun. The level design isn't at the caliber of the NES games and the game is pretty easy, but the concept and execution is solid. I like the idea of adding ultra attacks to the boss fights and most of them are actually fun to fight (except Ryu who is way too easy).

foxhack

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2012, 02:44:45 pm »
Wait, wait. Capcom gives us all a fantastic tribute game for the fans with amazing chip-tune remakes of fantastic SFII songs, spot on controls, and all the charm and love from the 8-bit era...and you guys are bitching about it?! Really? IT'S FREE!!! And it's still good. Who cares if it was made by fan as long as it's good.
Capcom did shit. They took the work of two people and released the stuff under their name. Who knows if they even paid them.

But anyway, here's the game's OST.

http://rivalrivalrival.bandcamp.com/album/street-fighter-x-mega-man-ost

It's technically free to download, but please consider chipping in a few bucks.