Author Topic: Item Numbers  (Read 1075 times)

artikskarab

Item Numbers
« on: December 10, 2012, 11:21:01 pm »
Quick Question: If an article has multiple Item Numbers, which one(s) should be written? If only one, which one has priority?
(As an exemple, Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition has the number 1952507 for Disc 1, 1952517 for Disc 2, 1952511 for the box and 1952505 for the manual)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 11:33:38 pm by artikskarab »
Crying does not show your weakness... Crying means you have the strength to accept all of your emotions!
Now playing: Ratchet & Clank Collection - PS3

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Item Numbers
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 09:57:23 am »
Quick Question: If an article has multiple Item Numbers, which one(s) should be written? If only one, which one has priority?
(As an exemple, Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition has the number 1952507 for Disc 1, 1952517 for Disc 2, 1952511 for the box and 1952505 for the manual)

Good question.

I'm a bit fuzzy about this when it comes to adding strategy-guides, as it looks to me like they often have (2) ISBN #'s...which also can appear to be the same # as the item #...can anyone give me some clarification on guides & their #'s?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

foxhack

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 05:21:58 pm »
I always add what's on the spine. If there's nothing on the spine, then what's on the back of the box, usually above the UPC. If there's no code there, then I don't add a thing.

Also: People, don't forget to add the dashes to your PS1/2/3/PSP game codes! The format should be ABCD-12345.

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 04:56:30 pm »
Good question.

I'm a bit fuzzy about this when it comes to adding strategy-guides, as it looks to me like they often have (2) ISBN #'s...which also can appear to be the same # as the item #...can anyone give me some clarification on guides & their #'s?

I had always presumed that one was for Canada and one was for the US since they have distinct price markings reflecting the different currencies over each....  Both seem to use UPC-A type barcodes but I figured the UPC add-on version ones were distinctly US....

scott

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 05:06:55 pm »
Another thing, to add to what Foxhack said.

Make sure you add UPC code w/o spaces between the numbers. I think Matt has something in the works for UPC codes, but needs UPC codes to be spaceless. :)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 05:32:23 pm »
Good question.

I had always presumed that one was for Canada and one was for the US since they have distinct price markings reflecting the different currencies over each....  Both seem to use UPC-A type barcodes but I figured the UPC add-on version ones were distinctly US....

That's most likely what it is...but...the bar-code & the Item # are still the same number(s) then, right?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

foxhack

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2012, 07:09:46 pm »
Also, UPC CODES ARE TWELVE DIGITS. Not ten. Not thirteen. Well, unless you're in Europe or Japan, but that isn't a UPC, it's an EAN/JAN.