Author Topic: The Comic Book Thread  (Read 43145 times)

90snostalga

Re: The Comic Book Thread
« Reply #105 on: June 24, 2014, 03:48:53 pm »
Dang! Are the pics gargantuan sized for you too? They weren't that big when I originally posted them.

Lol.  Some were normal size and some were enormous.  All mixed up.  I thought you used two different upload sites or something

90snostalga

« Reply #106 on: June 24, 2014, 03:51:10 pm »
Oh and I have to ask did you make up that word "gargantuan" up?  lol

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #107 on: June 24, 2014, 08:48:30 pm »
I used Image Shack, which is now a pay-site (wasn't back then). So I can't do much about them being that size, anymore.

dstone

PRO Supporter

« Reply #108 on: July 24, 2014, 02:15:58 am »
Anybody else wondering around out here at Comic Con?

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #109 on: July 24, 2014, 12:57:29 pm »
Anybody else wondering around out here at Comic Con?
not until it comes to New York

« Reply #110 on: July 24, 2014, 06:07:51 pm »
Can I post about Manga here or should I make a new thread? 
Colton Kelsey
コルトンケルシー

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #111 on: July 24, 2014, 06:36:37 pm »
All comics are welcome.

jcalder8

« Reply #112 on: July 24, 2014, 08:56:23 pm »
Has anyone here checked out the Sonic Legacy Volumes? If so how are they?
I am thinking about picking them up.

jcalder8

« Reply #113 on: July 30, 2014, 11:22:49 pm »
It'll mean cutting back on on games for a month but I am going to buy the Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus. I read the Infinity Gauntlet series growing up but I never finished it. This looks like an amazing collection!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2014, 11:57:36 am »
It'll mean cutting back on on games for a month but I am going to buy the Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus. I read the Infinity Gauntlet series growing up but I never finished it. This looks like an amazing collection!

Don't pay that much for the Omnibus, you're getting ripped off. The original issues are dirt-cheap, like most 90s issues are. Go here, all you have to do is make a profile an have a PayPal account, you don't need to software or anything to buy comics, you'll get all the issues for like a $1 a piece, if you pick the right sellers (I recommend Bamf's, Divide and Conquer, or Edgewood Comics):

http://www.comiccollectorlive.com

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #115 on: August 04, 2014, 03:03:33 am »

Finished reading these today on my car trip back home from Santa Cruz. Better than I expected.

The first one has the original crew and X-Men tracking down Gary Mitchell who has merged with Proteus to create the ultimate reality-altering being that takes the combined might, intellect, and technology of TOS crew and the X-Men to defeat.

The second one takes places literally moments after Star Trek: First Contact ends. The TNG crew tries to return home from the past where The Borg tried to stop humans from making First Contact, but an anomaly sends them back to the X-Men's time, instead. Turns out that Kang is using them as pawns in his latest scheme for chronal conquest. This one touches on some serious moment's in both team's histories including the Battle of Wolf 459 and Days of Future Past.

I want to pick things up where they left off at the end. The final panel ends in a cliffhanger, and says to be continued in the Star Trek/X-Men: Planet X novel. Anyone ever read this novel? Is it any good? Worth picking up?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #116 on: August 06, 2014, 12:26:43 am »

This came out today, went to Barnes and Noble and picked up my copy.

Great story, that feels VERY Jim Starlin. He knows these characters inside and out.

However, at the same time, it was a bit of a let-down because it felt like it was just a lead-in to something bigger coming on the horizon. The bright side being that if that's true, than I can't wait for a new Jim Starlin event!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 12:31:14 am by burningdoom »

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #117 on: August 06, 2014, 01:35:44 am »
I once read the Infinity Gauntlet series a few years back and my brother has the game of it.  Always went with Spider-Man and still somewhat remember his ending, too.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #118 on: August 31, 2014, 04:48:05 am »
Yesterday i got this painting from a favorite comic book artist of mine Jorg de Vos.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #119 on: October 19, 2014, 01:48:55 pm »
Between the 3-D covers from DC, all the sketch covers, the foil-covers in Death of Wolverine, and variant of the month deal DC is doing; it seems gimmick covers are in full-swing again like it's 1994 all over.

What do you think of them? Are you on board? Or are you in the camp of it being nothing more than cheap cash-ins?

Personally, I've always liked a good chromium, foil, or hologram cover. I was a child of the 90s, so it was aimed right at my age group. However, I feel that anytime they do one of these, a cheaper newsstand edition should always be made available for those that don't want to pay the extra dollar or two.

That said, let's see more! I haven't seen any newer holograms yet from the big-two.