Author Topic: The Comic Book Thread  (Read 40680 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: The Comic Book Thread
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2014, 07:31:26 pm »
Bought and added these to my collection:

from 90snostalga.   ;D

Those Spider-Man hologram covers are beautiful. Congrats! :) There's 4 of them, 1 for each Spider-Man title running at the time.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2014, 08:20:54 pm »

My latest purchase. It's the TPB. Can't wait for it to get here. I've been wanting to read this baby for quite a while, now.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2014, 06:16:56 pm »

The story is good, I just don't like the cover.  Still, the Captain Universe Spider-Man costume is amazing!

Please check out the games I have for sale.

« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2014, 08:46:49 pm »
The only comics I ever got into were the simpsons comics (when I was a kid) and Deadpool. I've been meaning to read Watchmen since the movie came out because I heard the comic book was much better.

I've always had trouble getting into U.S. comics. The whole idea of the Marvel and DC universes really turns me away. I don't like the idea that the superheroes are constantly being re-written and many of the different characters are intertwined like a giant ball of tangled cords.

foxhack

« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2014, 09:48:41 pm »
Today I went to a local comic book bazaar event with a buddy of mine. I ended up selling some things, but I bought some bad comics too. XD

http://foxhack.tumblr.com/post/82534194870/so-today-i-visited-a-small-comic-book-bazaar

A better writeup is there.

I just dug through my old posts and it seems I'm missing Cinacros #4. Nooooooooo. :(

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2014, 10:10:25 pm »

The story is good, I just don't like the cover.  Still, the Captain Universe Spider-Man costume is amazing!

I remember this one. I liked it. He was tough enough to take out Magneto and even the Power Cosmic-endowed Firelord during this time.

90snostalga

« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2014, 10:05:30 am »
I'm tired of these sitting in my room and I dont read or collect comics.  They need a home to go to.  They are free if anyone wants them?

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2014, 01:10:34 am »
I would love to have them!

90snostalga

« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2014, 09:31:58 am »
I would love to have them!

I got you MJMaranan!   :)  Just give me maybe 2 weeks max and I'll have these out to you.  Same address as last time?

« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2014, 04:13:52 pm »
I use to be more into comics, like I started with Sonic the Hedgehog alot as a kid, still like that series (Been thinking of getting the issues again back starting around #50 if I can) and I did a lot of the Marvel stuff with some DC.  I still have two boxes of comics and another box I'm trying to sell, but I like to grab some graphic novels every so often.  The only thing I've bought recently was the first two volumes of The Suicide Squad, the new 52 version.  It's not too bad, though I don't care for Harley's backstory in it.  I thought for sure she was basically just wearing makeup or something for the white face, but Joker instead after they escape dumps her into the same stuff that warped him, which was still around, and instead of exactly the same or being a fluke, it turns her hair perfectly split colors and also the pale white skin? It just makes no sense to me lol

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2014, 12:50:41 am »
I got you MJMaranan!   :)  Just give me maybe 2 weeks max and I'll have these out to you.  Same address as last time?
Yes, please.  Please PM me your PayPal e-mail address so that I could help with the shipping.

tpugmire

« Reply #86 on: May 03, 2014, 02:10:37 pm »
I just got done from participating in my first Free Comic Book Day event in about 10 years. It sure is a bigger deal than it used to be.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2014, 02:41:46 pm »

For those still nursing hang-overs and not quite with the rest of us yet, that's today. Check out your local comic shop for free goodies and comics, and usually big sales.

I picked up some free issues today already. Going back after 3 p.m. when they let you come back and take as much as you want of what's left. (They only let you pick out 2 at first, so I got the DC New 52 Future's End and Guardians of the Galaxy ones, first.)

Saw a guy fully decked-out as Deadpool. And he did a damn good job on the costume.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 02:44:25 pm by burningdoom »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2014, 11:40:48 am »

I recently bought most of the entire Doom 2099 issues and tie-ins for cheap not too long ago, and I've been reading it and really enjoying it.

Well I just started getting through the highly-recommended Warren Ellis issues which begins with issue #26 (in the pic). I'm up to about issue #33 when Alchemex makes their own Captain America to stand against Doom.

And I've got to say, I'm QUITE disappointed. I think Warren Ellis's run on this series is praised for no other reason than it's Warren Ellis. Because his run hasn't been nearly as good as the 25 issues prior.

He's going for this big, epic storyline where Doom takes control of America. The problem is that while he's reaching for this great epic storyline for the 2099 Universe, he's completely lost the character of Doom. Instead of being the fully-fleshed out character that was neither fully hero nor fully villain that I had read for the last 25 issues, Doom becomes a stale archetype of his old villain self (and I mean "stale", because when villain Doom is written right, he's an amazing villain). Ellis also immediately kills off two main-characters in Prophet and Wire when he takes over, which is another big disappointment. And while that cover looks great, the inner-artwork definitely took a dive.

I'm gonna keep reading this until the end, and hope there's a big pay-off. But all those people praising Warren Ellis's run on Doom 2099, have really disappointed me. I wish they would have kept the old creative team around to end this series.

spac316

« Reply #89 on: May 07, 2014, 10:21:14 pm »
I picked up a few comic books on Free CB day. Sonic/Mega Man X, Transformers v GI Joe, The Tick and The Simpson's. I'm not big on Comic books but free stuff is free stuff!