Author Topic: The Comic Book Thread  (Read 38823 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: The Comic Book Thread
« Reply #90 on: May 08, 2014, 01:12:09 pm »
I picked up a few comic books on Free CB day. Sonic/Mega Man X, Transformers v GI Joe, The Tick and The Simpson's. I'm not big on Comic books but free stuff is free stuff!

Indeed. But please don't judge comics based on your FCBD additions. Those are written as free comics, so you don't get as much of a quality story or as much content as you would a normal cover price comic.

spac316

« Reply #91 on: May 08, 2014, 11:59:18 pm »
I picked up a few comic books on Free CB day. Sonic/Mega Man X, Transformers v GI Joe, The Tick and The Simpson's. I'm not big on Comic books but free stuff is free stuff!

Indeed. But please don't judge comics based on your FCBD additions. Those are written as free comics, so you don't get as much of a quality story or as much content as you would a normal cover price comic.
Yeah, I'm aware.

« Reply #92 on: May 10, 2014, 04:52:33 pm »
Most of my favorites are pretty cliche but that's because I've only been reading comics for less than a year. I read lots of Batman and also enjoy the Watchmen (obviously a Rorschach fan). I don't exactly know why, but I really enjoy reading anything with Dick Grayson in it too. From some of the older Justice League stuff I think Green Arrow is kinda badass. Hawkeye has been great in the new series.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #93 on: May 10, 2014, 05:50:28 pm »
Are there still Moon Knight comics?  I read some of those when I was a kid and remember really liking them.  I might have to look into that.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #94 on: May 10, 2014, 06:43:35 pm »
Yep:

« Reply #95 on: May 25, 2014, 11:10:44 pm »
I'm a huge fan of dark horse and image comics, I love the goon, chew, nightly news, sam & twitch, gangland, wire hangers. I love anything hulk and joker which are the only marvel and dc comics I really like.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #96 on: May 25, 2014, 11:40:04 pm »
90snostalga gave me X-Men: Bloodties Parts 2-4...

So awesome!  Both him and the comics.  Mostly him!

Please check out the games I have for sale.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #97 on: May 26, 2014, 12:00:53 am »
^ Great storyline. Fatal Attractions would be a good read to go with that, too. It explains why the Acolytes are without Magneto.

MJMaranan

PRO Supporter

« Reply #98 on: June 08, 2014, 10:58:48 pm »

Another multi-part comic book that I forgot I had.  Loved the look of Spider-Man with a cybernetic arm, even if the arm is meant for medical healing purposes only...  As I remember.

Please check out the games I have for sale.

90snostalga

« Reply #99 on: June 24, 2014, 01:34:59 am »
I'm just curious.  Do you guys have pictures of your comic collections?  Like we have the gaming room pics.  Any comics room pics?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #100 on: June 24, 2014, 12:23:43 pm »
I'm just curious.  Do you guys have pictures of your comic collections?  Like we have the gaming room pics.  Any comics room pics?

You can see some of mine in my game room pics, here:

http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,271.255.html

90snostalga

« Reply #101 on: June 24, 2014, 01:58:25 pm »

Thanks Doom.  Nice pics!  I never scrolled that far on that listing.  I love the posters and stuff.  Do you have the comics organized in a particular order, or just any way in those boxes?

Do you ever watch your VHS movies?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 02:53:34 pm by 90snostalga »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #102 on: June 24, 2014, 02:57:34 pm »

Thanks Doom.  Nice pics!  I never scrolled that far on that listing.  I love the posters and stuff.  Do you have the comics organized in a particular order, or just any way in those boxes?

Thanks.

The comics are arranged alphabetically by title, and then within the title their in number order.

Yeah, I watch my VHS movies, why own them if I didn't?

90snostalga

« Reply #103 on: June 24, 2014, 03:18:16 pm »

Thanks.

The comics are arranged alphabetically by title, and then within the title their in number order.

Yeah, I watch my VHS movies, why own them if I didn't?

I didn't know if you just collected them.  I have a lot of tapes that I just want to collect but never plan to watch so just wondering.  But your room is very awesome!  I wish I was your neighbor so I could borrow your room every day  ;)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #104 on: June 24, 2014, 03:30:12 pm »
Dang! Are the pics gargantuan sized for you too? They weren't that big when I originally posted them.