Author Topic: Favorite Game Areas or Regions  (Read 2552 times)

Favorite Game Areas or Regions
« on: December 23, 2012, 11:41:58 am »
Hey all, I wanted to know, what are your favorite game areas, regions, places etc. Hyrule would be an example. If you asked me, my favorite would be Kaholint Island and Wuhu Island. I love island atmospheres A LOT. Anyways, voice off your favorites below.

soera

Re: Favorite Game Areas or Regions
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 11:46:25 am »
Alefgard is a high favorite of mine as is Tourian. :) Outworld is another!

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 01:55:14 pm »
The Netherworld, of course!
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 01:59:21 pm »
Sorry for being a bit broad with these, but I'd be here all day if I went into detail! Vana'diel (FFXI), Ivalice (any/all) and PSO's levels are some of my favourite places :)

pacpix

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 02:08:24 pm »
My favorite would have to be Hyrule!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

scott

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 05:28:52 pm »
OK, well in normal Scott fashion I can't pick one so... AC2 Italy, Azeroth (pre-Cataclysm & the Kara and ZG raid areas), Capital Wasteland, FFVII Golden Saucer, GTA III era Liberty City & Vice City, Vanadiel.

I'm sure there is more too.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

ffxik

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2012, 06:15:39 pm »
Sorry for being a bit broad with these, but I'd be here all day if I went into detail! Vana'diel (FFXI), Ivalice (any/all) and PSO's levels are some of my favourite places :)

I absolutely loved just running around in FFXI.  Sadly I haven't been able to play the last several years.  My favorite place though would have to be The Sanctuary of Zi'Tah

This game not only had beautiful landscapes but a nice soundtrack to go with it.

I quit right before the server merge (Remora) and even now just hearing the music to the game makes me miss it and the friends I made along the way.  You can keep your World of Warcraft. I don't need such a shallow game as that.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 06:27:20 pm by ffxik »

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2012, 10:12:40 pm »
Silent Hill Atmospheric and terrifying, South Town perfect fighting game area, crime, dictator just an all around shitty place to be. By the way gecko dig the Kaitei Daisensou pic.

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2012, 12:38:54 am »

I absolutely loved just running around in FFXI.  Sadly I haven't been able to play the last several years.  My favorite place though would have to be The Sanctuary of Zi'Tah

Yes! Zi'Tah's really beautiful, loved being there. The one piece of music that really gets me is the good old Windurst theme - I can't hear that without thinking of resubscribing (Taru forever!) :/

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2012, 10:33:19 am »
Apparently I live in silent hill:

Taken about a month ago.

anton

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2012, 11:22:03 am »
Azeroth (pre-Cataclysm & the Kara and ZG raid areas)
This.
It's one of the main reason why i stopped playing WoW.
They changed the whole game. I miss our old areas.

/off

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2012, 11:59:32 am »
Apparently I live in silent hill:

Taken about a month ago.

Hah!

That's *Nothing* compared to pictures of where I live, from a month ago :(
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

ffxik

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2012, 03:49:40 am »

Yes! Zi'Tah's really beautiful, loved being there. The one piece of music that really gets me is the good old Windurst theme - I can't hear that without thinking of resubscribing (Taru forever!) :/

Ah good ol' Windurst Was'n't my favorite city but I didn't hate it.  I left that to Aht Urhgan.  I hated nothing more than finding out the shop keeps had been kidnapped from a failed Besieged.  That would always burn my biscuits especially traveling for better part of 30 mins just to get there. 

My main was aligned with San d'Oria.  I just really liked the vibe from that one. 

I wouldn't mind having another go of it.  If I could actually not let become the life sucking sponge it was before.  I liked the game a lot.  I quit because it was starting to interfere with my real life too much.

jcalder8

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2012, 07:32:15 pm »
Lara Croft around the chest "area" :D

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2012, 12:09:01 am »

Ah good ol' Windurst Was'n't my favorite city but I didn't hate it.  I left that to Aht Urhgan.  I hated nothing more than finding out the shop keeps had been kidnapped from a failed Besieged.  That would always burn my biscuits especially traveling for better part of 30 mins just to get there. 

My main was aligned with San d'Oria.  I just really liked the vibe from that one. 

I wouldn't mind having another go of it.  If I could actually not let become the life sucking sponge it was before.  I liked the game a lot.  I quit because it was starting to interfere with my real life too much.

San d'Oria was my second favourite, then Jeuno, then Bastok. Only went to Aht Urghan a few times (sorry, I'm something of an enthusiastic casual when it comes  to FFXI) but I didn't mind it.