Author Topic: Types of games you'd like to see  (Read 8388 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Types of games you'd like to see
« on: December 31, 2012, 09:01:40 pm »
What types of games would you like to see made? 
Personally, I would love for there to be a sequel to Super Mario Bros. 2.  I've been playing it a lot lately and wish there was a modern version of it.  People shit on it a lot, but SMB 2 is a great game.  I love that you can pick a different character with a different ability. 

What have you been hoping for?

sin2beta

Re: Types of games you'd like to see
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 09:19:02 pm »
I would love to see light gun games come back.

Shenmue HD and Shenmue 3.

I want a Panzer Dragoon HD collection.

I want to see a Zombies Ate My Neighbors remake.

I would like a Super Smash TV remake. (Even as a FPS, I think that would be sweet. First person, massive weapons, hundreds of mutants, 4 minutes to survive, go for the high score)

I'd like to see a Telltale take on Maniac Mansion. And just for my own enjoyment I would like to see them take on Night Trap. Seriously... that would be awesome.

Most of these would end up being silly and probably pretty bad. But I'd still like to see them.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

soera

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 09:28:58 pm »
I want to see 8-16 bit style RPGs returned. Hopefully Ni No Kuni brings back that feeling that I miss from playing games like Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI. Ive looked at the games people call RPGs now and it blows my mind as to what they were thinking.

sin2beta

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 09:38:36 pm »
I want to see 8-16 bit style RPGs returned. Hopefully Ni No Kuni brings back that feeling that I miss from playing games like Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI. Ive looked at the games people call RPGs now and it blows my mind as to what they were thinking.

Have you checked out Pier Solar? It is literally a new 16-bit RPG. They put amazing detail into making it feel like you just got a completely new genesis game as well. The packaging is top notch.

http://www.piersolar.com/
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 10:49:22 pm »
I want to see a whole lot of Sega Saturn bullet hell shooters that are new come out. The only problem is for people to figure the console out.

ffxik

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 01:32:32 am »
I want to see a whole lot of Sega Saturn bullet hell shooters that are new come out. The only problem is for people to figure the console out.

I'll second that.

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 02:06:31 am »
I second Smash TV something kind of like Serious Sam if it were to be done as an FPS
New Metroid, I think they kind of had the right idea with Other M gameplay-wise but a better long story would be nice.
New 2D or even 2.5D Castlevania thats not that clusterfuck "metroidvania" style but traditional.
Maybe a completely new SNK fighting game
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 02:34:46 am by kingrat101 »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 10:24:05 am »
#1 = A NEW Shadow Hearts game for the PS3 (Don't care if it's on any other consoles, or not:)

#2 = A HD-Compilation of the 3 existing Shadow Hearts games (w/ Koudelka HD as an un-lockable:)

#3 = A New, HD Dark Cloud game :)

#4 = THE LAST GUARDIAN; God-damnit  >:(

#5 = The HD "Re-master" of FF-X that was *only* announced; like, forever-ago!

#6 = Persona 5 *NOT* on a hand-held  ;)

#7 = A PS3-release for *EVERY* RPG that only gets hand-held releases  :o

- I reserve the right to add to this if/as I think of more  8)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 11:22:17 am »
A Devil May Cry game not made by Ninja Theory

byron

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2013, 12:58:24 pm »
A game starring Waluigi.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2013, 12:59:39 pm »
I just posted this in the "Anonymous" sticky-thread right before this thread was created, but it fits perfectly into this thread. So I guess I'll just copy that post over here:

I'd love to see a good JRPG, with the mythology and art-style of Western RPGs.

Like I want it to have the traditional experience, level-up, and menu-based battle system of a JRPG, but I want to see creatures and artwork from a Western sensibility. I want to see some bad-ass looking warriors, evil-looking mages, huge fire-breathing dragons, Elves, Orcs, Dwarves, Trolls, etc. And I want to see a Western art-style, rather than a Manga-influenced art-style.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2013, 01:25:56 pm »
I just posted this in the "Anonymous" sticky-thread right before this thread was created, but it fits perfectly into this thread. So I guess I'll just copy that post over here:

LOL!

Yeah - I laughed when I noticed your timimg w/ that post in the "Anonymous" thread...then seeing this one - I actually thought that you'd just, mistakenly, responded to that thread in the other one :P

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2013, 02:43:58 pm »
I just posted this in the "Anonymous" sticky-thread right before this thread was created, but it fits perfectly into this thread.

That's because I ripped off your idea.   ;D

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2013, 03:31:46 pm »
I just posted this in the "Anonymous" sticky-thread right before this thread was created, but it fits perfectly into this thread.

That's because I ripped off your idea.   ;D

;D

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2013, 07:27:33 pm »
timesplitters in HD
a star wars battle front game
final fantasy VII in HD
a skitchin remake
a road rash remake

doubt any of these will happen thou