Author Topic: Camp out  (Read 2253 times)

soera

Camp out
« on: January 07, 2013, 05:06:31 pm »
Im not sure how many of you guys are members of NA or anything ... but there is something coming up next year that I would like to see if any of the VGC members here are interested in. http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=32&threadid=85973

Im going to be there as its 20 minutes from my house and the guy who is hosting is a really cool guy. If you guys are interested, let me know and Ill let him know to expect a few extras.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

Re: Camp out
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 05:58:14 pm »
Im not sure how many of you guys are members of NA or anything ... but there is something coming up next year that I would like to see if any of the VGC members here are interested in. http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=32&threadid=85973

Im going to be there as its 20 minutes from my house and the guy who is hosting is a really cool guy. If you guys are interested, let me know and Ill let him know to expect a few extras.

Having worked as a drug counselor for years...I saw "NA"...and...I'm glad that you used the word "hosted" instead of "sponsored"; thought you were on your way to a meeting :P
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

jobocan

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 06:42:27 pm »
2500 kilometers away... sorry, don't think I'll make it :P
Sounds fun though.

soera

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 09:36:27 pm »
Well, sonofa bitch, apparently something come up and he just cancelled the whole thing. I waited months to post this and I should have just waited a few more hours.

scott

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 09:38:52 pm »
Really? Hasn't this been a yearly thing, for a while now?

That kinda sucks that he had to up and cancel it though. Of course I wouldn't have been able to make it, I would like to go to that Game Show you guys go to though.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 09:53:03 pm »
Yeah its been held every year but at someone else's place every time. That guy isnt able to do it this year so my buddy was going to host this time. Havent been able to find out yet what happened.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 10:58:42 pm »
Completely off topic:
Is there going to be that Oklahoma game expo this year?  When and where is it? I might make the trek.

soera

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 11:05:31 pm »
There is supposed to be one. I went last year ... Id like to go again this year too. Ill find out asap if there is one.

scott

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 11:20:25 pm »
I think that dstone said something about it being a lot later this year. But I'm totally down for a road trip to check it out!
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

sin2beta

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 12:32:06 am »
Completely off topic:
Is there going to be that Oklahoma game expo this year?  When and where is it? I might make the trek.

Still off topic: I've noticed a lot of people from Oklahoma on the site and collecting games in general. Whenever I moved here from the Denver/Boulder area I was also kind of amazed at the massive amount of comic shops. People in Oklahoma like to collect old stuff.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 10:03:40 am »
There is supposed to be one. I went last year ... Id like to go again this year too. Ill find out asap if there is one.

Is it in Tulsa or OKC? Either way, it's about 6 hours.  I can make it.  I really want to try one of these expos out.

darko

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 10:43:37 am »

Is it in Tulsa or OKC? Either way, it's about 6 hours.  I can make it.  I really want to try one of these expos out.

It's in Tulsa.

On a side note, OK is a great place to collect video games. I'm not into comic books, but I've seen some shops. Texas and Arkansas also have a very nice range of vintage gaming stores. I've heard that Kansas and Missouri also have a lot of collectors. I would venture to guess that it has to do with the availability of disposable income in the center of the country.

ko1ru

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2013, 12:00:17 pm »
... I've heard that Kansas and Missouri also have a lot of collectors. I would venture to guess that it has to do with the availability of disposable income in the center of the country.

Missouri here.  *raises hand*

That, and it also has a lot to do with a profound lack of anything interesting to do.  :P

I'm definitely interested in this OK game expo thingie...  Can someone post some info?  Us VGCers could meet up and unite!   ;D

soera

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2013, 12:14:50 pm »
I sent an email to them last night so hopefully the moment a date is released I will know it and will get it out here asap so that a meet up could happen!