Author Topic: 100%ing games. How does it make you feel afterwards?  (Read 2694 times)

scott

100%ing games. How does it make you feel afterwards?
« on: June 24, 2011, 04:30:34 pm »
One of my friends posed this question to everyone he knows on Facebook. Thought it was interesting, so I'm posting it here. I believe he was talking more about modern games and achievements/trophies though. But anything goes really.

"Describe the feeling of when you first 100%'d a game. Fulfillment? Satisfaction? Regret?"
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

Re: 100%ing games. How does it make you feel afterwards?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 10:23:49 pm »
I.. am not sure I've ever 100%'d ANY game.. so I'd probably feel totally stoked.

Unless you count Castlevania: SotN, but 100% in that game is only like 50% and I am pretty sure I ended up with around 196% or something.  It's been a long time (just started a new game, as I lost that memory card years ago).  I'm just not a completionist on most games.  Reaching an ending (that doesn't involve me being dead) is my main goal.

jobocan

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 10:17:01 am »
I've only 100%d a few games (not counting games that 100%ing just means getting to the end)... FF4, DKC2, DKC3, SMRPG, Super Metroid, SMW, Kirby Super Star, LoZ: LttP, Star Fox 64, Banjo-Kazooie, Majora's Mask, Diddy Kong Racing, Pokemon Red/Blue... maybe a few more... There's 2 or 3 PS3 games that I got a platinum trophy for if that counts.

I don't... feel much when I do so. It's just for fun in the end. If I had fun doing it, then I'm happy.

scott

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 12:32:00 am »
I've 100% a few non-modern games, and then I've got a few 100% achievements on newer games. For me how I feel about it depends on the game. The old school games it was a matter of seeing if I could do it, and then it was like a "hell yeah!".

Then the new games like Assassin's Creed, I 100%'d  achievements after playing through the story a dozen or so times. It was a mix of love for the game and relief for finally finding all those damn flags. Of course there is Avatar and whoring the 1000 achievement points and going "really? are you kidding?"
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

darko

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 12:38:20 pm »
I don't know that I've ever 100%d a game since the SNES. I just don't have the drive to do it.