Author Topic: How often do you save?  (Read 1652 times)

jcalder8

How often do you save?
« on: January 12, 2013, 12:05:14 am »
When I have the option to save whenever I want in a game I try to do it every 5 minutes or less.

scott

Re: How often do you save?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 12:08:36 am »
I tend to save every time I come up to a save point, in games that only use save points.

In games I usually only save it every hour or so. Which has screwed me plenty of times. Sometimes I never actually save a regular file at all and have played on Auto-Saves only.

In games like Skyrim and Fallout 3, I save before every locked door, chest or terminal. Especially if I am low on lockpicks. I ALWAYS save a terminals, mainly because I am bad at puzzles and the word game they use really screws me over a lot of the time.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jcalder8

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 12:40:49 am »
I tend to save every time I come up to a save point, in games that only use save points.

In games I usually only save it every hour or so. Which has screwed me plenty of times. Sometimes I never actually save a regular file at all and have played on Auto-Saves only.
When I play games with save points I normally keep returning to them until I am able to single hit kill all the creatures in an area, at least with RPGs.

soera

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 12:58:06 am »
The big games Im thinking of are the hack and slash games (Baldur's Gate, Champions of Norrath). My buddy and I play and we save every time one is available ... most of the time right after a save point is a spot in which you wish you had saved!

pacpix

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 01:18:12 am »
I save way too often if given the choice. That is very noticeable when I play adventure games and I have a list of pointless saves within a room or two of each other.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 03:03:10 am »
I save constantly, to the point where it's pretty ridiculous. When I was younger my friend and I were going for a complete no hit 100 percent run of Crash Bandicoot 3... We didnt save, of course my sister comes into the room to get her blow dryer and accidentally unplugged my playstation. At the time we were devistated haha

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 10:08:43 am »
I'm overly careful like the rest of you.  I save every time I accomplish something, especially something difficult.
What's even crazier is when a friend of mine played through the King's Quest games in the late 90's we had a different save every time we did something.  It ended with a massive pile of saves with pretty creative names.

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, 11:50:30 am »
I save A LOT.  For instance, I save every time I get a blue coin in Super Mario Sunshine.

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, 12:11:27 pm »
I used to never save. I saved after I was done playing with the game, but then I found out the hard way that it was a bad idea. Oh, how many wasted hours of video gaming I have lost! Now, I save very often.

sin2beta

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2013, 08:45:18 pm »
I save all the time. This is actually a habit at work/school as well. When working on a program or document I automatically put in the keyboard shortcut for a save after most ideas/sentences.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

jobocan

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2013, 08:46:28 pm »
I forget to save, then I turn off the game without saving, and then I give up on the game after losing hours of progress.... that happens a lot more often than it should :P

jcalder8

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2013, 08:51:00 pm »
I forget to save, then I turn off the game without saving, and then I give up on the game after losing hours of progress.... that happens a lot more often than it should :P
That sucks!

foxhack

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2013, 11:54:00 pm »
I'm blessed with autosave.

scott

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2013, 11:57:29 pm »

I did that on Pokemon Black a few months ago. Hours of hunting down a hard to catch rare spawn and I went to the poke center, healed and shut it off... I was pissed at myself ha.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread