Author Topic: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y  (Read 3013 times)

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y
« on: January 12, 2013, 12:26:21 pm »
Anybody else here into newer Pokemon? If so, what are you opinions on the new Pokemon games from watching the trailer? I'm personally excited, I get excited at the beginning of every generation. Fan-boy issues  :P

Not too fond of the starters they showed, however I'll probably grow to like them. If you watch the trailer, I'm pretty sure I saw the Eiffel Tower in it. Maybe the game's setting is a place similar to England?

Anyway, here's a link to the trailer and let me know what you guys think. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNr6wQfNfK4

scott

Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 01:04:56 pm »
Oh I'm excited. I usually go w/ the fire starter, and I like this one for sure. Actually I really kinda like all 3 starters. It's so awesome that they are releasing the games worldwide at the same time too. I'll be getting them both, and running all 3 starters in my party as usual.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 01:06:54 pm by scott »
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jcalder8

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 01:23:42 pm »
If they have finally updated the battles I'll probably get these for Christmas!

So far I like the look of both the fire and water starter Pokemons(Pokemen?).

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 03:36:44 pm »
I'm going to get it and I planing on the fire starter. overall from what they showed the game looks good. I'm just hoping it'll be easy to get an Eevee early

sin2beta

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 09:14:53 pm »
Pokemon is always good.* So, I'm excited. I've only seen a little though. Red/blue is still one of my favorite games. And I do enjoy the new stuff as well.

* As long as you are not taking pictures, playing pinball, in a puzzle game, saying "Hey you, Pikachu!", or various other activities.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

karyann

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 12:40:54 am »
I love all the starters as well, but the legendaries are meh. I just can't wait to see the rest of the roster! And that new 3D style looks weird but nice, I'll have to see more of it before getting used I guess :P

scott

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 12:44:41 am »
I'm glad they finally are going three dimensional. I think if they were to go w/ sprites again, as much as I love them, I'd be totally disappointed. I also love the fully animated battles! So cool.

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2013, 01:11:52 am »
I'm a grass starter lover. Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treecko, Turtwig, and Snivy were always my starter Pokemen's. Now I'm debating throughout which one to pick. They got me there, haha.

I'm already predicting that a third one will eventually come out called Pokemon Z.

scott

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2013, 01:22:44 am »
I'm a grass starter lover. Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treecko, Turtwig, and Snivy were always my starter Pokemen's.

Ya I as the same with Fire starters. But starting w/ Platinum, I started running all 3. But in Black 2, I'm currently running an all Ghost team and loving it.

karyann

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2013, 09:16:41 pm »

I'm already predicting that a third one will eventually come out called Pokemon Z.

I won't bet on it, though. Lots of people were expecting a Pokémon Gray version, which never happened. I'm happy it didn't, though, because I kinda hated to buy the game on the first day, then people late to the party got to have an improved game. It defeats the purpose of being an early buyer if its a disadvantage. So I'm personally hoping for no Pokémon Z :P

sin2beta

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2013, 11:08:18 pm »

I won't bet on it, though. Lots of people were expecting a Pokémon Gray version, which never happened. I'm happy it didn't, though, because I kinda hated to buy the game on the first day, then people late to the party got to have an improved game. It defeats the purpose of being an early buyer if its a disadvantage. So I'm personally hoping for no Pokémon Z :P

Call me a sucker, but I tend to buy both the original and the improved game of pokemon. The "improved" version usually comes at a time when I don't mind revisiting the game. Pokemon seems to be the only series I can see doing that though (I'll never repurchase a game due to a GOTY edition for example).
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

scott

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2013, 11:16:57 pm »
Since I bought Platinum, and started playing Pokemon again. I've bought both versions and any "updated" versions of the games I can get my hands on. I agree, it seems like the only series that you can do that on, though I would buy GOTY editions of games if they come with all the DLC and it came out cheaper to do so, than buying the DLC outright.

jcalder8

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2013, 11:30:01 pm »
When I first saw X and Y I thought of male and female, I bet they could make even more money if all the pokemon in one game were male and in the other were female so you had to buy both to breed.

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2013, 11:26:37 am »
When I first saw X and Y I thought of male and female, I bet they could make even more money if all the pokemon in one game were male and in the other were female so you had to buy both to breed.

I have to admit, it would sell more copies, but that'd be a jackass move from Game Freak.

desocietas

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2013, 12:04:50 pm »
Pokemon is always good.* So, I'm excited. I've only seen a little though. Red/blue is still one of my favorite games. And I do enjoy the new stuff as well.

* As long as you are not taking pictures, playing pinball, in a puzzle game, saying "Hey you, Pikachu!", or various other activities.

Hey, I like the Pokemon Pinball games!  And a lot of folks liked Pokemon Snap! :P
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas