Author Topic: Collection audit  (Read 4368 times)

jcalder8

Collection audit
« on: January 16, 2013, 02:59:31 pm »
I just completed an audit of about 95% of my games and I was shocked by the changes that I have made. I have found some games listed on the wrong systems, some games I don't own and then others that I had never entered into my collection!

My total game count before I started was: 2231
My total game count after I finished: 2282
That's an increase of 51 games!!!!

I am shocked and honestly a little ashamed that my numbers were THAT far off. In doing this I have also passed 2500 total items being tracked on the site. This will increase even more when I go through my art books/magazines.

Have you ever done an audit of your collection? What did you find from it?

scott

Re: Collection audit
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 03:02:16 pm »
I need to go through and double check everything in my collection. In all honesty, I know my PC games section is way off, but My PC games are so unorganized it's ridiculous. I need to clean my computer room though, so maybe while I'm at it I'll do a proper tally.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

soera

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 03:15:03 pm »
Im sure there are some items I havent added here (some wii games that belong more to my wife and kids, some random guides that I dont even have a matching game for, etc) but for the most part, my biggest thing has been removing stuff I have gotten rid of. I traded off one of my Atari sets a while back and didnt even realize til about a month later and it dropped my total by about 50 items.

scott

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 03:18:37 pm »
Speaking of dropping total. It looks like I get to hit 1000 all over again! ha

jcalder8

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 03:20:58 pm »
I need to go through and double check everything in my collection. In all honesty, I know my PC games section is way off, but My PC games are so unorganized it's ridiculous. I need to clean my computer room though, so maybe while I'm at it I'll do a proper tally.

My PC games are a total mess which is the last system that I have to go through but I'm saving that for another day!

Speaking of dropping total. It looks like I get to hit 1000 all over again! ha
Congrats?

desocietas

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 03:49:10 pm »
My digital titles are a mess... I want to go through and check my physical collection anyway to make estimates on what replacement costs would be for insurance purposes.

I also have some digital bundle items that are not yet redeemed, and I'm not sure whether or to include those in my collection.  I might toss them into the sell list so I remember that I even have access to them if I ever wanted to keep them.  Or at least have a list for trade purposes.

I also realized just the other day that I forgot to add to my collection all the 3DS ambassador titles and a few PSN titles - so I'm probably a bit off from my reported number as well.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

foxhack

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 03:53:07 pm »
I don't even have 3% of my total PC collection listed here. The Steam list and most console systems are up to date, though, except for Sega Genesis and PC Download.

I actually started auditing my collection last month, it's just a pain finding all the missing artwork I need for these entries.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 04:08:32 pm »
I did this back when I joined this site.  It's been 9 months or so since I did.  I need to go back and put my newly acquired NES game into my big alphabetized bins.  When I do that, I'll give it another going over.

scott

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 04:53:21 pm »
Congrats?

Ha, the funny thing is, I never finished entering all the info into the database for my Saturn games. So, as I pack them up I might need to do scans and input data into the site.

foxhack

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 07:20:05 pm »
So far: Seven items that were not on my collection. Some were pretty surprising to see. Why weren't 24, Marvel Vs Capcom, We Love Katamari and Viewtiful Joe in my collection?

And EVE: The Lost One. I don't remember how I got that one.

Nine: Cool Boarders 4. I still remember buying this game, brand new, and I got it for a buck because the guy who sold it to me loves my business. I always buy tons of music off of him.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 07:32:53 pm by foxhack »

jcalder8

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2013, 08:24:13 pm »
So far: Seven items that were not on my collection. Some were pretty surprising to see. Why weren't 24, Marvel Vs Capcom, We Love Katamari and Viewtiful Joe in my collection?

And EVE: The Lost One. I don't remember how I got that one.

Nine: Cool Boarders 4. I still remember buying this game, brand new, and I got it for a buck because the guy who sold it to me loves my business. I always buy tons of music off of him.
The one that surprised me the most was Dead in the Water. I bought it 5 or 6 years ago shortly after I started seriously collecting.

jcalder8

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2013, 03:01:27 pm »
I just completed an audit of about 95% of my games and I was shocked by the changes that I have made. I have found some games listed on the wrong systems, some games I don't own and then others that I had never entered into my collection!

My total game count before I started was: 2231
My total game count after I finished: 2282
That's an increase of 51 games!!!!

I am shocked and honestly a little ashamed that my numbers were THAT far off. In doing this I have also passed 2500 total items being tracked on the site. This will increase even more when I go through my art books/magazines.

Have you ever done an audit of your collection? What did you find from it?

I finished going through my PC games today and I found another 8 games so I have increased my collection by 59 games! Thanks to games I already owned I am about to hit my goal for 2013 by hitting 2300 games :D

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2013, 07:40:13 pm »
I have yet to finish.. Stuck between at PS3 and still have Xbox360, Wii, Gamecube, and PC...
Currently Playing - Plants Vs. Zombies: Warfare (PC) / Looking for Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II Manual

theflea

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2013, 08:26:12 am »
I go though my games I listed and once in a while i Noticed I miss one or listed it twice. I'm sure if i look hard enough I'll find a goof. My biggest pet peeve is when I list something, someone else edits it and changes the picture to version I don't own and the person who does it doesn't even own the game. Or edit it to be in a different category. (like NES action set moved from NES/famicom hardware to Accessory) Then I have to change it back.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

foxhack

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2013, 11:06:40 pm »
Went through another box. Found three more games, one of which was a 1999 re-release variant of Pandemonium! with two demos.

I also went and scanned the covers for Tekken 1 and 2 Greatest Hits. 'Cause why not.