Author Topic: Is There a Movie Catagory?  (Read 1619 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Is There a Movie Catagory?
« on: January 17, 2013, 07:47:05 pm »
I see the "Swag - Promo Videos/Movies" section. But I was wondering if regular movies/T.V. Shows can be added here too? Stuff like the Super Mario Bros. Show, Resident Evil movie, or other such gaming related media?

Thanks.  :)

soera

Re: Is There a Movie Catagory?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 07:57:28 pm »
Its probably up to Matt/Scott on what kind of movies are allowed but some I did add, some I didnt. I have Final Fantasy movies and added those ... I also have MK movies, 1 of the Resident Evil movies, SMB cartoons and Sonic cartoons and didnt add any of those.

foxhack

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 08:36:58 pm »
I'm for adding them. As long as they're game related, I think they should be in here. Several people have already added movies to the site, like the SMB movie... but it's got PAL cover art so I dunno. :P There's a listing for the Super Mario 3 show, too. I would add the Sam & Max TV set if I had it, but I'm 50/50 on the comic collection. So it depends.

But we even have a section for food. FOOD.

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 09:54:17 pm »
I don't see a big issue with adding things like that....  The only thing I find perturbing is that ANY item automatically applies to your total tally....  I would not mind adding some swag for just keeping track of it, but I can't in good faith consider things like this as actually being a part of my game collection....  I see them as two completely distinct categories....  I would think it would make programming more tedious to have a separate count or an option to remove their application to a total altogether though....

soera

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 11:05:59 pm »

But we even have a section for food. FOOD.

I have a few food items. But they are part of my DQ collection. The orange and blue drink and the slime gum. :)

scott

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 12:18:14 am »
Hey some people collect the themed candies and soft drinks. Anyway, you would add the Super Mario Super Show stuff to the Promo  videos / movies category. I made those listings super quick and had to come up with the names on the fly.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

scott

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 12:19:28 am »
I don't see a big issue with adding things like that....  The only thing I find perturbing is that ANY item automatically applies to your total tally....  I would not mind adding some swag for just keeping track of it, but I can't in good faith consider things like this as actually being a part of my game collection....  I see them as two completely distinct categories....  I would think it would make programming more tedious to have a separate count or an option to remove their application to a total altogether though....

Eventually we will split totals so each has their own running tally. :)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 12:58:13 pm »

Well, there are counts of individual categories. Just subtract the amount total in "swag" categories from your total number.

ko1ru

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 09:46:32 pm »

Definitely looking forward to this particular update.  :)

jcalder8

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2013, 06:56:54 pm »

This and an updated search engine are the ones that I think the site needs the most.

matt

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2013, 10:10:00 am »

The ideas is to break it up by Games, Hardware, Other.

ko1ru

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2013, 11:31:43 am »

The ideas is to break it up by Games, Hardware, Other.

This sounds perfect.  :)

insektmute

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2013, 03:44:52 pm »
On a related note, it'd be great to see a feature where swag (like movies) that's included with a particular game be noted under the listing it's part of, but also show up seperately under its own category while still counting as one item. So for instance, with the FEAR: Director's Cut, I can pull up the game listing and see that a "making of" DVD is included, but also see that DVD on its own under the movie category.

Personally, I'd find this useful just so I could remember I have some of those little extras laying around, because I have a habit of forgetting about it and never watching them :p