Author Topic: Barcode Scanner Search....  (Read 1741 times)

teck

PRO Supporter

Barcode Scanner Search....
« on: January 17, 2013, 10:14:10 pm »
I have heard rumblings of possible Barcode Scanning for the App, but I am actually far more interested in getting a search by barcode option for the main site....  I run a retro game store, and due to the way our database is, I search via a barcode scanner on my PC all day long....  It works great on ebay and videogames.pricecharting.com but I would be ecstatic if I could use it on here....  I'd be able to check for games that do not have full listings whenever I want to look up a title, and I could find the time to add new items to the data base here fairly easily as well....  You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours if you will....

matt

Re: Barcode Scanner Search....
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 10:47:02 pm »
Ask and thee shall receive!

http://vgcollect.com/advanced

I just whipped this up so you may have some issues with it but you can search by barcode there. Hope it works out for you!

This page (and search in general) will be getting an entire overhaul soonish. Enjoy!

jcalder8

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 11:15:13 pm »
This page (and search in general) will be getting an entire overhaul soonish. Enjoy!
I can't wait :)

desocietas

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 11:28:42 pm »
sweet.  big thing now is to make sure all the records have barcodes filled in so when people scan, something will come up and they won't jump to the conclusion that a new record should be added.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 12:02:25 am »
sweet.  big thing now is to make sure all the records have barcodes filled in so when people scan, something will come up and they won't jump to the conclusion that a new record should be added.

And to make sure they don't have spaces... people like to add spaces for some reason.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

foxhack

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 01:59:26 am »
Maybe because UPC codes have spaces.

Of course, matt could just add a check to strip the data of spaces if he wanted to... :P

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 12:29:51 pm »
Awesome Matt~!  I will try to make it a habit to do updates with the stuff that comes through on my down time....

matt

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 01:45:10 pm »
Awesome Matt~!  I will try to make it a habit to do updates with the stuff that comes through on my down time....

Cool. Really appreciate it. Feel free to tell all your customers about us and how cool we are. ;)