Author Topic: Hockey... it's back!  (Read 4049 times)

jobocan

Re: Hockey... it's back!
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2013, 05:54:46 pm »
Oh yea! Chainsaws anyone?  :o

They should have chainsaws in real hockey... Then I'd have a reason to watch it :P

scott

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2013, 08:33:55 pm »

They should have chainsaws in real hockey... Then I'd have a reason to watch it :P

Ha, yes! A Canadian that dislikes Hockey! They do exist.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jcalder8

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2013, 08:45:33 pm »

Ha, yes! A Canadian that dislikes Hockey! They do exist.
What? Jobocan is Canadian?

jobocan

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2013, 08:59:18 pm »
Yeah, I'm from Quebec... basically where everyone either loves the Habs or the Sens. And I can't stand hockey, it bores me so much :P

jcalder8

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2013, 09:22:26 pm »
Yeah, I'm from Quebec... basically where everyone either loves the Habs or the Sens. And I can't stand hockey, it bores me so much :P
Well I won't hold the fact that you don't like Les Habitants against you... or the fact that you are from Quebec :D

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2013, 09:56:46 am »
I just assumed everyone commenting in this thread was Canadian.

sin2beta

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2013, 10:56:40 am »
I just assumed everyone commenting in this thread was Canadian.

I'm currently in Oklahoma. But I grew up in Alaska and Colorado. The avalanche were a big deal when I was growing up.

More than that, I've noticed a bit higher percentage of hockey fans among video game fans. I don't know if the reason is faster pace, niche, or what. But for example, the classic game room people love hockey, Lawnboyspost1975 on youtube is a hockey fan from the UK.
UPDATED 01/22/2016 New Ages of SEGA "Space Slalom" is now on....
SegaNerds.com: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J9ZbGNB-c

darko

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2013, 11:24:15 am »
I'm currently in Oklahoma. But I grew up in Alaska and Colorado. The avalanche were a big deal when I was growing up.

What part of OK?

tpugmire

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2013, 11:43:15 am »
I don't really like hockey either. I got the job at the arena so I could see concerts for free. Then they said "You need to learn to drive the Zamboni." 
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

foxhack

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2013, 03:23:22 pm »
They tried having a hockey match here once, but it turned into waterpolo.

sin2beta

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2013, 05:58:31 pm »

What part of OK?

Tulsa.

darko

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2013, 07:11:58 pm »
Ahh. I see. I'm in OKC.

sin2beta

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2013, 07:24:12 pm »
Ahh. I see. I'm in OKC.

Yeah, I've ran into a few from OKC around here. I seem to be a lone Tulsan though. OKC has the retro gaming society as well. I remember briefly trying to register on their forums but it is one of those that gets individually approved and mine get lost on the backburner somewhere. Oh well.

Tulsa has some good shops. And shops with good names as well. All your base is outside Tulsa. But is a nice place for modern games if you aren't feeling vintage stock or game Xchange. But we recently got a shop called thrillhouse (simpsons reference I assume) that is absolutely amazing. I frequent that shop a lot. Opening week they had a copy of radiant silvergun. I've seen nomads, 32x, segaCD, master system. And the largest TG16 library I have seen. Keep in mind that until I visited that store I had never seen a TG16, but still, they have a selection. Very reasonable prices for retail as well.

Does OKC have good shops to keep an eye out at.

But to keep it on the hockey talk. OKC got several freakin awesome Edmonton Oilers playing on the farm team during the lockout. They were on the injured reserve or something like that before. So, they were sent to the farm team during the lockout. One of those fortuitous moments in Oklahoma sports. Like when Tulowitzki was playing for the Tulsa Drillers.

darko

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2013, 09:28:42 pm »
Ha...yeah...I help run OKRGS. If you want to register there just let me know. I can approve your request.

We basically have the same shops that you do in Tulsa (with the exception of Thrillhouse, although I have been, and it is awesome).

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2013, 11:25:12 pm »
NHL 2005 (PS2)
i played this so much i wore the disc out and needed a second copy.
Avs were amazing in the game that season