Author Topic: What system has your favorite game artwork?  (Read 2170 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: What system has your favorite game artwork?
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2013, 10:30:57 pm »
I think I'm going to have to go with the NES artwork as well. Sure, the artwork might not have had anything to do with what you saw on the screen, but it was essential to grabbing your attention when looking to rent/purchase something. It got you pumped up about playing something before you even played it. It always helped my imagination as well.

I mean, take a look at this awesomeness. You know shit's about to get real when you see this:

Also, Konami totally killed it when it came to artwork for the NES. Best on average by far IMO.

And that's not even the best example of NES artwork and look at how awesome that looks! The Konami "silver" series had that annoying border blocking out potential artwork room, other NES games didn't have that. (The first line of Nintendo first-party games also had that "space" border on theirs).

scott

Re: What system has your favorite game artwork?
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2013, 12:26:54 am »
See I really like the Konami silver boxes. Looking at it, you know it's a Konami game and the silver border frames the artwork well. And then the parts that overlap the border make it pop.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread