Author Topic: Fire Emblem Awakening  (Read 5258 times)

insektmute

Re: Fire Emblem Awakening
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2013, 12:42:45 pm »
You guys all prefer the standard 3DS to the XL? I'm curious, because I really like my DSi XL compared to the smaller one, but the dimensions on the 3DS XL seem almost too big.

scott

« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2013, 12:47:40 pm »
I like portability. In that aspect, I don't think I'd take an XL anywhere. Actually, I also prefer my GBA Micro vs the GBA SP. I think the XLs are kinda fugly too, and prefer the shell of the regular 3DS and think it looks pretty sweet.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

desocietas

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2013, 01:36:52 pm »
I wouldn't mind having a 3DS XL, but comparing the Fire Emblem 3DS to the 3DS XL, I would still pick the 3DS version.  It's just a lot slicker looking.  I really don't care for the exterior of the current 3DS XLs... they look kinda cheesy somehow.  I guess it reminds me of Nerf (3)DS cases?
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2013, 01:51:40 pm »
You guys all prefer the standard 3DS to the XL? I'm curious, because I really like my DSi XL compared to the smaller one, but the dimensions on the 3DS XL seem almost too big.

Personally, I only prefer the Special-Edition Fire Emblem 3-DS over the standard looking 3-DS-XL.

When it comes to handheld gaming, though:

(1).  I'll taking a bigger screen/better functionality over looks every time, and

(2).  I wish *EVERY* handheld would follow the PSP's "TV-Out" option - I guess it might be hard for Ninty due to its double screens, though...
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

scott

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2013, 02:12:33 pm »
2).  I wish *EVERY* handheld would follow the PSP's "TV-Out" option - I guess it might be hard for Ninty due to its double screens, though...

They could prolly pull it off by outputting the top screen and still using the bottom touch screen. Kinda like how Final fantasy Crystal Chronicles worked with a GBA as a controller and utility screen. Wouldn't be optimal for games that use both for a play field tho.

insektmute

« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2013, 02:34:24 pm »
I wouldn't mind having a 3DS XL, but comparing the Fire Emblem 3DS to the 3DS XL, I would still pick the 3DS version.  It's just a lot slicker looking.  I really don't care for the exterior of the current 3DS XLs... they look kinda cheesy somehow.  I guess it reminds me of Nerf (3)DS cases?

I like the basic design of the XL, but I get the sense that it's just MASSIVE looking. I don't really understand why they felt they needed to make it larger than the DSi XL, or why they made the top screen larger than the bottom one.

Knowing me, it'll probably come down to price and color. Part of the reason I wanted my DSi XL so bad in the first was that it was blue :p

desocietas

« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2013, 08:09:36 pm »
A second wave came by my local GS.  Does anyone need a copy of FE:A?

Scott, I also got another artbook with this one in case you still need one.  They have a whole drawer full of them... I wish I could've asked for more, but I really don't want to come off as greedy(er).
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

insektmute

« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2013, 08:41:28 pm »

Scott, I also got another artbook with this one in case you still need one.  They have a whole drawer full of them... I wish I could've asked for more, but I really don't want to come off as greedy(er).

Got my copy of FE:A, and a very nicely discounted blue/black XL ($169.99 was too good to pass up!), but if you happen to get another artbook, let me know :p

desocietas

« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2013, 08:46:55 pm »

Got my copy of FE:A, and a very nicely discounted blue/black XL ($169.99 was too good to pass up!), but if you happen to get another artbook, let me know :p

Sure thing!  You're third in line after Scott and another friend.  Also, I might bug them in a few weeks about the artbooks if they still have any around...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

insektmute

« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2013, 01:31:55 am »
That would be very cool of you, thanks :)

(especially considering we don't know each other, lol)

desocietas

« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2013, 05:55:12 pm »
That would be very cool of you, thanks :)

(especially considering we don't know each other, lol)

Ah, it's your lucky day!  I dropped by GS today after you and the others suggested preordering Project X Zone yesterday, and the clerk asked me to let any friends know if they still need FE:A since they can now start ordering them again easily without restrictions.

I said I'd ask around but that I'd definitely be asking them again about the artbooks if they're still around after some time.

He said they just had one copy of the game left in-house but had three artbooks still, so he gave me the extra two!

So that means I have 3 extras, and since you're number 3 on the list, looks like your "dibs" worked out :)

PM me your address, and I'll send it out the next time I'm by the post office.

I have to thank all the members of VGC who've encouraged me to go the route of "can't hurt to ask" with the GS employees...
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2013, 06:50:26 pm »
Got myself an art book thanks to a friend of mine! Plus we got to talk a bit and catch up since I haven't seen him in a long time.

insektmute

« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2013, 08:35:11 pm »
He said they just had one copy of the game left in-house but had three artbooks still, so he gave me the extra two!

So that means I have 3 extras, and since you're number 3 on the list, looks like your "dibs" worked out :)

PM me your address, and I'll send it out the next time I'm by the post office.

I have to thank all the members of VGC who've encouraged me to go the route of "can't hurt to ask" with the GS employees...

Hell yeah! Nicely done on working the GS mojo :)

desocietas

« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2013, 07:23:13 pm »
Anyone get the free DLC yet?  I think the last chance to download it is this week.

I'm curious if the DLC stays even between game slots; I assume so, but thought I'd see if anyone's tested this yet or heard anything.  Also, does DLC get registered to the Nintendo account or...?
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

scott

« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2013, 07:32:29 pm »
I'm working on playing up to that point... so I can download it, it ends on the 6th.