Author Topic: Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 81775 times)

scott

Re: Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #585 on: March 14, 2012, 06:34:04 pm »
Bought Mega Man 2, Destiny of an Emperor, Metal Gear and another copy of Gyromite today. This Gyromite HAD the converter! woot woot.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jcalder8

« Reply #586 on: March 14, 2012, 06:42:25 pm »
Congrats on the converter scott! Do you already have a famicom game to use it with?

I bought something today that I have wanted for years. I remember watching the commercials and thinking how cool it was. I even got it complete in box! The best part is that it was only 3.50!!!

Finally got my hands on a Barcode Battler!

Now where would I list it?

scott

« Reply #587 on: March 14, 2012, 07:02:18 pm »
Thanks! I went there and checked for NES games I wanted on a whim. Saw Gyromite and it felt heavy when I picked it up, so I tested it against a few other carts and it was way heavier than the rest, so I said "What the hell, it's only $2." and took it home. :)

Also, I've never heard of a Barcode Battler. So I am not sure at all...

foxhack

« Reply #588 on: March 14, 2012, 07:48:33 pm »
Congrats on the converter scott! Do you already have a famicom game to use it with?

I bought something today that I have wanted for years. I remember watching the commercials and thinking how cool it was. I even got it complete in box! The best part is that it was only 3.50!!!

Finally got my hands on a Barcode Battler!

Now where would I list it?
I think that would go under LCD games.

Today I bought Wizorb on Steam. The game's been out on XBLA Indie Games, it's a really neat NES inspired Arkanoid medieval fantasy clone. I know it sounds weird but it's awesome.

forte

« Reply #589 on: March 14, 2012, 08:10:31 pm »
My Gyromite didn't have the converter, but I only paid $1.50, so guess I can't complain.

I got a Neo Geo Pocket Color with some games off ebay, all loose, and bought some DS cases to make boxes for them. Turned out pretty good:

jobocan

« Reply #590 on: March 14, 2012, 10:43:42 pm »
@Forte
How much should I pay for a Neo Geo Pocket Color.. according to you? Say it comes with 11 games (not in box), a couple accessories and the console has the box? Just wondering.

In other news, I picked up Wizorb on Steam, let's see if that's any good.

soera

« Reply #591 on: March 14, 2012, 11:21:19 pm »
I keep picking up every copy of Gyromite I see but I cant really tell if they seem heavier or not ...

Anyhow, today I picked up a few items for my wife's NES collection including King of Kings, Gilligan's island (with a mint manual), Puss and boots, and Incredible Crash dummies ... all for less than $20.

scott

« Reply #592 on: March 14, 2012, 11:32:18 pm »
I keep picking up every copy of Gyromite I see but I cant really tell if they seem heavier or not ...

It's noticeable. I have 2 copies of Gyromite, I'm tempted to take them both to work and put them on our scale to see how much difference there really is. I picked up 5 or 6 various NES games off of the shelf to test it. Then finally bit the bullet and it paid off.

EDIT:

The middle of it is a giant piece of plastic and metal. Then there are 2 boards inside, which should make for some noticeable differences. He's the pic I posted in another thread showing it:

EDIT 2:

I took the 2 carts into work today and weighed them both out. The non-converter cart was .220 lbs and the converter cart was .260 lbs. You wouldn't think that a difference of .040 lbs would be that noticeable, but I also had someone else hold each without telling the difference. And they also were able to tell the change in weight right away.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 11:30:12 am by scott »

forte

« Reply #593 on: March 15, 2012, 04:33:35 pm »
@Forte
How much should I pay for a Neo Geo Pocket Color.. according to you? Say it comes with 11 games (not in box), a couple accessories and the console has the box? Just wondering.

In other news, I picked up Wizorb on Steam, let's see if that's any good.
It depends on the accessories. The link cable is worth 10-15, the Dreamcast link is 20-25, and the worm light battery pack is 35+. A loose NGPC with 11 games could be anywhere from 40-100, depending on the games. I'd say the median price is about 65, a lot of the games are common and not worth much. I sold a NGPC with 8 games I already had for 80 shipped, but I got a good offer and honestly wasn't expecting that much.

jcalder8

« Reply #594 on: March 17, 2012, 09:37:20 am »
Picked up a few things yesterday:
The best of How to win at Nintendo games - $1

All loose for the GB and .75 each:
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
Final Fantasy Adventure
Speedy Gonzales
Disney's Aladdin
Donkey Kong Land
Totsugeki! Poncotts Tank

DS loose for 1.25 each:
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam
Scooby Doo First Frights

Jake Long Attack of the Dark Dragon - Complete and $5

scott

« Reply #595 on: March 17, 2012, 04:17:15 pm »
Picked up Aliens: Infestation today finally. I'm a big Alien fan and am surprised I hadn't gotten it sooner.

Edit: I just earned enough coins to redeem Game and Watch Collection from Club Nintendo... only 800 more for the 2nd one...
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 07:30:54 pm by scott »

soera

« Reply #596 on: March 18, 2012, 12:20:43 am »
I dont buy enough brand new Nintendo items to get that amount of points. :(

jcalder8

« Reply #597 on: March 18, 2012, 12:48:14 am »
I managed to get enough points when I first got my DS to get the first game and watch collection but I haven't earned enough to get the second one. The first still remains sealed so I'm in no rush to try and earn the second one.

amauriel

« Reply #598 on: March 18, 2012, 11:04:26 pm »
Pro Tip: Most people don't bother with the codes, and most of the games have expiration dates on their registrations that are out for YEARS.

I don't know how many used DS and Wii games I've gotten, gotten home, and registered the game, no problem. I honestly think maybe only one HASN'T worked.

I've gotten both of the Game and Watch Collection DS games and both of the sets of Zelda posters. Have also had Platinum status every year since they started the Gold/Platinum set up in 2009. And I've already gotten it for this year, so I'll hold onto the codes I get until July 1, when it resets. By July 10 (when they ask me to do the Post Play Surveys for the games I register on the 1st) I'll have Platinum again. Rinse and Repeat.
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

desocietas

« Reply #599 on: March 19, 2012, 12:55:05 pm »
Pro Tip: Most people don't bother with the codes, and most of the games have expiration dates on their registrations that are out for YEARS.

I don't know how many used DS and Wii games I've gotten, gotten home, and registered the game, no problem. I honestly think maybe only one HASN'T worked.

I've gotten both of the Game and Watch Collection DS games and both of the sets of Zelda posters. Have also had Platinum status every year since they started the Gold/Platinum set up in 2009. And I've already gotten it for this year, so I'll hold onto the codes I get until July 1, when it resets. By July 10 (when they ask me to do the Post Play Surveys for the games I register on the 1st) I'll have Platinum again. Rinse and Repeat.

Do you pull the insert with the codes out or leave it with the game?  I haven't figured out a good system to remember which games I've registered and which I haven't...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas