Author Topic: Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 83156 times)

jobocan

Re: Recently Added To Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #690 on: April 04, 2012, 09:57:59 am »
I just received my copy of Devil May Cry HD Collection. Can't wait to get back home and replay those great games in "glorious" HD. AND to give another chance to DMC2... maybe it's not as bad as I remember?
How is the collection?

The graphical upgrade is fairly minimal but still very nice, it's cleaner, has fewer anti-aliasing problems and feels a bit more detailed. The cinematics and menus, at least in the first game, are displayed in smaller resolutions (the cinematics in the other 2 games will fill your screen, don't remember the menus). And it fixes the first game's controls by making the jump button X instead of Triangle which is quite a relief.

Overall it's nice, and you get 2 of the best action games ever in one package, and one fairly mediocre game... I only played the first mission in DMC2 so far and it was very underwhelming :P I didn't look at the extras yet, but it seems it's mostly concept art and such.

jobocan

« Reply #691 on: April 04, 2012, 08:13:06 pm »
Double post!

Just received a couple games. Wave Race 64, which I got for free. Got Goemon's Great Adventure on the N64, and some random SNES game called Mohawk and Headphone Jack (I bought it because I remembered seeing the character on the boxart in an old Nintendo Power magazine... it's actually the first time I've ever seen this cartridge at all).

« Reply #692 on: April 06, 2012, 02:34:45 pm »
Awww yea! Came with a really high quality art book, too. You can feel the textures on the art drawn in the book. I plan on playing this all weekend.

What is a man? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk - have at you!

htimreimer

« Reply #693 on: April 06, 2012, 04:29:22 pm »
Double post!

Just received a couple games. Wave Race 64, which I got for free. Got Goemon's Great Adventure on the N64, and some random SNES game called Mohawk and Headphone Jack (I bought it because I remembered seeing the character on the boxart in an old Nintendo Power magazine... it's actually the first time I've ever seen this cartridge at all).
is mohawk any good???

scott

« Reply #694 on: April 06, 2012, 11:28:38 pm »
"bought" Fallout on gog.com, as well as all the free games on my shelf. Also I replaced Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age and picked up the 2 in 1 guide.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jobocan

« Reply #695 on: April 06, 2012, 11:33:51 pm »
Got my copy of Xenoblade Chronicles with the art book yesterday, w00!

Also picked up Hack, Slash, Loot on Steam... hopefully I'll manage to get further than I did in the demo.

is mohawk any good???

Mohawk & Headphone Jack.... Probably one of the weirdest games I've played. So far I can't even beat the second level boss (a smiley face on robot legs with a variety of guns) and the controls are a bit awkward due to the use of mode 7 to make the level rotate around you with constant gravity-shifting (which you have little control over). But I will say that it's entertaining, just hard to get used to, and seemingly the bosses are tough.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 01:30:38 am by jobocan »

soera

« Reply #696 on: April 06, 2012, 11:47:24 pm »
Xenoblade any good? I keep hearing about it but I havent gotten into too many of the newer gen games yet.

foxhack

« Reply #697 on: April 07, 2012, 09:08:39 am »
I just got Lucid (Steam) for free via Reddit. Yay.

jobocan

« Reply #698 on: April 07, 2012, 12:34:49 pm »
Xenoblade any good? I keep hearing about it but I havent gotten into too many of the newer gen games yet.

So far I'm quite liking it. Imagine FF12 but less sucky :P
You get a lot of side-quests, but you almost never have to go back to the NPC who gave it to you to complete it, it's very convenient. The fighting is quite fast-paced, the story has potential so far... I like it overall.

soera

« Reply #699 on: April 07, 2012, 12:40:22 pm »
I wonder how rare its going to be. I keep hearing people all over talking about buying it and Im thinking I may wait to get a copy.

jobocan

« Reply #700 on: April 07, 2012, 01:19:37 pm »
I wonder how rare its going to be. I keep hearing people all over talking about buying it and Im thinking I may wait to get a copy.

Unless something strange happens, it's going to be a quite limited release, considering it's only available in 1 store chain. It's not going to be insanely rare, since it does seem to be selling pretty well (almost 200000 only in pre-orders), but it's not going to be really common either.

scott

« Reply #701 on: April 07, 2012, 02:33:25 pm »
Bought Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters today while I was getting Panzer Dragoon Saga fixed.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

atariboy

« Reply #702 on: April 07, 2012, 06:08:12 pm »
Yard Sale finds today:
Zelda Edition 3DS - Picked up from layaway from local pawn shop.
Pink DS Lite - $30
Assassin's Creed Bloodlines PSP - $4
Greatest Hits Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII PSP - $4
Burnout Paradise PS3 - $4
Battlefield: Bad Company PS3 - $4
Puyo Pop Fever GC - $4

« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 06:47:40 pm by atariboy »
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw

madmax

« Reply #703 on: April 07, 2012, 07:25:08 pm »
Burnout Paradise is a really good game. They gave it a lot of free DLC that really made the game tons better. They added bikes in the mix when there were only cars and it really added an element of fun to the whole thing.

I just don't like that they took out the "how much damage can you do" out of the series. i loved that part in the older games.

atariboy

« Reply #704 on: April 07, 2012, 07:32:36 pm »
Good to hear, I'm a fan of the Burnout series so I'm looking forward to playing this one.
Now Playing: Lollipop Chainsaw