Author Topic: Games or Franchises that need a sequel.  (Read 7960 times)

maximo310

Re: Games or Franchises that need a sequel.
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2014, 10:45:07 pm »
Cyberbots Metal Madness, Darkstalkers,  a 19xx game produced by Capcom and not outsourced to some third party, Virtual On, Ketsui, Daytona USA, Power Stone, a proper sequel to Monkey Ball 2.

retroone

« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2014, 12:00:37 pm »
I am a huge Bubsy fan and I think that should get rebooted (minus Bubsy 3D :o)

maximo310

« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2014, 12:09:38 pm »
He pretty much needs a makeover, but if they improved the level design, controls, and gameplay for those 2d games, it could be pretty fun. Its just we have a bad taste in our mouths since Accolade didn't really focus on the games back in the day and was more worried about using him as a marketing tool.

retroone

« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2014, 12:45:49 pm »
He pretty much needs a makeover, but if they improved the level design, controls, and gameplay for those 2d games, it could be pretty fun. Its just we have a bad taste in our mouths since Accolade didn't really focus on the games back in the day and was more worried about using him as a marketing tool.

True. Also maybe my obsession began with the fact that I gave the game a fair shot before seeing any reviews. Something most people should do more often. Which also brought in my obsession for the Sonic Adventure series

davifus

« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2014, 03:03:38 pm »
E.T
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 04:32:19 pm by davifus »
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

maximo310

« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2014, 03:42:09 pm »

True. Also maybe my obsession began with the fact that I gave the game a fair shot before seeing any reviews. Something most people should do more often. Which also brought in my obsession for the Sonic Adventure series
I agree with the fair shot thing, there are too many people who look up reviews as soon as they come out and form opinions without actually trying the product out, so in this Bubsy has gotten mass negative recepition over the years, even though the game is ok for its second installment. I never really understood the huge amount of hate for the Sonic Adventure series, since after playing both, I like alot of the ideas they tried to implement even if some of them could be a bit annoying, but they are pretty good games for the most part.

retroone

« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2014, 04:22:47 pm »

I agree with the fair shot thing, there are too many people who look up reviews as soon as they come out and form opinions without actually trying the product out, so in this Bubsy has gotten mass negative recepition over the years, even though the game is ok for its second installment. I never really understood the huge amount of hate for the Sonic Adventure series, since after playing both, I like alot of the ideas they tried to implement even if some of them could be a bit annoying, but they are pretty good games for the most part.
Sonic Adventure 10/10. Sonic Adventure 2 6/10

maximo310

« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2014, 04:50:42 pm »

Hmm, SA2 is a 6/10. How come you consider it 4 points worse than SA1?

retroone

« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2014, 06:03:54 pm »

"Adventure" was taken out of the gameplay. instead we got crapper camera views and hidden Big the Cats in every level.

maximo310

« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2014, 06:22:48 pm »

"Adventure" was taken out of the gameplay. instead we got crapper camera views and hidden Big the Cats in every level.
While you are right about some of the gameplay and camera issues, I still thought it was a mostly solid game thanks to the music, level design, and enemies . The story is pretty ridiculous at some points, but I feel like the negatives don't detract too much from the gameplay, except for the Kunckles and Rouge levels. Some of those levels are just the worst in the entire game since the music is the worst here and the tracking emerald system got screwed up really badly.

retroone

« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2014, 06:31:06 pm »
Bingo!

retroone

« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2014, 06:00:24 am »
Now that I look back we need a Crazy Taxi 3

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2014, 12:00:20 pm »

Simpsons: Road Rage was basically that (or was it "Simspons: Hit & Run"?).

GrooDWanderer

« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2014, 01:02:52 pm »
Brütal Legend. \m/ \m/
As dangerous as a stampede of cattle...and almost as smart.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2014, 01:23:09 pm »

Simpsons: Road Rage was basically that (or was it "Simspons: Hit & Run"?).

Road Rage.  Hit & Run was like GTA.