Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 189754 times)

teck

PRO Supporter

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #210 on: March 23, 2014, 08:37:25 pm »
Finished Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes in one sitting....  My first play through was a no spot, no kill run....  It finished it in 88 minutes....  I only really explored the east side of the island though....  I probably will go at it again in a few weeks after thoroughly tearing through Dynasty Warriors 8 complete on PS4 next week....

« Reply #211 on: March 26, 2014, 07:31:29 pm »
Never finished Mirror of Fate... started up Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2... then my Video Card came in and I loaded up Diablo III... Just finished up the campaign and slaying Diablo with my Wizard. The new patch is pretty awesome, for sure.

Completed Games of 2014:
1. Resogun (PS4)
2. Contrast (PS4)
3. Castlevania - NES Classics (GBA)
4. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
5. Diablo III

im pretty much hooked on diablo 3 at the moment

soera

« Reply #212 on: March 27, 2014, 03:21:28 pm »
After seeing someone mention it on here, I downloaded Costume Quest and the Grubbins on ice expansion. I spent the last week or so playing it on and off and I just 100% it. Its really a fun, quirky little RPG. The fights are pretty standard each time you do it so its really repetitive but otherwise, its definitely cool.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #213 on: March 27, 2014, 04:42:35 pm »
After seeing someone mention it on here, I downloaded Costume Quest and the Grubbins on ice expansion. I spent the last week or so playing it on and off and I just 100% it. Its really a fun, quirky little RPG. The fights are pretty standard each time you do it so its really repetitive but otherwise, its definitely cool.

What are these expansions to?

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #214 on: March 27, 2014, 05:21:09 pm »

What are these expansions to?

To the PS3's DLC-Only game called "Costume Quest".

Grubbins on Ice is just a couple of hours worth of DLC (that also adds a basic grappling/slide Hook mechanic) to Costume Quest.

In a pretty basic kind of way - CQ's battle system is pretty similar to FFX-2's "Dress-Sphere" type of system.

Btw - I'm glad that ya' had fun with it, (always) B. Rad  ;)
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #215 on: March 27, 2014, 07:57:32 pm »
Oh, I see now. I misread that. I thought you meant they were both expansions.

scott

« Reply #216 on: March 28, 2014, 01:17:33 pm »
Finished the Diablo III: Reaper of Souls expansion pack. It's not a full game, but I did complete the campaign mode on it. Would be more of an accomplishment if I did it with a new class from level 1 though.

Completed Games of 2014:
1. Resogun (PS4)
2. Contrast (PS4)
3. Castlevania - NES Classics (GBA)
4. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
5. Diablo III
6. Diablo III: Reaper of Souls
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

teck

PRO Supporter

« Reply #217 on: March 29, 2014, 12:13:49 am »
Just finished Dynasty Warriors 8 XL Complete Edition on PS4....  Though to be fair it was mostly done already from what data I carried over from the PS3 main game....

argyle

« Reply #218 on: March 29, 2014, 07:26:00 pm »
Finished the Conception 2 demo last night.  I absolutely loved it - very addictive, and extremely reminiscent of Persona.  Looks like the save carries over to the full game, so I shouldn't have to repeat the beginning tutorial stuff again.  Very smart, ever since Lunar on the PS1 I've felt that having your RPG "demo" be the beginning slice of the game & then just letting that save carry over so you can continue with the full game is both a great way to get a good taste of the game and an excellent hook to motivate you to go ahead & get the game so you can keep playing.  Surprised more companies don't do that. 
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

argyle

« Reply #219 on: April 01, 2014, 01:10:59 am »
Aaaaand now I just finished inFamous: Second Son.  :)  Got the good ending, cleared out all districts 100% and pretty much got all the trophies except for the bad karma ones and a handful of the "stunt" trophies that I just honestly never looked at.  Really enjoyed it - it wasn't perfect, there was a decent bit of repetition in it (to "free" each district you have to complete a series of tasks, and it's the same tasks for every district).  But the game is just so much fun that it really makes up for a good bit of the repetition.  It's gorgeous too, probably the best looking game I've seen so far, including PC games. 

Anyway, gonna trade it in to Best Buy tomorrow - they'll give me $44 for it according to their website.  Gonna put that down on Conception II and what's left over will probably go towards Bound By Flame.  I'll pick SS back up when it gets cheap, by then I'll be ready to do my evil playthrough.   :D
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

90snostalga

« Reply #220 on: April 01, 2014, 04:38:46 am »
Just a self update for me so I can remember the games completed this year:

1.  Grand Theft Auto 3 (PS2)
2.  Resident Evil 2 (Dreamcast)
3.  Shenmue 2  (Xbox)
4.  Super Mario Bros. (NES)
5.  Super Mario Bros. 2 (NES)
6.  Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)

jobocan

« Reply #221 on: April 02, 2014, 08:54:04 pm »
I just completed inFamous Second Son, including the platinum trophy. Not something I usually do, but it's a platinum you'll get basically from just playing the game normally (once on normal, once on expert, going good for one and evil the other).

It was fun, just a bit short and repetitive.

blipcs76

« Reply #222 on: April 03, 2014, 10:53:43 am »
Finally finished Zombi U last night.  The ending was really anti-climactic, but everything up to that point was wonderful.  I loved this game and would start another playthrough in survival mode right away if I didn't have to attend to my backlog.

foxhack

« Reply #223 on: April 04, 2014, 09:01:16 pm »
I HAVE CONQUERED FLAPPY GOAT.

So I just completed all of Goat Simulator. All 21 achievements. I bet the devs will add more stuff later on, but hell yeah I beat this game.

And since I have a Playfire account, I got spending money for a game store for getting all of these. I'm getting 6.25 GBP, which is about 10 dollars, which means I already made back what I spent on the game and got some extra change. XD

bobster

« Reply #224 on: April 19, 2014, 07:26:05 pm »
My girlfriend and I just beat Bravely Default! She beat it yesterday and I today. It took 72 and a half hours o.O. Super good game! Highly recommend. The last 4 chapters get a bit long though.

Other than that, my buddy Cheech and I beat Life Force for the NES yesterday (with the Konami code of course) and played Castelian for the NES that I got last week. Castelian is not that great. I got 3 towers in before I quit lol.
Currently Playing: The Witcher