Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 191561 times)

90snostalga

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #405 on: July 20, 2014, 03:21:09 pm »
For the first time at a gamer hangout last night, I totally beat Turtles in Time on SNES! I kinda realized I had never finished that game, I didn't beat a lot of my old games, but me and another guy who knew it from back to front ran it through and while it is a short game, it's pretty fun.  Aside from some stupid obnoxious boss battles.  God damn Slash, Tokka, and Rahzar and your cheap moves! Slash is easily the hardest boss in that game. but you fight him like half way through.

So many memories on this game.  I've got to get it again and play it.  Thanks for sharing this fun and congrats on beating the wonderful game!  Did you like Turtles II on the regular Nintendo?

90snostalga

« Reply #406 on: July 21, 2014, 05:33:42 pm »
Finally finished the main story line for Watch Dogs.  What an amazing story line!  Highly recommended.  Excellent graphics, controllers, story, I would say the only thing I felt missing from Watch Dogs is interaction with the open world.  It seems there could have been so much more realness to the open world when not on missions, but excellent and I am glad to have played this game  :)  My rating would be 8.3/10

Just a self update for me so I can remember the games completed this year:

1.  Grand Theft Auto 3 (PS2)
2.  Resident Evil 2 (Dreamcast)
3.  Shenmue 2  (Xbox)
4.  Super Mario Bros. (NES)
5.  Super Mario Bros. 2 (NES)
6.  Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)
7.  Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
8.  Wolfenstein 3D (PC)
9.  Diablo (PC)
10.Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2)
11.Bully:  Scholarship Edition (360)
12.Pandora's Tower (Wii)
13.The Legend of Zelda:  A Link To The Past (SNES)
14.Super Mario Kart (SNES)
15.Kirby's Adventure (NES)
16.Watch Dogs (PC)

« Reply #407 on: July 22, 2014, 05:06:37 pm »
Finally got around to finishing Super Mario 3D Land.  I'm never out enough to play my 3DS and I don't like to play it at home.  Another good Mario game, I just hope the next Mario they actually give a crap about adding something interesting to Mario for once.  The rehashing is getting super bad and extra lazy.  Need to see a proper 3D Mario like Mario 64, Sunshine, or even Galaxy.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #408 on: July 22, 2014, 06:28:19 pm »
I finished Yoshi's New Island today. Meh... Not much of a game. It was easy and not much to it. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either.

abe

« Reply #409 on: July 22, 2014, 06:32:57 pm »
I finished Yoshi's New Island today. Meh... Not much of a game. It was easy and not much to it. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either.

How would you compare it in regards to the first two Yoshi's Island games?
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

GrooDWanderer

« Reply #410 on: July 22, 2014, 06:39:29 pm »
I just finished Terminator Salvation (PS3) last night/this morning. I had to rush through it because I sold it on ebay and had to ship it. That game is so glitchy! It glitched on two occasions where enemies were stuck on the environment and the game would not proceed without them being taken care of. Then it completely froze in the first hour of playing. Froze again in the second hour as well, I had to restart my PS3 both times. Hilarious.
As dangerous as a stampede of cattle...and almost as smart.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #411 on: July 22, 2014, 09:45:35 pm »

Did you like the one on SNES?  If you did, and you haven't played it in a while; you'll like it. It was just more Yoshi's Island. It was fun, but easy and nothing new.

abe

« Reply #412 on: July 22, 2014, 10:43:21 pm »

Did you like the one on SNES?  If you did, and you haven't played it in a while; you'll like it. It was just more Yoshi's Island. It was fun, but easy and nothing new.

I really enjoyed the GBA port of the original. While I'd like to play it, I really don't like the 3D models they went with in Yoshi's New Island. The beautiful 2D sprites & environments were one of the things I loved about the original. It's one of the reasons I've been on the fence with Yoshi's New Island.

foxhack

« Reply #413 on: July 23, 2014, 08:00:32 pm »
Just beat Double Dragon Neon in Dragon (hard) difficulty. There's one section in the game - the intro bits of Level 8 - that are incredibly unfair, even by oldschool arcade standards. But I toughed it out.

Now to beat it in Double Dragon difficulty... not looking forward to that. >_>

« Reply #414 on: July 25, 2014, 02:27:52 pm »
I just beat Lock's Quest for DS and I definitely enjoyed it.  It has a slow start and the game seems like it might be a simple kid's game at first, but the game actually does get to be challenging later on.  The music is really good and the sprites are charming and feel like a throwback to older systems like the PS1.  If you like tower defense games or are looking for a cheap DS game to play, this is one worth looking at.
When I'm not playing video games, I draw them.  You can see more at:
https://isuckworse.deviantart.com/

kevininja

« Reply #415 on: July 25, 2014, 02:39:10 pm »
I recently beat Grand Theft Auto IV. Loved the story, I thought it was miles better than V's.

And a list of games I beat this year:
Pokémon Y (3DS)
Saints Row The Third - The Full Package (PS3)
Saints Row IV (PS3)
Moon (NDS)
Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (VCH)
Dishonored (PS3)
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team (NDS)
Grand Theft Auto IV (NDS)

abe

« Reply #416 on: July 25, 2014, 02:57:57 pm »
Finished Tales of Symphonia for the first time. Wow, what an awesome game. :)

foxhack

« Reply #417 on: July 25, 2014, 03:01:48 pm »
I just cleared Batman: Arkham Origins' story mode, now I'm picking through the Enigma datapacks and finishing up the criminals I didn't catch. Good story overall and most of the boss fights were awesome.

scott

« Reply #418 on: July 25, 2014, 05:10:19 pm »
For the first time at a gamer hangout last night.

I wish I could get friends over for a gamer party... trying to get people together lately has been nearly impossible.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

maximo310

« Reply #419 on: July 25, 2014, 10:29:56 pm »
Just beat shovel knight! Those last few stages were pretty cool and not as cheap as other games with fortresses And I'm halfway through new game+ at the moment.