Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 190172 times)

pacpix

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #615 on: December 22, 2014, 12:29:05 am »
Definitely agree with you on that one Burningdoom.  Been playing it on the WiiU with my sister and it has been a lot of fun!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #616 on: December 22, 2014, 02:40:34 am »
Dang, Metal Gear Rising was shorter than I thought lol Beat it in something like 5 hours on normal. Great game though.  Gets a bit bogged down in the usual Metal Gear tropes of codecs and philosophical discussions, but still just a stupid fun game.  That final battle is RIDICULOUSLY hard, even on normal.  I died just a few timess before that, but of all the times I did in the game, I must've died 3 or 4 times there lol  Big recommend on the steam sale right now.

foxhack

« Reply #617 on: December 25, 2014, 05:42:02 pm »
Magicians & Looters (PC), with 26/29 achievements. It's a fun Metroidvania with a quirky self-aware sense of humor.

devancowan

« Reply #618 on: December 25, 2014, 10:32:55 pm »
Just picked up "To The Moon" today on steam and also just finished it. Its a pretty quick game only took me about 3 1/2 hours to beat. BUT DAMN..That game was good. Had me all teary eyed at some points and laughing and smiling at others! I would honestly have to put it in my top 5 games of all time. I highly recommend for any who haven't played.

pacpix

« Reply #619 on: December 26, 2014, 01:26:18 am »
Magicians & Looters (PC), with 26/29 achievements. It's a fun Metroidvania with a quirky self-aware sense of humor.
I read this as "Magicians & Lobsters" and now I am kind of disappointed that it is not a real game.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #620 on: December 28, 2014, 03:36:42 am »
Just beat Demolition Man on the 3DO.

« Reply #621 on: December 29, 2014, 09:10:31 pm »
First playthrough of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel...Yup...It's Borderlands lol

soera

« Reply #622 on: January 01, 2015, 01:54:13 pm »
Just 100% finished Shadow of Mordor. That game is amazing although the final 2 fights are about as unappealing as it gets. It doesnt take away from everything else though. I really enjoyed the entire playthrough. Ended at about 50 hours played total btw.

maximo310

« Reply #623 on: January 02, 2015, 09:54:44 pm »
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker. Not 100% complete, but I've gotten about 85% of diamonds collected already, so that's not too far off.
Also got a The King of Fighters XIII 1cc on my first try. I was pretty surprised, to say the least.

« Reply #624 on: January 02, 2015, 10:33:30 pm »
The last game I beat is Far Cry 4 and got 70% of the trophies. I could get more trophies in it but I need to put time into Dragon Age Inquisition since its massive.

Future: No Man's Sky, Rime, Below, Hotline Miami: Wrong Number, Until Dawn, Legend of Zelda, Quantum Break, Rainbow Six: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 3, Halo 5, Xenoblade Chronicles, Everybody's Gone to Rapture, and Wild

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #625 on: January 03, 2015, 02:39:06 pm »
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker. Not 100% complete, but I've gotten about 85% of diamonds collected already, so that's not too far off.
Also got a The King of Fighters XIII 1cc on my first try. I was pretty surprised, to say the least.

I know how you feel. I beat Star Fox 2 yesterday on my first try in 20 minutes.

« Reply #626 on: January 04, 2015, 06:30:48 pm »
Shadow of Mordor.  Pretty good, the Uruk Captain system is cool, using the Batman combat was a smart idea, overall a nice simple open world experience that doesn't feel bogged down by too many unnecessary extras.  Most of the collectibles and side missions feel like they work into the story and background generally (Not everything though, like the...symbol stuff. Oooo...you made a bright mural on the wall.  Oh, I didn't get anything for completing it? Sure, thanks). Definitely recommend it as it's not a slog to complete.  I have it like 90% done with about 14 hours into it.

The only complaints I really have are that the last two boss fights are garbage.  They aren't even fights.  Seemed really half-assed.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 06:32:27 pm by kamikazekeeg »

maximo310

« Reply #627 on: January 04, 2015, 08:48:30 pm »

I know how you feel. I beat Star Fox 2 yesterday on my first try in 20 minutes.
Nice, Star Fox 2 isn't too bad on normal difficulty and feels easier than Star Fox 1 in some ways to complete on one credit. It was pretty surprising to get those, especially sometimes with arcade games which are designed to be on a high difficulty level. From what I remember for KoF XIII, it was just 6 stages with 3 on 3 teams, and then the final fight against Ash's brother. My brother had this game on iOS so he said it was difficult, but it didn't seem that way, since the controls and gameplay felt very smooth, fast, and was easy to pull off special moves compared to some other fighters out there. It just seems interesting how the core of a game can make it much easier or harder to progress through the main mode.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #628 on: January 04, 2015, 11:12:09 pm »
New year, new list of completed games:

1.Strikers 1945 (PS1)

Using only 1 continue! (albeit on easy mode) Great vertical shoot-em up. Done in an exaggerated WII-style with lots of planes to choose from and power-ups. Any shoot-em up fan should enjoy this one.

The best part for shoot-em up fans: It's still an affordable 2D shoot-em up on the PS1 (I recently picked this up for about $10).
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 01:03:52 pm by burningdoom »

bobster

« Reply #629 on: January 06, 2015, 08:57:14 pm »
I just finished up Dragon Warrior 2. I was good with the game up until you get the ship. Once that happens, it literally doesn't tell you where to go. Each town has some rumor or hint about things, but it usually refers to something you haven't even arrived at or left a long time ago. So from that point on, I used a guide as it didn't tell me at all how to proceed.

This game was brutally hard in many ways. Lots of grinding, no ethers so everything you do has to be doable with the MP you have. Once I got to the Road to Rhone, the game got insanely difficult. At this point I used the Game Genie to just get to the end of the game.

Good story, GREAT music, but the pacing, difficulty, required grinding, and lack of direction got to me after a while. Still, glad I played it. I'll have to play 3 at some point here. Maybe after I play something else to take a break from RPGs. Maybe Shovel Knight!
Currently Playing: The Witcher