Author Topic: Recently completed/finished  (Read 188332 times)

abe

Re: Recently completed/finished
« Reply #690 on: March 01, 2015, 07:28:04 pm »
Just finished off the plat in The Order, making that my 2nd this year. :)

That didn't take long. :o I'm guessing it was an easy plat, yes? How enjoyable did you find it? I've been hearing lots of bad things about it.

Very easy. Check the "52 games in 2015" thread for my final game impressions. :)

Thanks, I will. :)
Currently playing: Persona 5 (PS4)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #691 on: March 02, 2015, 01:23:10 am »
BurningDoom's 2015 Beaten Games List:
1.Strikers 1945 (PS1)
2. Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen (DS)
3. Monster in my Pocket (NES)
4. Shovel Knight (Wii U)
5. Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)

6. Hyrule Warriors (Wii U)

By completed, I mean I finished all the Legend Mode scenarios.

Great game that blends the mythology and characters of Legend of Zelda with the gameplay of Dynasty Warriors. Kept my interest through-out.

Glad I didn't pay the full $60 price for it, though, as it does feel quite similar to past Dynasty Warrior games, which I've played plenty of already.

mrnikon

« Reply #692 on: March 02, 2015, 09:55:45 am »
Just tried to play Who Shot Johnny Rock on the Sega CD...

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #693 on: March 08, 2015, 03:33:45 am »
1.Strikers 1945 (PS1)
4. Shovel Knight (Wii U)

7. New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U)

Great 2D Mario game. In an age of handholding, this game actually held a little bit of a challenge. There was still a wealth of 1-Ups to be found like most modern-Mario games. But the levels took a few tries often times.

If your looking for something new, this isn't the game, though. This is the tried and true 2D Mario formula that most of us have come to love. And it's still fun after all these years. You do get a new Squirrel Mario suit, which gives you a gliding mechanic. As well as the new Ice Flower, which is like the Fire Flower but ice; you freeze enemies with it. And Yoshi returns!

Check it out if you like Mario and have a Wii U! Plenty of levels to keep you busy.

maximo310

« Reply #694 on: March 15, 2015, 05:01:32 pm »
Well I haven't really updated my completion stuff in while so here is goes:
Rayforce(arcade normal+Saturn- hard 1) -4 credits
Blazblue Calamity Trigger+ Continuum Shift's arcade modes on normal- 1cc's
Mushimimesama Futari (X360) Normal- 3credits
The Bouncer(PS2)

That's all I can remember of the top of my head for now.

« Reply #695 on: March 17, 2015, 03:46:20 am »
Just finished Dragon Age Inquisition, AKA got to the credits, still plenty to do.  Probably finished with the game though because while I enjoyed it well enough, it just did not compare to the first dragon age.  Dragon age 2 was pretty awful, but I'll give the series its due because the first one was absolutely incredible, inquisition was pretty good and I would recommend it, and we'll pretend 2 never happened :)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #696 on: March 17, 2015, 01:58:58 pm »
1.Strikers 1945 (PS1)
4. Shovel Knight (Wii U)

8. Arcade Hits Pack: Gunblade NY & LA Machine Guns (Wii)

I remember playing these games at the arcade, with the sweet dual-machineguns. Had such a blast with these games.

Thanks to maximo310, I recently got this game in a trade. Had a blast with them both. But they are like ridiculously short. I literally beat both games in under an hour. And the Wii Mote actually makes things a little too easy, compared to the original machinegun set-up.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 04:06:53 pm by burningdoom »

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #697 on: March 17, 2015, 02:14:10 pm »

...Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen (DS)

What did you think of this game?

The only DQ game that I've played is VIII (PS2) although, I have VII (PS1), Tourneko's (PS1), the 3 (or 4?) ones that got remade for the DS, and -iirc- I might also have 1 or 2 of the Monsters/Jokers games.

Which of these are 'connected' to which *and*, how would you (and Soera, and whoever else feels like it) prioritize playing these game (ie from best to worst)?
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #698 on: March 17, 2015, 04:06:25 pm »

...Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen (DS)

What did you think of this game?

The only DQ game that I've played is VIII (PS2) although, I have VII (PS1), Tourneko's (PS1), the 3 (or 4?) ones that got remade for the DS, and -iirc- I might also have 1 or 2 of the Monsters/Jokers games.

Which of these are 'connected' to which *and*, how would you (and Soera, and whoever else feels like it) prioritize playing these game (ie from best to worst)?

I love the DQ series. But then, I started on RPGs with DW 1 & 4. So it had a huge influence on me. Considering that, I may have a bias towards the series.

And DQ games are stand-alone titles, like FF games. It doesn't matter which order you play them in. I would stay away from the original NES DW games, at least at first, just because they are so primitive that they may turn you away.

DQ IV on DS is actually a pretty good start. Nice solid story but not too complicated. And the first one in the series to focus more on characterization and making each character have individual personalities. It's really emphasized because you play a single chapter as a character in your party, but by themselves. Then by the end of the 3rd (or 4th?) chapter your characters come together in a party.

I'm actually right before the final dungeon on DQ VI, right now.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #699 on: March 17, 2015, 11:45:34 pm »
1.Strikers 1945 (PS1)
4. Shovel Knight (Wii U)
8. Arcade Hits Pack: Gunblade NY & LA Machine Guns (Wii)

9. Rock Band: Metal Track Pack (PS2)

With the rumors of new Rock Band and Guitar Hero games, I decided to seek this one out, being a metal-head and all. Quick play through (guitar) with only 20 tracks, but enjoyable. Especially when I got it sealed for only $5.

But if I had paid any good amount for it, I would have been disappointed. They really could have picked some better songs. There were really only a handful of songs I REALLY liked. A lot of them fit in more with "hard rock" than they did metal.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #700 on: March 18, 2015, 03:23:18 am »
Finished all 5 heist in gta 5 online.... what a grind lol
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #701 on: March 18, 2015, 08:34:59 am »
Finished FFVII: Crisis Core.

disgaeniac

PRO Supporter

« Reply #702 on: March 18, 2015, 09:36:01 am »

Be sure to let me know once your review for it is up!

I've always had an interest in Crisis Core (and, Dirge of Cerberus, FF Tactics: A2, and hell - even the original (PS1) and/or the re-made (PSP) version of the 1st Final Fantasy: Tactics game, for that matter); much more-so in what & how their *stories* were/about...instead of anything gameplay, mechanics, pacing, etc-related.
"Attempts must be made, even when there can be no hope.
 The alternative is despair.
 And betimes some wonder is wrought to redeem us"

bobster

« Reply #703 on: March 18, 2015, 10:15:09 am »

Be sure to let me know once your review for it is up!

I've always had an interest in Crisis Core (and, Dirge of Cerberus, FF Tactics: A2, and hell - even the original (PS1) and/or the re-made (PSP) version of the 1st Final Fantasy: Tactics game, for that matter); much more-so in what & how their *stories* were/about...instead of anything gameplay, mechanics, pacing, etc-related.
I'll let Kashy talk about all the rest since it's been ages since I've played Crisis Core or Dirge of Cerberus (both good games I remember) but I played the PSP version of FFT about a year ago. It's not so much a remake as it is just a port. They did fix some things and completely retranslated the game, but as far as looks and what not, I think it's the same. If you've yet to play FFT, I'd recommend the PSP version as the story makes a bit more sense now that it's been translated better. It's still a great game though. Especially if you like religious/politically driven story lines :D.
Currently Playing: The Witcher

doafan

« Reply #704 on: March 18, 2015, 12:45:38 pm »
Don't expect to see me here at least not to often but a couple of days ago my daughter and I finally completed the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project in gameplay Mode A, you know the mode where the two characters can actually inflict damage between them  8)

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy